Chapter 2 oh no the talk

965 Words
Mercury’s P.O.V   William and I had been discussing a very important matter, but as soon as Anna walked in we both went silent. I had hoped that she hadn't heard anything of what we said, but by the look on her face she had heard the gist of what we were saying and quickly told me off about it. I could understand where she was coming from with wanting to graduate college and everything first and she had worked so hard to get to where she was. I was so proud of her for what she had accomplished and the strong woman she had become and I didn't want to ruin that for her, but this problem was serious. I had rogues invading my territory and others, everyone was looking to me for answers and not only was it my duty to keep the surrounding packs and my own pack safe, I would die if anything happened to my family, but I was also the Alpha Don and if I couldn't protect them then others would think that I was weak and that they could overthrow me. After listening to my daughter ramble on about waiting until she graduates, she took William out of my office, leaving me alone to think things over. I had just leaned back in my chair when the door to my office opened and I had hoped to get some time to look at the computer to see if I could work out if there was a pattern to all of this, but when I looked up I saw Cheyenne standing in the doorway, looking as beautiful as ever. I smiled at her as she closed the door and locked it, then watched as she slowly walked over to me, bending down in front of me.   “You do know that if she finds out you went to war before she graduates she's going to be so pissed at you. She wants peace, at least until after her graduation.” Cheyenne said, looking suspiciously at me.   “And she will have peace, but that doesn't mean that I can't go out there and check things out and if it just so happens that I run into a rogue or two and end up killing them, then it doesn't mean that I am going to war.” I innocently replied, but Cheyenne already knew what that meant and she knew I was going to do whatever I had to when it came to protecting my family and pack from rogues. There was no way that I was ever going to let Cheyenne or Anna go through even a fragment of pain again, not after what they have both already endured.   “Mercury Black.” Cheyenne said, standing up and I stood up too, wondering what she was going to say or do next. I watched as she placed her hands on her hips and I knew that she was going to do the one thing I could never ignore. She was going to make me do what she and my daughter had asked and I wasn't going to have a single say in the matter. I hated it when she pulled this card on me, but she knew just how well it worked on me.   “Cheyenne, don't do this, please. This is a serious problem and I need to fix it. I refuse to let you do what you are about to do.” I said, stepping closer to her, but she held her hand out and placed it on my chest, stopping me from getting any closer.   “I swear to the Moon Goddess that if you go after any rogues in the next two weeks, then not only will I tell our daughter what you have planned to do, but you will not get anything from me for the next three months. That means no s*x, no kissing, no hugging, nothing and if you think that I am joking then you just try me.” Cheyenne said, crossing her arms over her chest. The way her voice sounded I knew that she meant every word of what she said and that scared me. How the hell could I be away from my mate, unable to touch and make love to her for three whole months? That would damn near kill me and the thought of Anna being disappointed or mad at me made my head and my heart hurt. I stood there looking at her, knowing that I could never win against her when she was like this, so I sighed in defeat. I was putty in her hands and she knew it, I would do anything to make my mate and my daughter happy, so if this was what I had to do then I would do it.   “Fine, have it your way.” I said, sighing and shaking my head as I looked at Cheyenne, who was now smiling happily at me.   “But once she graduates then I’m killing every single rogue that goes onto any territory, not only ours.” I said and she quickly nodded.   “I can agree to that, but if you back out of it then I’m going to kick your butt across every single one of those territories.” Cheyenne said and I nodded, knowing that she would do it as well.   “Now, since you locked the door, come here.” I said, wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her to me. I picked her up and sat her on my desk, lifting her skirt up as I did so. I leaned down to kiss her, but before our lips could even touch someone else knocked at the door.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD