Chapter Two

1240 Words
Chapter Two After a day of flying, Phoebe and Apollo finally made it to San Francisco. Alone in the hotel room together, Phoebe eyed Apollo as he walked across the room to her. His tousled blond hair fell across his forehead as he sat down next to her. Touching her arm, he started to say something but stopped when he saw the expression on Phoebe's face. Once physical contact was made, his thoughts entered her mind. Visions of the two of them together and making love flooded through her thoughts. Realizing that she saw his thoughts—and was not trying to pull away—Apollo leaned in to kiss her. Pressing her into the bed, Apollo started to passionately kiss down her neck. Filled with desire, Phoebe moved to take off his shirt. She threw her dress onto the ground and pulled Apollo toward her. Unable to wait any longer, she pulled him into her. Apollo thrust deep inside her and she moaned for more. Their two bodies rocked in unison on the bed as desire radiated from their bodies. Rolling over, Apollo pulled her body on top of him. Phoebe threw her head back and arched her back so he could go deeper inside of her. Nothing seemed to exist anymore and nothing mattered except continuing. With each thrust, their bodies fell into a rhythm that seemed so natural. It felt like their bodies had once known each other and were now becoming reacquainted. Without a word from either of them, they simultaneously orgasmed. Phoebe's mind felt like a searing light was passing through it. Pure pleasure caused her body to clench against his uncontrollably in a rhythm. As the o****m came to an end, Phoebe fell back onto the bed next to him. Moments passed before either of them could say anything. It seemed so strange to hook up like this, but so right at the same time. Without thinking about it, Apollo began to lazily run his hands along her breasts and stomach. Each touch sent shivers through Phoebe's body. Rolling over to kiss her belly button, Apollo rested his head on her stomach. “Do you believe in fate, Phoebe?” Phoebe laughed. “Not really, what makes you ask?” “It just makes sense. How could a Qilin's death show a leader if there isn't fate? At any rate, I think that you are the person I'm supposed to be with.” This conversation was getting too serious for Phoebe. She had just met him a few days ago. Although they just had s*x together, it was not like she expected them to spend the rest of their lives together. Shrugging off his comment, she changed the subject. “When are we going back out to look for the Qilin?” Getting up, Apollo stood n***d before her. Each muscle was taut along his body. For a moment, she wanted to be with him again. Pointing toward the bathroom, he started to speak. “I just need five minutes to shower up and change. I'll be out in just a moment.” Apollo left the room to shower while Phoebe threw on her clothes. She wanted to get some fresh air and a quick cup of coffee before he returned. Exiting the hotel room, she nearly bumped into someone. Glancing up, she saw a man with tan skin and black hair. His eyes flashed good-naturedly at her. “Oh! I am so sorry, Mr...?” “Supay. You can call me Supay.” He grinned and his teeth flashed a brilliant white across his rugged skin. “Don't worry about it at all. I was just going to get a cup of coffee.” Phoebe smiled. “I was about to do the same thing. Care to walk there with me? My name is Phoebe by the way.” She reached out to shake his hand. Supay shook his head. “I'd love to get a cup of coffee with you, but I don't want to give you my cold, so I will take a rain check on shaking your hand.” Together, they headed toward the cafe. As they walked, Supay became quiet. The small talk they had been carrying on grounded to a halt. Waiting in line for coffee, Phoebe turned to him. “Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? Is there something wrong?” Motioning toward a table, Supay sat down. “There isn't anything wrong exactly. I just...” He gazed off. For a moment, Phoebe thought he forgot that he was talking to her. “I am here for the same thing that you are. I know about the Qilin.” Phoebe's jaw dropped. “Are you a daemon? How do you know about me? Do you plan on killing the Qilin first?” Supay shook his head. “Hopefully, I will stop the Qilin from dying at all. She's just a girl and doesn't deserve to die. Leaders will come and go without her death. Everyone seems so sure that fate has demanded this girl die for the greater good. Human sacrifice for a cause—in this case, murder—seems so archaic. I know about you because all the other hunters for the Qilin talk about you. Your special skills make it possible to uncover where the Qilin has been hiding.” “But, Supay... you make it sound so terrible. If it is something that has to happen and it stops all of the daemons from fighting, isn't her death a good thing? Apollo doesn't seem like some master villain. He really wants to help.” Supay chuckled darkly. “No, Apollo is convinced that he is doing this for the best reasons. The other hunters are doing it for power, recognition, or out of the same misguided goal of helping the greater good.” He stood up to leave. “I just hope you don't get hurt in the search. There are other ways for someone to become a leader. You don't have to be involved in such a distasteful enterprise. I'll give you my card. Call this number if you need help.” Without thinking about it, he reached out his hand with his card. Their fingers touched for a moment. Phoebe saw the image of a dog's teeth closing around a frisbee. Confused by this brief vision, she started to say something. When she looked up again, Supay was gone. Back in the room, Apollo was just getting out of the shower. As he put on his clothes, Phoebe broached him with a question. “So what you were saying about fate earlier... do you really believe in it?” Apollo smiled. “Of course. Just think of the myriad of possibilities that brought us together. To find the Qilin, I needed exactly you. You happened to be from the same daemon family, which is unlikely at best. Our daemon family happens to be one of the few that can only have children with other members of the same tribe. To top it off, I like you. What are the chances?” Phoebe frowned. She forgot that he was talking about her fate earlier and not just fate. “But the Qilin? Does this girl really have to die? I understand that there is a prophecy, but can't we change it?” Shaking his head, Apollo threw on his jacket. “The Qilin has known since birth that this would happen. Fate demands that she die and a leader be revealed that will bring about the peace of the daemons. Her death will prevent other deaths from happening. It may be distasteful, but everyone knows that this will have to happen at some point.” Motioning toward the door, Apollo grabbed his keys. “Come on, we need to start looking.”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD