Doomed.

1029 Words
"I am a don, and I have a gun."  His word scared me. But I am determined. I have won this money. This is mine. Last time I won accurately but this time I won more. Guess what that doesn't matter.  I see Jayesh behind the don's men. Oh! He just knocked him out. Jayesh hit a g**g member and knocked him out. He slowly moved to the other guy. He blocked the guy's scream with his palm and knocked him out by rotating his head. Damn, how does he do that? Clearing members one by one he finally comes forward. Jayesh shield me and Deepak. Placed the g*n in front of the don. He looked furious. "Go.....go" He shouts. Deepak and I obeyed his order and run for life. We escaped from the room, but the don's men were outside too. We run harder as they chasing us.  "Bam!!" Gunshot. "Ahh" I scream. Due to that, I got startled, and we got separated.   "Look carefully. They must be here only."  I am hiding in a corner. Scared to death. Every tiny bit of noise makes me shiver out of fear.  "Aaah....aa" What was that? Seems like a guy screamed. The sound of a footstep is coming. The volume of sound is rising along with it, my heartbeat too.   "Tap...Tap...Tap.." I can't be that fragile. I should fight myself. I look around and found a rock. I grab it. As the sound rising up, I am getting ready to fight back harder.  "Tap... Tap.." "Aaaah." I scream and swing my arm to hit the person. But my arm is stopped from doing so by a firm grip of a macular hand.  "It's me," Jayesh says. I finally took a breath of relief that lead to loosening my grip on the rock. And the rock falls on Jayesh's toe. "Aah" He screams. "Sorry.." I apologies. "It's okay. Let's run." "Where's Deepak?" I enquired. "He is safe. Don't worry." He holds my hand and carefully led me out of danger.  *** It took me one entire day to get stable. What happens in the boat's club is worse than any nightmare. I stay at home closed every single passage to my house. Not even air, not even light can enter my house now. I am getting calls from the bank. I have money though, but I'm afraid of going out. Don't know what danger awaits for me outside. "In a g**g war at the boat's club, many injured and casualty number is 2 as far now. The decease names are Raman Raghav, one of the g**g member and a  civilian Deepak Kumar.........." News broadcast. "Decease name is Deepak Kumar" The voice echoed. Listening to this my heart almost stopped. The room starts spinning around. Darkness slowly consuming everything. I get dizzy and fell down. I am on the floor, conscious but unable to move. In the same position for an hour.  A teardrop fell from my eyes. Deepak...... no... Deepak. Finally, my numb brain worked again. It's all my fault. I dragged him there. Oh God... Deepak...no.. I start weeping.  It's all my fault. He trusted me. I couldn't see him for the last time too. I am such a coward.  The only friend I had been him only. I dragged him into danger. And left him behind to die.  "Slap!" I slap myself for being such a terrible friend.  I am such a selfish girl.  "Piya, you are lucky for me..... lucky for me.." His word buzzes in my ear all the time.  I will go insane. I should die... I can't be alive without him. I....I should...... Knife... I searched for it. Found it. Knife in my right hand. I made a fist in my left hand. My focus is on my left wrist. Veins are visible through my pale skin. A mole fetching my attention.  No... Nothing can distract me. I placed the knife near my wrist.  It's time... it is the time....  I close my eyes. "Knock knock!" "Huh?" A knock on my door distracted me. "Bam! Bam... Bam!" They are knocking aggressively.  Who the hell is here. I open the door. "You are alive? Thank God!" Jayesh says. What is he doing with inspector Karan? "Miss Piya, we came here to take your statement. I know you are upset. We are sorry for your loss. But duty is a duty. I hope you'll cooperate." I nodded. Jayesh staring at my dull face that was washed out by tears.  "So should we continue?" Inspector says. Ahuja Ji came with a letter pad and pen gets ready to write. "We went there to bet on the boat race," I stated. "You gamble too?" He asks. "No. But for our institute..." I hesitate to answer. "So it was your first time. Then what happens?" Asks the inspector. "We won money from the bet. Then.." "How much?" "Huh?" "How much did you win?" "Oh... I don't remember." "You don't remember?" I shook my head. "It's in that bag." I pointed out to the bag containing the winning amount. After that incident, there was no way to open it up. "Go check." He ordered a constable. "You won once? " "No" "You won two rounds?" "No, all three." "Really? I've heard the last round was really an exceptional case. One won the race from the advantage of an accident." "Yes. That's true." "You bet on..?" "Number 3" I answered. "How did you predict that?" "The same question they asked." Jayesh listening patiently was socked too. As he was sitting at far so he was unaware of the real situation. "They stopped us, suspecting that we have cheated them. And the mess occurs from that." I continued. "They tried to scare us. I didn't cheat, so I wasn't scared of them. But suddenly Jayesh came and pulled the g*n against the don." "Okay... Jayesh came for your rescue." He says. "Mr. Jayesh, where did you find the g*n?" "From knocking out a g**g member," Jayesh replies. "Lie!" I mutter. "What?" Inspector gets shocked. Jayesh gave me a serious look. Ahuja Ji stops where he was writing. "What is the lie, Miss Piya?" "That g*n belongs to Jayesh only." "What? You mean to say, your friend carries a g*n with him?" I nodded. Jayesh is standing idly. Either he is shocked or upset or maybe something is going on in his head. "Mr. Jayesh is what she saying is correct. If so, show me the license." Inspector says. "He doesn't have it," I say. "What do you mean?" Jayesh is in a silent mode now. Not justifying or clearing anything. He is just listening to whatever I am saying. "He won't have a license. Because he has mafia connections." It shocked everyone, including Jayesh as well.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD