Chapter Two

1958 Words
-Christian POV-  *Giggles*  I look to my right where some she-wolfs are watching me as I train. I internally roll my eyes and focus on what I am doing.   I am not interested in any of these females. I am not interested in dating at this moment at all, to be honest. All I want to do is get strong and control my power which I have done good so far.   It has been two years since I got my wolf. I am seventeen now, soon to be eighteen. No one was prepared for my wolf to be so different. No one knows why either. Not even my wolf, Cyprian. But ever since I got him, I have been able to control my powers better which is what Marco thinks is why I have him as my wolf.  My powers seem to be stronger than most with the same gift. So Marco thinks that the goddess gave me Cyprian so that I can control my powers better. Who knows?  My senses, speed, and strength are stronger too. And I mean they are stronger than normal Alphas as well. I am not as strong as Colton or faster than Mason but I can smell and hear better than any of them. Also, silver doesn’t seem to affect me as much either. According to Daniel, I am a scientist's nightmare because he can’t figure out anything about me or why I am the way I am.  “Hey Christian... do you want to go for a run with us later?” One of the girls asks.  I look up at the girl while I continue to do my pushups. “No thanks. You guys have fun.”  They look disappointed but I really don’t care. In all do honesty... women kind of scare me a little... and I am not gay. Damn Rylie! I like Girls, I find them to be beautiful but they can also be crazy. And all I want to do is focus on what I need to do for my pack. I need to be strong.   Marco said that after I am done with school, I’ll be permanently taking the Alpha position. I did want to wait a bit longer but he says that I am ready although I don’t feel ready.  I get up and take a deep breath as I look at our new packhouse. We are still settling in. We moved here three months ago. Alana moved the newer established packs around to cover gaps trying to spread us evenly and since our pack was right next to two others, she moved us all the way to the state of Maryland. We live near a small town but the city of Baltimore is just thirty minutes away and May’s and Colton’s pack is only a few hours from us. So we get to see them more often but we see Alana less now.   My thoughts are interrupted by growling.   “You need to calm yourself!” Sasha shouts at one of the Lycans who has shifted. Mason is holding another guy back who is also on the brink of shifting into his Lycan form.   After Daniel managed to help the Lycans shift into humans again, most of them joined our pack and Alana’s. They knew that they wouldn’t be able to have a normal life. A few chose to go back to their families though, but they are always welcomed back. Sasha and Mason are in charge of them. They are like an elite squad... at least that is what Mason is pushing to call them.  The Lycans still have a bad temper just like werewolves do. And that is why they are always butting heads with their own kind and us werewolves. But they are completely accepted as part of our pack. They might be different but then again so are Marco, Sasha, Mason, and I. Yet that is what makes our pack so strong. And also, most of our pack consists of those who were once rogues.  I am thirsty so I head inside to get a drink. I start to go past the Livingroom but stop when I see Marco and some of the other pack members standing and looking at the TV with concern.   “What happened now?” I ask.  Marco looks back at me. “The number of deaths is growing. And there has been an alarming number of creatures sighted in the cities.”  I stare at the TV where the news reports. They still think it’s an unknown disease. But it’s not. It’s those vampires. The leach vampyrs or something like that. These creatures are sticking to the cities so far. They attack humans and infect them. Around half are able to turn to those creatures. The other half start feeling symptoms as if they are sick and go to the hospital thinking it’s a normal sickness but then end up dying.   I saw a vampyr a few months ago. They look like humans but their eyes are darker, their skin is paler and some have pointy ears. Their skin is almost white as paper. They can’t stand any sunlight. Their skin burns immediately which is a good thing because they only come out at night. Alana and Kingston have been working with Ezekiel and some other vampires to figure this all out.   “Hey Christian.” Sadie says when I enter the kitchen.  “Hey, Sadie.” I say grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.  “So...” She starts twirling her hair with her finger. “Next full moon... do you want to run together?”  (f**k! Why can’t they just leave me alone?)  ‘Because we are of Alpha blood... females are automatically attracted to us.’ Cyprian says.  ‘... I know that. I just wish they weren’t.’  I quickly put the bottle in my mouth and drink while I think of how to answer her.  I glance at her. The girl is very pretty. Long black straight hair, bright hazel eyes. She notices me checking her out and she smirks.  “Is that a yes?” She asks.  ‘No. I don’t like her.’ Cyprian says.  I finish drinking and clear my throat. “Maybe another time. I might be going with Sasha and Mason.”  She nods. “But you're not sure?”   I shake my head then turn around and leave the room before she can say anything else.   “I heard that.” Sasha’s voice makes me jump.  She walks up to me from the hall and I sigh.  “You just lied. I always run with Mason alone.” She says.  “I know. It’s just a small white lie. I didn’t want to make her sad or anything like that.”   “Look, it’s none of my business but you are starting to get a bit grumpier. And we all know why that is.” She says.  “I know, I know. The whole mate thing and being an Alpha.” I say rolling my eyes.  “Yes. So you should start giving girls a chance. If you get to know them, you might end up liking one of them.” She says.  Cyprian mumbles annoyed but we both know she is right. We have been pushing away all females that show any interest in us.  “I know.” I say. I hear her sighing as I walk up the stairs and then I head to my room.  ---  The next day Friday at school, I sit at lunch with Ryan, Gloria, and Mallory. Ryan quickly became my best friend when we moved here. He is tall, as tall as me. He has a lean physique, light skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. Gloria is one of his childhood friends, she is pretty cool and is not interested in me in any way other than like a friend. Mostly because she is interested in girls. She is Mexican. She has wavy brown long hair, brown eyes, and has curves that most girls in the school envy. She is short and has tanned skin. And then there’s Mallory who always seems to wear a whole bottle of perfume. Apparently, she never hanged out with Ryan or Gloria until I did.  “Christian, do you need help with that math assignment? You can come to my place and I can help you.”  Mallory says and the hint of flirty-ness in her voice is not unnoticed.  She can be a little annoying but Ryan has a crush on her so she managed to stay in our little group. She, on the other hand, doesn’t hide how she pursues me. Thankfully, Ryan doesn’t hold it against me. She is a stylish girl. Always has nice clothes on and has her hair dyed in purple. She has light skin and gray-blue eyes. I have gotten used to her smell but it is strong.  Ryan sits up straight. “I need help, Mallory. I need a lot of help.” He gives her a big smile.   Gloria, who is sitting next to him, rolls her eyes.   “Nope, the offer is only for Christian.” Mallory says.  I shake my head. “Na, I’m good.”  The three of them are humans. I don’t know why, but I tend to like hanging around humans more than my own kind. I think it’s more the fact that they treat me like a normal guy, unlike my pack members who treat me like their Alpha.  “Dang, the weather is really bad today.” Ryan says looking behind me. I look back and out of the clear windows of the lunchroom. It looks like a storm. Rain pours down and the wind is violent.  I look back and see Ryan with his hands in a prayer looking up. “God please, please, let us go home early today.”  “We have a Social Studies exam next.” Gloria says.  “Exactly.” He says giving her a pointed finger.  “Wait what?! Was that today?!” Mallory asks panicking.  “Yep.” Gloria says enjoying Mallory's panicky state. She doesn’t like Mallory too much.  Mallory hits her head. “You dumb ass!” She says to herself. “I knew I was forgetting something!” We all start laughing.   She acts all tough and bratty but she is a klutz.  I feel someone's hand caress from one of my shoulders to the other on my back. I look back and see Sadie.   She smiles. “You should come to sit with us from time to time Christian.” She turns around and sashays all the way back to her table.  “f**k man, you are so lucky!” Ryan says excitedly.  Mallory makes a gagging sound. “Oh please. She’s not all that.”  “She is captain of the cheerleading squad. I think she is all that.” Gloria says looking back at Sadie.  “She is so hot.” Gloria mumbles.  ‘Your friends are weird.’ Cyprian says.  ‘A little.’ I say agreeing.  Suddenly, the lights go out. People start murmuring.  After a few minutes, the principal walks in. “Okay, everyone, calm down! Due to the weather, school will be canceled today.”   Ryan pumps his fist. “Yes!”  “We want everyone safe at home before the weather gets worst.” He says.  We all gather our stuff and start heading out.   ‘We should go for a run after the storm is done.’ I say to Cyprian.  I love the smell after the rain and Cyprian likes running in the mud for some reason.  I can feel him already happy thinking about it. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD