Side Story: Craig Nimitz

2267 Words
In the busy town of the Hawaiian Naval Base in the east of the mainland. Hundreds of modern warships are docked neatly in the ports. Most of them are aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigates, and submarines. The naval base is busy every day, the personnel of the naval base is replenishing the ships that participated in the battle east of the Regirenth Empire. Even though it’s a naval base. It can be compared to a big city where huge skyscrapers can be located and establishments like malls, amusement parks, and so on can be seen. A guy in his service uniform is seated on a bench which is located by the side of the tree. He was seemingly enjoying the tacos in his right hand. That man is Craig Nimitz, commander of the Second Carrier Strike Group that once participated in the first naval battle where they fought the dragons and Kraken. But, looking closely at his face was not a happy one but a sorrowful face. He witnessed the deaths of 2,400 crews in his command and his fellow commanders who were caught in the attack. The bitter past is still haunting him but as a commander of the fleet. He must keep his command aura so that he can be respected and regain his glory again. “Time to return.” Craig Nimitz muttered and threw the plastic box of the tacos in the bin beside the bench. He strolled in the direction of Kremlin Palace. The Kremlin Palace where the witches stayed now becomes the HQ for the admirals. Their missions can only be received by mail at their desk. So, he needed to return hoping that he could do the next mission to vindicate his honor once more. Walking on the sidewalk, Craig put earphones on his ears and fished his phone out of his pocket to play his favorite RnB songs. The scene of the naval base is grand that everything seems to be photogenic. Taking the opportunity of this grand scene where the sun is setting off soon. Craig once again fished something in his sling bag. “Okay,” A professional-looking camera was brought and was now in his hand only to be pointed out to the sun that is setting in. The orange sun colored the entire sea and everything in his camera looks gorgeous. “3...2...1” Whilst counting, he steadied his hand to prepare for a perfect shot. Ever since he was off duty, he became fond of photography. He is confident that he will get a perfect shot. However… “Ouch.” Something bumped on him and fell to the ground. The loud crash of him hitting the floor must’ve hurt him. He looked in the direction of the source of this accident. It was a tall woman with a slender frame and a huge bust pushing him down. Her dark-brown hair fluttered in the wind while releasing its sweet fragrance. Craig was stunned at the beauty of the girl who just bumped into him. “Are you okay?” He said while scanning her if there’s been an injury. He felt a big shock when he was bumped by her so it’s possible that she must’ve been injured. “Let me take you to the clinic.” He said in concern and offered his hand. While doing so, Craig looked at the ground only to see his commander’s hat. The girl accepted his hand and used it as a support to stand. Now that her appearance is clear. Craig noticed that she’s wearing a Miku’s attire and a Miku skirt that is commonly seen in Japanese Culture. Is this woman from another country perhaps? Craig put his hand onto his chin to contemplate. This world is influenced by Japanese Culture but the higher-ups don't have intel on why. Is this purely coincidental? He clicked his tongue not wanting to think more. Maybe it’s for the higher-ups to unravel the mystery of this world. Craig grabbed his service uniform hat. One can deduce that his hat is from a high-ranking officer of the navy. He patted it to remove the dust and looked again in the direction of the woman who was standing there. But the girl seemed to be gazing at him. What’s her deal in looking at him like that? Craig sighed and asked once more if she’s alright. But she didn’t answer. Hence, Craig assumed that the problem is settled and began to walk once more. And for a moment, he felt something that tugged his white sleeves. Craig turned his head again confused. “Uh, ma’am if you are really injured please let me know so I can take you to proper authorities…” Saying that he noticed the girl’s face that looks apologetic, “Uhm…” She said softly, but it was a little as if she’s wanting to say something but looks like it’s at the top of her tongue. Did she forget what she was about to say? “I’m sorry!!!” She bowed her body in 90 degrees. This kind of politeness made an uneasy feeling to Craig. Is she apologizing that she bumped into him? Well if that’s the case. “Raise your head, I forgive you. Please look at the way you’re heading next time so this matter will not be repeated.” What humble words coming from an exalted man like him. The woman seems to be in luck that she bumped into someone compassionate. “Thank you…” And then the woman looked at his uniform. It’s a uniform dedicated to every commander of the fleet. It is rare to see one roaming in the base. Now that she knows who she’s dealing with. The woman sulked once more. Putting an uneasy face again to Craig. “Uhm...are you perhaps a commander of a fleet?” She said in a way that is not pushy but filled with respect. “You do have keen eyes. I'll give you that. That’s right, my name is Craig Nimitz, commander of the US Carrier Strike Group Number 2. This may be too forward but it is an honor to meet a fine woman like you in this base.” He said, picking his hat and placed it on his chest, and politely bowing in front of her. The woman flustered at his polite introduction. This handsome blonde-haired young man is hitting on her perhaps. “May I know your name, miss?” He added hoping to get an answer and one he knows will get her number and f******k account and save her profile picture if there is. Craig is staring at her like a painting that is mounted on the wall created by a brilliant painter. The work is amazingly beautiful if you were to ask. This stare of Craig who seems to be not moving at all but focusing on her is making her face dyed red. “My...name...is...Akagi.” She softly said. What an alluring voice. Craig must’ve been charmed. Is this love at first sight? An Asian beauty, a goddess with a bashful face, their gaze is locked on one another. “Akagi? As in an aircraft carrier Akagi?” He said wanting her to confirm it. “Yes…” “What a beautiful name, it’s the same as me where my name is inspired by the USS Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier. That’s why my name is Craig Nimitz.” “It’s truly an embodiment of beauty,” Akagi said. “Well it was now succeeded by the Gerald R Ford Class Aircraft Carrier so Nimitz is now a side character.” Craig said jokingly to which Akagi responded with a cute chuckle. They both talk casually and their gazes are locked at one another hoping that his time would stop, cherishing this moment. “I would really want to know more about you so can I ask if you’re available later? I want to have dinner with you.” Craig put a straight looking face, this is now his time to make a move since all of his fellow commanders have their own girlfriends. At first sight, he knew that she’s the one. “Yes!” She answered joyously. “Great, I’ll pick you up at seven is that time okay?” “Uhm can we move it to nine? I’ll have...to...prepare...myself.” Saying that in a soft voice, Craig blushed as dopamine surges forth in his body making him happy. “It’s okay. But I need to contact you so can I have your f******k account and number to get in touch?” Craig is now being pushy this time. “Okay,” She said and picked her phone in her cute handbag. “Here.” She handed her pink cute looking phone. Craig now has the opportunity and he took it. He scanned the QR code of her profile and type in her number on his smartphone. ‘Okay, it’s settled.” “Then see you later!” … Five minutes later they both go in opposite directions. Craig was looking in his phone and tapped the f******k icon while walking sideways joyously. He then searched her profile and clicked it. There are numerous pictures of her in beautiful dresses, swimsuits, and so on. Craig with a goofy face stalked her profile and saved every photo she posted in her account. He’ll show it off to his fellow commander in the Kremlin Palace. … “Wow! This shawty is good!” “You’re lucky Craig! I’m so happy that there will be no single in our group.” “I’m so happy for you.” “Give your all on the date!” Left and right there was this cheer glamour in the spacious hall of the Kremlin Palace. Those are his fellow commanders and friends. They are captains of aircraft carriers and submarines. Their position is as high as him. “Well, being a captain is a plus point to a man especially like you who’s perfect in any way. I envy you.” One of his friends praised him, it is indeed true that he’s featured as a man is perfect. A shredded body, a hot-looking face, pointed nose, and so on. “So when are you going to pick her up?” One of his friends added. “At six! I must get ready.” He said and rushed towards his room and got the suits he ordered earlier and wore them. It was quite an expensive suit but his paycheck handled it. He must leave a good impression on her to have a high chance of success in making her into his girlfriend. He then sprayed an expensive perfume on his neck and the collars of the suits. This sweet charming fragrance is now permeating the room. “Hi, Akagi. It’s me again, Craig you look so beautiful today.” “Hi Akagi, your dress is wonderful!” “Konichiwa! You’re looking mighty fine tonight!” Craig said those words in front of the mirror testing a different approach on how he will greet her. Those are cliche words that he learned from watching romance movies and anime while in the sea. Will it work? Craig is having this sad-looking face while thinking that he might fail at impressing her. He protrudes his chest and stands straight once more at the glass looking handsomely. “Good” Craig cheered himself looking at the mirror. He combed his hair and fixed his expensive-looking watch. He then went straight to the hall only to be met with full praises of those who he met along the way. The staff of the Kremlin Palace and even boys are stunned and sighed in admiration. And then went to the grand entrance of the Kremlin Palace and pushed his exquisite car key fobs and entered in his personal BMW i8 Coupe and Roadster. When looked at from the outside, it can be told that it is owned by a rich person. And was able to afford it since he has nothing to buy other than his own house in Long Beach. He picked his phone while driving and headed to the commercial district of the Naval Base where luxurious fine dining restaurants, malls, parks, and so on were located. He dialed her number and the phone rings. He waited for her call while keeping an eye on the road. And then she picked the call. “Uhm...please pick me up at the Kremlin Palace,” She said on the phone leaving Craig in surprise. The Kremlin Palace is a luxurious headquarters of the Hawaiian Naval Base. It is said that only high ranking personnel has a clearance to enter. The girl he met is a total mystery, which makes Craig want to know her more. He was curious but he didn’t ask why she’s there. So, he stomped the gas pedal and made his way back to the Kremlin Palace to pick her up. “I’m coming in two minutes!”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD