The President's Proposal

1576 Words
Inside the beast. Thomas is swiping through his phone looking at his personal account on f******k. He chuckled lightly as he read through his personal page where his citizens are giving him such commendable praise about his first year being the president. “Two minutes, Mr. President. Her security detail said that she is waiting just outside the Capitol.” Hearing that, Thomas's hands trembled slightly. Mike noticed his uneasiness, he was not like that before, Is the president has some kind of disease that the doctor missed in his weekly medical examination? He now shares this uneasiness and it was his job to ensure the president’s safety. And if he fails to now know what’s causing it. Then he is not fit to be the head of security. “Mr.President, is something bothering you?” He called out suddenly, making Thomas startled a bit. “I’m just feeling nervous about seeing her again. I have something to give to her that I don’t think I have the courage to do.” “Give? What might that be Mr. President?” Mike gave him a curious look, eager to know it. Thomas smiled since he is his chief of security and the man who’s closer to him other than Aaron. He can trust him. “The thing is I said a completely blatant lie to her. I said that I don’t like her and I only see her as a colleague. That was a complete lie of mine. In fact, I have this feeling where my heart is beating fast when I’m with her. It’s been a year and this feeling is not fading away. So, I tried to keep her away from me by making her the vice-president where most of her time she’s in the Capitol.” “Mr. President don’t tell me?” Mike exclaimed, he knew where this was going but he liked to hear it from him. “What you’re thinking is right.” He affirmed, “I’m in love with Alice and I want to give this to her when I meet her at the Capitol.” Thomas fished his pocket again and picked something from it. Mike watched Thomas’s hand curious as to what it was. He then saw a small case there when someone saw it for the first time. They will immediately knew it on the spot “Mr. President, are you planning on giving it to her now?” Mike said energetically, he can’t contain the happiness inside of him. In fact, he was more excited than Thomas. “What do you think? Will she like it?” “Absolutely Mr. President! That is the thing that most women want from their man.” “Well, I’ll give it a try. Sorry for keeping this from you. I want to keep it to myself but I regretted it. I want my proposal to her to be majestic but I don’t want to bother you with such nonsense” He chuckled. “I believe the Capitol is the most romantic place for you to propose. You’re the president and she is the vice-president and the Capitol is her home. It feels like you’re proposing in front of her house.” “Well, we will see about that when we arrived at the Capitol.” “Don’t worry sir! I will advise the security detail about your proposal” He said and picked something from his pocket. “Is that a phone?” Thomas said. “Yes, I will record every second of your most romantic day in this world.” Two minutes later. The convoy of the President arrives in front of the Capitol. There were no other people besides Alice, her chief of staff, and her security details. Her security details then received a transmission from their earpiece and after they received it. Their faces reflected happiness. Alice noticed it but didn’t mind it. Maybe it’s just some of their jokes among themselves. The Beast parked and Thomas stepped out of the vehicle. In front of her is Alice in her usual formal suit. “Just in time, Mr. President.” She smiled joyously seeing her president. Her genuine happiness gave Thomas the confidence of bringing up the proposal. Will he propose here? But first, he has to create the mood first. “Alice, as expected, you’re just as beautiful as the first day I met you.” He initiated. Alice’s cheeks turned red, it was unusual to him to praise her. “What’s gotten into you? Mr. President? You’re unusual today.” Alice saw right through him. As expected of her. She knew everything about him. “Look at the moon” He said pointing up in the sky where the full moon was. Alice looked. “The full moon is beautiful isn’t it?” And again, she knew what’s going on. That praise is an indirect way of saying “I love you” in Japanese. Her cheeks completely turned red. “Wh-what are you saying…Eh?” Alice doesn’t want to believe it so she turned her head once more to Thomas but he was not standing but kneeling. Thomas genuflected in front of her and grabbed something from his suit pocket. The security details know what was going on since they were told beforehand. There is this cheering arising among them. “Eh? Wh-wha-what are you doing? Mr. President?” Mike with his phone started to record the event. Then, Thomas extended his hand to her with a small case from it. He opened the small case and what was there was a beautiful wedding ring. The design was simple but the price tag of it is enormous. “I saved it just so I can give it to you in the future and this is the future.” He said. “Mr. President?” There is a mixed emotion happening in her. “Alice, I love you. Will you marry me?” And he said those words with a bead of tears forming in his eyes. He waited up until this day and finally, he was able to say it. “Mr. President…” tears are now forming up in her eyes, “I thought we were just having dinner?” “That was a lie.” He said, “The truth is I want to see you and tell you my feelings of mine. Alice, I really love you. Thank you for being with me ever since I founded this country. I’m sorry if I said terrible things to you back then but that’s because my feelings for you are growing bigger and bigger. I thought that if I don’t see you from the White House, this feeling will disappear but it was not…I’m sorry, I’m truly sorry about the thing I’ve done to you.” “Mr. President…” Alice's tears began to fall on her soft face. “Now, I have told you my feelings. I am waiting for your reply.” He said hoping that she will accept it. His security details can’t contain the happiness and were now moving erratically. They are also hoping for her to say yes. “Please…” She said softly. “Please?” “Please take care of me from now on” She burst out in tears after saying it. “Is that a yes?” Thomas said but it is a definite yes! His happiness grew further that he was unable to contain it much longer. This feeling of love for him is overflowing to the point he wants to hug her tightly. Thomas grabbed her right hand and inserted the ring. It was now sealed and his security details cheered loudly, jumping from their excitement! And then, Thomas hugged her tightly, wiping her tears off her face with his hand. “Alice I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!” This is the first time he spoke of his feelings. He had never had these feelings in his previous world. Well, that’s because he doesn’t have a female friend where intimacy is growing like them with Alice. “Thomas, I love you too!” Then their emotions settled. Thomas and Alice are now looking at each other. He is tempted by her soft red lips and he finds his lips unconsciously moving closer to her lips. But his senses returned. “Can I kiss you?” He said softly. “Yes!” Alice replied. With her permission, both their lips met together. The c****x falls and his and her security detail are jumping in joy, some are clapping. “I want to marry you, Alice! I want to marry you as soon as possible!” “Before you do that. Please tackle the issues at hand regarding Sovereignty and after that. We will marry each other right away!” “Understood, Darling!” “I’ll expect more from you, Honey!”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD