Chapter Three

2423 Words
-Sasha’s POV- I know I shouldn’t be surprised since Mason always sits there but his presence causes me to be a little nervous. Our tables are really close so it looks like we are always all sitting together.  ‘Goddess look at him Sasha. He is a perfect human specimen. I want to jump him.’ Gaia says almost moaning.  ‘Oh, goddess stop please.’ I whine in my head. ‘You're going to get us... Horny again.’  She laughs. ‘Do you know how much we would rock his world? If he only knew how sexually active our kind is.’ She sighs like a teenager in love. I decide to ignore her cause I know she is not going to stop. So I focus on my food.  “Hey Christian, did you catch our last game?” Mason asks.  Christian nods. “Yea. You guys murdered the other team.”  Mason smiles. “Are you thinking of joining when you are old enough?” He asks. “You should. Since we are graduating this semester, my brother Alex is taking over next school year and you would be great for the team.”  “Yea, I thought about it. I think I will.” Christian says.  Bret walks by behind Christian and stares at me. He winks and licks his lips then he throws a kiss at me. I lift my hand to my face and scratch my eyebrow with my middle finger, telling him to f**k off. But he just gives a smirk and keeps walking.  He is so nasty. He f***s half of the girls in the school and thinks that every girl wants him.  Well, not me.  “Mason, can I talk to you for a minute?” Rachel—Mason’s ex who comes out of nowhere—asks, pouting.  He stares at her for a few seconds then shakes his head. “No.” That’s all he says and continues to eat ignoring her.  Daren starts laughing and I can hear Rylie holding her laugh.  She looks at me with anger and I want to throw my hands up in the air in surrender telling her that I have nothing to do with them. She stomps away angrily and Daren laughs again.  “Why do you got to date the crazies?” He asks Mason still laughing.  Rylie perks up hearing his deep voice. Daren has dark skin and light brown eyes. He is fit and tall, very attractive just like Mason.  “Hey, Daren.” She says in a flirty tone twirling her hair.  Daren looks at her and smiles. “Yea baby girl?”  She giggles.   Mason and I look at each other and we hold our laughs.   ‘Wow, that Daren guy is dumb.’ Gaia says. ‘Doesn’t he know that she’s crazy too?’  “Hey! She’s crazy too.” Michael shouts at Daren sounding jealous.  ‘See, even he knows it.’ Gaia says.  Rylie gives Michael her murderous eyes. “You little ass! Now you really aren't getting any of this!” She says pointing up and down at her body.  “That’s not what you said last night.” He says looking away obviously lying.  Her eyes go wide and she gives a screeching scream. She leans over the table and grabs him by the collar.  “You little twerp!!” She shouts while I pull her back and Christian tries to pull Michael back. Both of us laughing.   “See, she’s crazy!!” Michael shouts trying to pull away from her. This is not new to any of us.  She finally lets him go and calms down.  “See, a pack of wild animals is what they are.” We can hear a guy from another pack say.   Christian tenses up and I know he wants to say something but I hold his hand to calm him down.  “Ignore them.” I mouth out. He sighs and nods.  ‘Don’t tell him that! Encourage him to set their asses on fire.’ Gaia says and laughs maniacally.   I thank the goddess that is not me with Christian's powers because Gaia would have tried to take over the word a long time ago. She is ridiculously impulsive... kind of like Rylie, but I would never tell her that cause she would stop talking to me.  Throughout lunch, I can feel Mason giving me glances.   ‘Goddammit, Sasha! I really like him!’ Gaia shouts in my head.  ‘Stop. I know.’   ‘Then do something about it!’  ‘No.’ That’s all I say shutting down the conversation and tuning her out.  When lunch is over, we walk to our next class with Mason and Daren following us.   Rylie and I dread every step. Mr. Henry, the science teacher always smells of antiseptic. My nose screams when he is near.   “Dad is going to kill me, I’m not doing so good in that class.” Mason says.  “Maybe you can do extra credit, ask Mr. Henry.” Daren says.  Mason nods and they continue talking. Rylie intertwines her arm around mine as we walk with the guys close behind us.   “The hot guys are following us.” Rylie whispers in my ear.   “No, they are not, we are all just going the same way.” I say.  She turns around. “Hey, you guys are following us, right?”  Mason smiles. “Yep, to the ends of the earth.”  Rylie looks at me and wiggles her eyebrows.  ‘This b***h!’ I say to Gaia who is in heaven right now after what Mason said.   Rylie puts her arms around me and leans in. “He really likes you.”  I look away and ignore her. Mostly because I am now a little embarrassed. I can’t believe this guy does that to me. I have never dated before but I never have had any problem talking to a guy until now.  We get into the classroom and sit with our partners. Of course, mine is Rylie. Daren and Mason sit at the table in front of ours.   Mr. Henry walks in. He is the type of person who is always in a hurry and trying to do everything fast. He is skinny and short with brown unkempt hair. He always wears a lab coat with slacks and button-up t-shirts underneath. When he settles in, he starts handing us our graded assignments.  “What did you get?” Rylie asks.  “I got a hundred percent.” I say.  She rolls her eyes. “Why do I even ask? I got ninety-two.” She says.  “Geeze man, really? Sixty-two?” We hear Daren say.  Mason looks at his paper. “Uh! My dad is going to kill me if I don’t do better.”  Rylie looks at me with a mischievous smile.   ‘What is she up to?’ I ask Gaia.  ‘I don’t know, but I think I’m going to like it.’ Gaia says excitedly with anticipation.  She looks at Mason. “You know, I’m sure Sasha could tutor you.”  My eyes go wide.   ‘Haha! Yes! This is why I love her.’ Gaia says.  He looks back with a big smile and those deep blue eyes lock with my amber ones. “That would be great.”  My stomach turns into knots when he looks at me and I can’t seem to say no.  “Done, she’ll be over today after school... in fact, she can go with you and I’ll pick her up when you guys are done.” Rylie says.  My mouth is opened and nothing comes out at this point.  “Perfect, I’ll wait for you after school.” He says and gives me a wink.  He turns around and I look at Rylie wanting to slap her but not sure if it’s because I am pissed or a little excited about it. Either way, I want to slap her.  She leans in. “Oh come on, you need to pop that cherry of yours.” She says wiggling her eyebrows.  I quickly cover her mouth so no one hears her and look around. Thankfully no one seems to have heard her.  ‘This b***h! I’m going to become the first murderer in our pack. I’m going to kill her!’ I shout to Gaia and she just laughs.  ‘Nope, I won’t let you. I like her too much.’ Gaia says.  ‘Of course you do,  kindred souls.’ I mumble in my head.  ‘What?’  ‘Nothing.’ I play dumb.  “You are paying for this, mark my words.” I give Rylie a stern look and she laughs.  “Oh come on, he needs the help.” She says trying to look innocent. She then looks down at my crotch. “And you need some help too.”  “Shut up.” I whisper looking around again.   I sigh and lean back on my chair.  “I know you like him too.” Rylie mumbles.  I roll my eyes. How the hell am I going to keep Gaia at bay. She gets all stupid and riled up when I am around him.   ‘You're the stupid one!’ Gaia shouts. I sometimes forget to shut my thoughts from her.  ‘Yea right, I’m not the one who acts like a fool around him... well I am, but it’s because of you!’ I say.  ‘You are stupid because he is perfect and you just ignore him.’ She says.  ‘Whatever.’ I mumble.  I’m just trying to be careful.  I go the rest of the day dreading the end of school. When we get out, Rylie practically drags me to the parking lot.  We head over to a nice-looking blue sports car where Mason waits. Rylie almost throws me at him pushing me towards him. “Here you go. Have fun.”  I look at him awkwardly and he stares at me with a smile. He always looks so cool and composed.  “Ready?” He asks.  ‘Yes!’ Gaia says in my head.  I nod.  He opens the door for me and I get in. He walks around the car and I can’t help staring at him and his broad shoulders.   ‘Can you imagine our arms around him?’ Gaia asks almost purring.  ‘Shut up!’  He gets in the driver's seat and I feel nervous. He is gorgeous and I do like him but he’s human. My life is already too complicated.   When he starts the car and puts his hands on the steering wheel, I can’t help myself again and look at his arms. You can tell he works out.   He starts driving. “Are you hungry? We can stop somewhere first and eat something.” He says.  He gives me a side smile and my stomach does summersaults.  “No, I’m okay.” I say looking away feeling like I am about to blush.  ‘Goddess you are so cringing. Stop acting like a little girl and take the guy as ours!’ Gaia says.  ‘Shut up! You are crazy if you think I'm going to do that.’  ‘Crazy for a yummy Mason.’ She mumbles.  I grunt. I agree with her that he is yummy but she makes it so hard for me to resist temptation.  “Thanks for helping me by the way.” He says. “I really need the help for that class.”  I smile. “I don’t mind, even though Rylie practically forced me to.”  He smiles. “Yea I know and I took advantage of it but I hope you don’t mind.”  He then looks at me with a serious expression as he drives. “Sasha, I really like you.”  My heart almost leaps out of my mouth and I think Gaia has died. I stay quiet not knowing what to say. I wasn’t expecting him to be so direct right now.  “I have liked you since middle school... but you already knew that.” He says glancing at me as he tries to keep an eye on the road.  I nod shyly. I already knew but I never really acknowledged it.  “Would you please, go with me to the festival?” He asks with expectant eyes.  At this point, I have stopped breathing.   ‘Answer him!!’ Gaia shouts. ‘Please, you know you want to.’ She pleads.  I take a deep breath.   “Mason, I am not like you.” I say. “I am very different. I come from a different... background.” He stays quiet listening intently. “I have too many skeletons in my closet, too much pain from my past and it would just be too complicated. That is why I have never dated anyone before.”   How do I tell someone that I am a werewolf? Or that my mother died at the hands of my father. Or rather the monster I had to call my father. The things he made me do. My heart aches thinking back on the things I did. I was just a child.   “Is that why you are always quiet and tend to keep to yourself?” He asks softly.  I nod. “Trust me, you and I are very different. And I’d be doing you a favor keeping you away from me.”  He slows the car down until he stops in the middle of the street with cars honking behind us, but he doesn’t move and then he turns to me.  “Look, I’m not asking you to marry me... yet.” He says playfully with a smirk but then turns serious again. “I’m just asking you to go with me to a festival. We can get to know each other a bit. I would never push you into telling me something you don’t want me to know but, I am very opened minded and I would never judge you.”  I am very surprised. I stare into his hypnotizing eyes.   I guess it’s just one small date. ‘Yes, that’s all, just a small date.’ Gaia says.  I stare at his calm expression and nod. “Ok.”  He gives a big smile. “Ok. I'll pick you up and-”  “No, I’ll meet you there.” I say cutting him off.  He nods. “Ok.”  He turns on the radio and starts driving gain.   ‘Next in the agenda, making him ours!’ Gaia says excitedly. I roll my eyes and ignore her. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD