Chapter 4

1221 Words
I rose silently to my feet and headed to my bed. This was a discussion that ended before it began. It was taboo, not to be spoken of without great consequences. Tyler wasn't fully understanding that he wasn't supposed to know about this, yet I had already told him too much. Behind me on the staircase I could hear an extra set of footprints. On the landing I stopped and turned around only to be at eye level with Tyler. He just wasn't going to give up that easy, I could tell by the determined look on his face. "Tyler.... Don't." I sighed as I crossed my arms. "You are my best friend and I don't want to lose you." He came up one more step so he was taller then me by a half a head and then pulled me into his arms. "I can promise you I am not going anywhere." "Then just leave this alone. If you don't, we have to leave and this time you won't be coming with us." I moved to my bed and sat on the edge before pulling my knees up. "I've already lost Jake, I don't want to lose you too." Tyler groaned before taking a seat beside me. "See Nessie, when you say things like that it keeps me on edge and wanting more. You can't ask me to leave it alone if you are going to keep talking about it. It's like throwing bait out to a fish but telling it that it can't have it." I fell back into my bed a covered my face with my pillow. "I don't mean to. I'm just used to it being only family and now I have friends and its just so different. I literally have to hide a huge part of who I am whenever you are around. I just want to be me and I want you to like who I really am but that's never going to happen because I can never tell you the truth." I felt Tyler's hand on the pillow before he removed it from my face. "Why can't you? What makes it so dangerous and complicated?" I stared at him in disbelief. It was like he didn't hear a word I had told him in the past about the Volturi and the number one rule. Or maybe he did but he just didn't care. "I told you already. If you know too much you'll have to die." "BUT WHY!" He seemed to raise his voice slightly. Silently I pressed my hand against his cheek and played him the memory of when I was catching snowflakes in the winter time. I left out the part of me jumping several stories in height to catch one though. "What the hell was that?" He gasped as I pulled my hand back. I wrapped my arms around myself. "That's a small taste of what goes on in my world. Imagine this and then imagine how bad it can get." "Renesmee, what was that?" "It's my gift. I can show others my thoughts and I was showing you a memory from when I was just a kid." "Wow... what are you?" I rolled my eyes. "Tyler, I can't tell you." He smirked. "Come on Ness how bad can those Vultures be." I rose my hand back up to meet his cheek and then replayed the memory of my and Jane's playdate. I showed him the memory in the alley and the one back at the hotel. I did my best to show it slowly so he could see the pain I had succumbed to. "And they are the Volturi. That was Jane, she causes pain." Of course Jane was no longer a problem since my family had disposed of her but that example might relieve him of his ever-growing curiosity. "You are a mutant, like off the movie X-Men aren't you?" he asked. I felt the center of my forehead crease as I listened to him. Was he really still curious about this after what I just showed him. Any normal person should be scared out of their wits. "I just showed you a memory of me being tortured by the Volturi and you still want to know about my life, do you want that to happen to you because that's just the beginning of what they will do to you." "I-" He paused as if he was thinking hard. "I guess so." I slapped him across his face. "You are being stupid!" I snapped at him bitterly. "Why did you just hit me?" He mumbled as he clutched the spot on his face. In the next half second I on my feet, I snatched him up by his collar and lifted him several inches off the ground. "You should be afraid of me, of my life and everything I'm about. Why won't you be afraid!" As I felt the tears begin to slip from my eyes I set him to his feet to wipe them away. "Renesmee, believe me I am afraid." He murmured as he began rubbing my back. "Then why won't you leave me." My words were broken as I choked back tears. He moved to sit on the bed and then pulled me down beside him. With a shaky hand he brushed along my jaw line before touching my lip. "I don't know how to explain it but I feel like I belong here." "Oh no, please don't say you love me." I turned my back on him as I contemplated his future as a frozen being because of me. "But I do love you, only its like I would love my sister. I'd do anything for you, protect you, beat someone up for you though I'm sure you can handle that on your own." He chuckled. "I'd even die for you if it came down to that." I inhaled sharply at his words. "You are just a human, you can't keep up with me and my world. Soon enough anyways you will be gone." He took my hand into his. "I told you I'm not going anywhere." "But you will eventually die." "Everyone dies Renesmee. Death is an inevitable part of life that we all have to deal with at some point in our lives." "Except my family." There goes my mouth, I said too much once more. Maybe he didn't hear. "What do you mean?" I faked a yawn before laying down in my bed. "I'm so tired." I wiped my eyes like I did when I was just a child and pulled my blanket over myself. As if I asked him to leave Tyler rose to his feet. "Please don't leave." I said in a tiny voice. And then he was in my bed laying down beside me. He laid on his back and wrapped his arm around me before pulling me close so my head was no longer resting on the pillow but on his chest. The sound of his heart was all I heard when I closed my eyes. How long would he have this beautiful sound attached to his body. Would he remain a human and continue to grow old before he passed or would he become like my parents. Were those even options or would the Volturi kill him?
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD