Preparations for War

1207 Words
Leonard looked over his records. He had made sure that he kept track of all the werewolves. He saw that his army was stronger than ever and he had the numbers to overpower the humans. Now that his full army was injected with his serum, he had no worries. At that moment, Leonard decided it was time to call the general and give him the first warning that he and his army were coming. He knew the general would not have the time to prepare for the war that was coming soon. The city would finally be his, and he could build a bigger and better empire. Leonard bounced to his desk and picked up the phone. He dialed the general's number. "Hello general!" chimed Leonard, as the general answered the phone. "Leonard Maverick! You know you should be rotting in a prison cell right now! Have you called to turn yourself in?" asked the general gruffly. Leonard smiled and laughed. "Ha ha, general. No, but thank you for the memories, good times. That's not why I'm calling," Leonard said with a laugh, and the general sighed. "Then why did you call? I do not have time for your games, Maverick!" said the general, sternly. "I know you have stumbled upon our little community in the woods. We call it Haven. Also, general, if you haven't noticed, we have lived in peace,” said Leonard, and the general rolled his eyes. "Get to the point!" "You see, peace is a good thing, and like all good things, they have an ending,” explained Leonard. His cheery smile faded as the general laughed. "Are you laughing at me?" asked Leonard under his breath. "Your creatures are gone, Maverick. And you, well, you have turned into a pest that I would like to squash like a bug!" said the general, as he cackled, and Leonard was the one who laughed this time. "Suit yourself. Will you so kindly look at your computer screen? You will see footage of my training camp in Guatemala. As you can see, these beings are not ordinary human soldiers. They are my latest creations. Werewolves! Do you have an army strong enough and big enough to fend off hundreds of werewolves?" asked Leonard in a singsong voice. The general looked at the computer screen and dropped the receiver of the phone he was holding. "My god!" the general exclaimed as his eyes went wide, and he stared at the footage. Immediately, he knew it was time to call Anna. He had to show her and the rest of the team the footage Leonard had just sent him. The general picked up the phone off of the floor. He hung up the phone on Leonard and he dialed Allison's number. *************** Justin, Anna, Allison and Tom had just had dinner, and they were having some drinks. It was weird to them that Jasmine and Kevin were gone. Their houses felt empty without their children. Allison heard the phone ring and answered it. "Hello?" "Allison, could you please gather your team? We have a huge problem and there is something you all need to see,” said the general, and Allison looked at everyone. "Uh, we are all here,” said Allison, and she hit the button to turn on the speakerphone. "Alright, I received a call from Leonard Maverick a few moments ago, and he sent me the footage I sent to you." Allison looked at her computer screen and walked over to her desk. Anna, Justin and Tom followed. She saw the video file and clicked play. They watched as they saw young and older boys, girls, men and women training in combat. It looked like they were all at some sort of facility. Anna had a flashback of rescuing her mother and the others that were kidnapped from a facility that looked a lot like the one she saw on the footage. Suddenly, Anna noticed a very handsome young boy, and she looked closer at him. That was the boy her daughter fell head over heels for and then he vanished. It was her boyfriend, Joseph! thought Anna, sadly, as she stared at the screen. She couldn't believe her eyes. She knew that she couldn't keep this from Jasmine. Anna's heart broke for her daughter as she realized that the boy she loved was part of the enemy army. She also noticed that some people training were humanoid-looking wolves. "Werewolves!" exclaimed Anna. "Do you think building a superhuman army is unnecessary now?" asked the general. Tom, Justin and Allison looked at Anna, and she swallowed hard. "No sir, I guess not,” said Anna, defeated. "What do we do now?" asked Justin. "We continue training our soldiers. I would like it if you could all come down to the base and meet the squad leaders. They are the best of the best, with special abilities,” said the general. "Okay, we can do that,” agreed Tom. Anna and Allison were both thankful that the kids were out of town. This was their fight and had nothing to do with Jasmine and Kevin! thought Anna. They didn't need to be involved in all this. However, they didn't know that Jasmine and Kevin were already involved. Allison hung up the phone, and they all piled into Tom and Allison's SUV. They turned on the highway toward Charton and drove to the air force base. ********************** A few hours later, Anna, Justin, Tom, and Allison arrived at the base and met with the general. The general didn't waste any time, and he took them straight to meet the squad leaders. The first squad leader they met was Major James. He was tall, with a thick, muscular structure. He had dark eyes and dark hair, and Anna could see his five o'clock shadow of his beard on his face. He had speed, agility, and the ability to slow down time for a few moments. Also, he had a special weapon made just for him. James used to play hockey before he volunteered to become part of the army, and he had two hockey sticks made of steel and plated with silver strapped to his back. The ends of the sticks were sharpened into blades. He seemed to have a tough exterior. Next, they met a woman named Furia. She had long, dark hair and glittery gray eyes. She was muscular and had a medium build. Furia had the ability of enhanced speed, she fought with knives and never missed a shot. She was very quiet. Jackson was the last. He was muscular and had a shaved head. He had the ability of unlimited strength. Jackson never sugar-coated anything. He spoke his mind and was very blunt. Then, the general showed Anna, Justin, Tom and Allison the enhanced soldier army and there were hundreds of soldiers. Some soldiers were training in live combat situations, like the werewolves, and the other soldiers marched in formation across the base. "We will keep training until Leonard Maverick makes his move. I suggest you do the same,” said the general, and he walked away. Anna, Justin, Tom, and Allison all looked at each other with worried looks on their faces.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD