Chapter Two

2004 Words
CORINTHIAN I was born with a proverbial silver spoon in my mouth, yet my parents raised me to be a compassionate person. I had everything in life a woman could wish for. Loving parents in which were filthy rich, an adorable, overacting protective brother who I looked up to as my superhero. My life was like a fairytale unlike any other girls of my age. I was spoiled rotten but in a very good way. Two days from now and I'll be turning twenty. I pushed my luck to asked dad's permission to celebrate my birthday ahead of time, and luckily he agreed regardless of the questioning and some sort of reminder. I was overwhelmed most joyfully. He said that I'm at my legal age, ready to be free on my own. Last night was one of the best of the best in my life. The prim and proper Corinthian V was my press release for such a long time until I unboxed myself. I got to experience all the in-house drinks; danced like it was my last. My friends were all there, surprised by my transformation and proud of what I have become. And yeah some insecure bitches too. Well, life's a bore and senseless without them around you. Build a b***h said the song. I was inside my room busy typing a nice caption for my IG post when someone from outside knocked so loud. I rolled my eyes as I threw my phone somewhere then put my wireless earphones on. I don't know how he managed to know the crazy little thing I did. Kagabi lang naman ako naging pakawala ng ganon tapos sesermunan pa niya ako. In a split second, the door opened wide. I took a little peek and saw Kuya Lambert heading to where I am. I'm not scared of him anyway, but, of course I have massive respect for him. I could hear his heavy sigh, could feel his deathly glare though my face was covered. Ibinaba ko ng bahagya ang unan hanggang sa may bridge ng ilong ko at alanganing tumitig sa kanya bago inalis din ang earphones. "Care to tell me about this thing, young lady?" He asked in a very controlled tone. Hands were on his waist and jaws were clenched in annoyance. I slowly pulled out the pillow away from my face, flashing my sweetest smile to him. He didn't even smile back but remained serious. I saw three photos scattered on my bed. It was taken last night by Allie, the b***h who was literally f*****g up my joyful teenage life. She was a nightmare dressed like a daydream. "These are nothing serious, Kuya," I cooly said then shrugged. I got all of the photos and scrambled like those were scratch papers. When I was about to throw it in the trash bin placed on my bedside, Kuya roared so loud. My hands were gripping hard on the crumpled mattress. I felt that I was in the jungle of nowhere and cornered by a dangerous mammal. "Do you hear yourself, Corinthian? Ano bang wala lang ang mga litratong 'yun? Halos makipaghalikan ka na sa lalaking nakalingkis sa'yo!" He scowled. He crossed his arms on his broad chest, slowly shaking his head. This was the first time I saw him like this; beastly and raging mad. All my senses waken up already and I took deep breaths. He's really mad. Fudge! "No, Kuya, it is not what you think it is. Marco and I were really close friends and we did nothing aside from drinking and dancing last night. He's harmless," I answered politely. I wish I had convinced him by not thinking that I was just playing a drama. I wasn't born to be a drama princess because a beauty queen title fits more to me. I don't wanna spill to him that Marco was gay. It'll be a mortal sin if I would. Hindi pwede dahil kakalbuhin ako ng bruhang paminta. Kuya had no idea that my gorgeous-looking friend had a huge crush on him. I hardly pressed my lips together trying so hard not to chortle. "Hindi porque pinayagan ka ng daddy na mag night-out ay gagawin mo na ang mga ganitong bagay. 'Wag kang maging abusada, Ian. I'm telling you, I'm going to show this photos to dad and mom if you can't give me a valid reason for your scandalous actions!" He warned like an honorable justice. No! That can't be. I'm going to make sure it would not be my first and last clubbing. I swear it over my sexy but undefined figure. Whatever you call this shape of mine. My lips tugged downward as I stared at him. I heard his frazzled breath as he sat on the edge of my canopied bed. "I'm sorry if I yelled at you. It's just that, I got so paranoid and scared that you might end up getting pregnant at a very young age. You know how much we love you, princess," Kuya softly said. I faced him and noticed his aura was drowsy and pale. Makes me wonder if he was sick or maybe bothered with something that doesn't concern me. Guilt suddenly hit me. Kasi naman sumasabay pa ako sa stress ni Kuya sa lovelife niya at sa toxic na workload nito. "I'm sorry din po. Hindi naman ako magpapa–buntis ng basta lang, Kuya. I have to graduate, have a degree so you guys will be proud of me. And besides, I will spread my legs to my right guy and that guy will be my soon-to-be hubby," I bluntly said. Very close kami ni Kuya at kaya kong sabihin sa kanya ang mga ganitong bagay na hindi ako nakakaramdam ng pagkailang. His face crumpled for a moment then he let out a tired huff. "Dalaga ka na talaga. Ang bilis mo lumaki, ineng," he softly said pinching my cheek. They used to call me ineng back in my childhood days. I leaned closer to him then wrapped my arms on his. He smelled musky. The smell reminds of a familiar scent of a man. "It was really nothing, Kuya. We were just having some fun and I do know who captured us. Don't mind that f*****g photo," I instantly bit my lip. s**t! Me and my sexy mouth! "Watch your words. If Mom or Dad heard you saying that, probably you'll be facing the wall now," he said then chuckled. Tapos ay pinitik ng mahina ang bibig ko. I rolled my eyes. Back in our younger days, Mom and Dad set the "face the wall and never talk" punishment to both of us. It was me who gets the most score in that department. Yes, that and, maybe I was really a pesky kid since then, and I guess until now. Kuya patted my hand. I smiled at him. After sometime, he stood up, walked into my glass panel walls then shoved the hanging tasseled curtains on both sides. My eyes widen in shock! It was already pitch black outside. I had slept for so many hours. My eyes shifted on the wall clock in the upper right corner of my room and started to count. Well, a fifteen hours sleep was not bad. It was good matter–of–factly, but the ugly part was the crapulence. It kills me! "Nagulat ka ba na madilim na sa labas? Ang haba ng tulog mo baka wala ka ng itulog mamaya." Mayamaya ay sabi ni Kuya. I smiled, a demure one. "Not mad anymore?" and asked him using my eight-year-old tone of good 'ol days. He frantically shook his head. "Don't get it wrong, baby sister. For the record, I am not mad at you, I am mad about that crazy stuff you've been doing," sermon sa akin. I decided to shut my mouth. I don't want to add fuel to the fire because I know that I will get burned. He exhaled and scratched his temple. "Alright. I won't show your photos to our parents but you have to take your punishment. You need to help our workers in the farm. You would be doing it whole day tomorrow and that's an order." He said never breaking his eyes on me while wiggling his brows. Bigla akong nakaramdam ng pagkataranta. "You can't do that. My birthday is heading in two days' time. I need to keep my ducks in a row." I said, stomping my foot on the carpeted floor. He rolled the sleeves of his polo up to his elbow. "Trust me, baby sister, I can do it with no sweat," he boasted. He stood there menacingly, staring down on me. "Kuya naman e," naiiyak na reklamo ko. "Stop being immature. Baka akala mo hindi ko alam na pumuslit ka nang nakaraang araw para puntahan si Dashiel," sabi niya pero nakangisi lang naman. Bigla tuloy hindi ko alam kung masisiyahan ba ako or what? "You knew?" I silently asked. How come my secret was revealed like this? This can't be. No f*****g way! His laughter echoed in every corner of my room. "I didn't. I was just testing you and you took the bait. Look, I have nothing against him. He's a good smart guy but your kind shouldn't mix with his." I narrowed my eyes on him. "What do you mean by that? Hindi kami bagay kasi masyadong matalino si Dashiel para patulan ang average student na tulad ko?" Minsan nakakainis talaga si Kuya. Husay mang-asar. Hobby na yata niya ang bagay na yun. Tumatawa pa rin siya kaya lalo akong napikon. "What? You're blushing because of the scholar cowboy?!" He snorted with a sardonic laugh. "You were looking on the wrong way, Ian. You think about it more. Come on, get up and fix yourself. You need to eat more because guys don't like a skeleton for a girlfriend." I stood up and faced him squared. "I'm not a skeleton!" I furiously screamed. Mabilis na nakalabas na ng kwarto si Kuya bago pa siya tamaan ng mga naibato kong unan. Tumili ulit ako at inis na dumapa sa kama. Nang masiguro na maayos na ang sarili ko ay bumaba na ako diretso sa dining area. I kissed mom and dad and greeted them. We offered a short prayer before we started to eat. "What happened to your old clothes?" Dad asked, eyeing me with distaste. Maiksi kasi ang suot kong short at walang manggas ang top ko. They're not used to see me wearing this semi–showy clothes. I smiled at daddy. "Well, I bid goodbye to all of my sloppy and baggy clothes." I smiled at daddy. "Like what Taylor said, the old me can't come to the phone right now because she's dead." Mom chuckled but dad remained passive. Kuya lifted the topic about my upcoming duty on the farm. Hindi na ako makakatakas mula sa patibong ni Kuya. I know how much he loves me, and how much he loves taunting and bullying me as well. Guess what? Dad approved instantly, but mom didn't like the idea. Mother opposed. This was why I love her dearly. "Manolo, baka mapagod si Ian ng husto sa farm. Kinabukasan pa naman ay birthday celebration niya." Mom told dad. She was the one who insisted to throw a party albeit I'm not interested at all. Its just that I don't have the heart to hurt her, so I agreed. She looked at me. I shrugged then continued eating. Wala naman akong magagawa. "That's an order and it is final." Dad seriously said. Everyone kept silent for a moment before Kuya and Daddy talked about business again. I heard mom's heavy sigh while she's looking at me. I just smiled at her then shifted my eyes to Kuya. He made a sideways glance at me so, I stuck my tongue out but the bully Kuya looked at me with a smug on his face. I mentally tortured him in my head.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD