MADDOX MIRK 2

1556 Words
The sky had darkened and the lightning had already begun to carve out artistically in the dark heavy clouds that were leaving a pattern in the dark sky. No thunder can be heard but the sound created by the wind without direction is bizarre. It was like a sound of a heartbeat that no one could explain. Calib's defensive ice magic has completely enveloped the entire Castellon De Vania. Ace, Rius, Krauss, and Seven are on the lower floor of the General's Hall already feeling the coldness of Calib's magic. Calyx and Four have also shuddered in cold, they are on the Upper floor of Castellon De Vania. The two groups feel the fight will take place inside the General's Hall. "We have to stop Maddox before the fight starts." Seven's suggestion that for no apparent reason he was fidgety on his feet. He didn’t know what he should feel now. Ace thought he can stop the two powerful Hunter in Exile until they didn't release their magic power in full capacity, but if the fight heats up to the point that they can no longer control their magic, Ace doubted his ability to stop the two. So he wonders if he will stop Maddox and Sumire who are now just feeling each other inside the General's Hall. "Maddox won't like what we're going to do. And he's very different from the Maddox we all know. I don't know what's happening but it doesn't look like the outcome of this fight will be good." Rius replied, his lips started to tremble in coldness in the place. "Maybe all I can do is strengthen the whole of Castellon even more so it doesn't break down." Rius added that his black Snapdragon and black snowdrop flowers started to crawl all over the frozen Castellon. Snapdragon for stronger defense and snowdrop for warmth. Calyx was shocked when they felt Rius' magic crawl on the ice wall but they let Rius do what it did because they didn't sense any attacking intent in releasing his magic. .......... "I can't believe that this day will come when the two of us will fight." Maddox giggled but Sumire did not respond. She just stared at Maddox coldly and without emotion cruising in her eyes. ‘He’s not the Maddox I know. I always knew that there was something off about him but I didn’t know this part of him really did exist. I thought I was just imagining things. ' Sumire said in her mind. "What exactly are you?" Sumire utters in awe but Maddox just stared at her foolishly before answering her question. He even looked up his reflection at the ceiling made out of ice as if thinking what to answer. The foolish grin on his lips could not even be removed. "I don't know either, Sumire." Maddox replied and stare at him blankly. Sumire just shrug and sneered. "Boring." Sumire commented unenthusiastically and then suddenly a giant human skeleton fire appeared on her right side and the giant human skeleton water on the left side suddenly appeared. The humungous fire and water Skeleton almost reaches the General's ceiling due to its massive size looking foreboding. "Impressive." Maddox commented with a smile, instead of Sumire answering, the fire Skeleton and water Skeleton threw hammer punch at the same time towards him, which immediately block by Maddox's shadow. The intense impact of the attack almost cracks the ice wall that has covered the floor due to the strong indescribable impact. "You should warn me first." Maddox said then his face suddenly became serious. "Combine." When Maddox commands, Sumire's two elemental magic skeletons combine and become Magma. Sumire was surprised at what Maddox had done. She never thought Maddox would be able to combine her magic. What's even more surprising is that, that's not Maddox's magic power at all. What Sumire knows is that Maddox can manipulate with his brain everything around him. But Maddox did something different today. There has no explanation and she has no intention of knowing what it is. Sumire couldn't hide the shock on her face from what Maddox did, the man smirked at the reaction he saw on the girl's painted on her face. When Sumire's fire and water Skeleton turned into a magma skeleton, it was melted in great amount and flooded the entire General's Hall. It doesn’t overflow outside because of Calib’s ice defense magic. Sumire and Maddox hovered on top of magma. They seem to be on top of a sea of ​​fire. "What do you think? Want more?" Maddox asked Sumire with a mocking smile but the girl did not answer him, her face remains stoic and she was deeply enraged inside. Sumire could not accept what Maddox did to her magic abilities turn into something laughable and that was an insult to her. Sumire was about to summon her magical beast when Maddox suddenly spoke again. "Solidify." Maddox utters and then magma became solidified and turns into a crimson red crystal. The floor was crytalized. Sumire had landed into the magma crystal which was emitting smoke, she was trying to hide the shock on her face. 'What exactly is his power?' Sumire asked in her mind as she focused her eyes on the crystal floor. Sumire didn't even realize that she was already releasing a dark aura around her because of the rage she was feeling right now. "Unforgivable." Sumire whispered to herself, by then a million wind needles appeared on top of Sumire then it rushed, strike in great speed, and penetrate the magma crystal which made a clean cut the crystal floor into smithereens. The magma collapsed and Maddox found themselves again on the floor of the General's Hall. Nor the scattered shards of crimson red crystal on the ice floor. "Not bad." Maddox said and smiled amusingly, he is waiting for what Sumire will do next. "That was cool Sumire." Maddox added insanely then he flicked his finger, the first pair of eyes of Maddox's Shadow emitted black fire directly to Sumire. But Sumire immediately activated her huge Atmos Shield that had four elemental dragons inside. Sumire thought it would absorb Maddox's Shadow's attack but Sumire's shield was effortlessly penetrated by Maddox's Shadow's attack. He smiled evilly at her. Sumire would have been hit by the deadly attack when Maddox suddenly appeared in front of her and was hit by his shadow attack. He covers her with his body so the attack penetrated his back. Sumire's eyes widened and she could not speak to what Maddox had done. Maddox just stared at her with his face engraved with excruciating pain from catching his own -attack. "Why?" That word barely came out of Sumire's mouth. Maddox just stared at the girl. "Why did I do that?" Maddox also asked in surprise as his body healed again. "Your fault." Sumire said coldly then she flicked her finger and all the shards of crystal gathered around and rose from the midair and formed into 13 swords and it flew in Maddox's direction but was stopped by Maddox's Shadow. "Vanish." Suddenly the 13 swords made out of the crystalized magma disappear without a trace after Maddox's command. Maddox distance himself from her. Sumire was about to attack him again when there was a sudden strong earthquake in the place. Calib, Calyx, and Four appear immediately next to Sumire. Ace, Krauss, Rius, and Seven didn't even appear next to Maddox but they suddenly moved to Sumire's side for no apparent reason. The four of them were even shocked by what happened. "What is happening?" Sumire asked Calib. The earthquake destroys most of the ornaments in the place and does not stop and the shake getting stronger. "I don't know either but I sense that there will be a more dangerous opponent coming." Calib replied that a critical look hovered over Sumire's entirety. Calib secretly checks to see if Sumire has a wound or bruises but unexpectedly the girl doesn't even have one. This is surprising because of the strength of the power released earlier they expected that one of them would have an injury even smaller ones. Maddox looked at Sumire's side, everyone was there, including Ace, Krauss, Rius, and Seven who also had no idea why the four of them were on Sumire's side, which was clear that they were on Maddox's side earlier. "Why are you all there?" Maddox asked disappointedly the four of them. Even they didn't know how they moved to Sumire's side. Ace and the others could not answer him. They remain silent. Suddenly the quake stopped and silence prevailed inside the General's Hall. No one speaks. Both just feel for each other. "Maddox." Everyone was stunned when suddenly someone called Maddox's name. Maddox immediately looked at the open large door of the General's Hall. Maddox's eyes widened at what he saw. He couldn't believe it. The person he longed to see has finally appeared. Sumire, Calib, Calyx, Four, Ace, Seven, Krauss, and Rius also looked at the main door where the voice come from and they were also surprised to see someone from there because they couldn't determine if it was human or what. Maddox's whole body was engulfed in cold and he couldn't move from where he was standing. "Leper." To be continued ...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD