Chapter Two

745 Words
Beast Luckily I had moved from the bar as that was the first place they headed. Which told me this was all new to them. They needed the liquid courage. Although Liv seemed to need it more then her date did. If the way she gripped the extra large wine glass was anything to go by. It was strange to me , seeing her all grown up. How long had it been since I had last seen her? Years, she was barely a teen back then. After that I had filtered out of their lives, their happiness was a bitter pill to swallow when I knew I would never have my own. Not that I wasn’t happy for them all, they were my friends and had been good to Me when countless others had done nothing but shun me. Still… I let my eyes wander over the club, my club. Taking in what was happening , the smells of lust filled the air , the sounds of pleasure and pain were like music to my ears. This was the last place on Earth I had expected to see her but it was probably one of safest. We had a strict three drink policy and absolute no grabbing at women , especially women on their own. My eyes narrowed. Where was her date? Ok make two things I realised about grown up Liv. Her date was a d**k. But he was a d**k who had been replaced and quickly as well. I watched, my fist clenched at my side as the wolf sidled up to her. Not one of Roman’s or Byron’s either. Those would have known her instantly and shied away. After all one alpha was best friends with her dad and the other was mated to her aunt. If any of those had approached her it would be to act as guard they wouldn’t be pawing at her , like she was the giant shrimp at a buffet. My eyes narrowed further. What the f**k, was he thinking? I knew his face and he knew the rules. What made Liv so special that he was willing to have his membership revoked? Costing him thousands. But I knew, I had known just how special she was the moment I had smelt her. I motioned with my hand , my eyes glinting. “Sir?” I gazed at the woman, all bright red hair and leather. But her name escaped me. “The girl.” I tilted my chin up and she followed my gaze across the cavernous room. “Find the man she came in with.” She didn’t even balk at the order. “Poor lass, she didn’t want to be here and everyone could see it.” Yeah I could see that, trouble was I did want her here. As bad as that was. With her long legs and elfin face she was mesmerising to say the least. “Find him Suzie.” That was her name, I remembered it now. She was back not two minutes later. “He’s below, watching Kimberly’s show.” I rolled my eyes , of course he was. The only reason he had brought the delectable Liv was because we didn’t allow lone males unless they were members. Asshole. “Bring her to me,” I didn’t even know what I was saying , the words flowed from my mouth before I had even had a chance to think about them. “Her names Liv.” Suzies eyes went wide but she did as she was told and I watched as she made her way across the room, her shoulders set and her smile wide. But I knew the moment Liv was close, even without taking my eyes off the show on the stage in front of me. The air seemed to move, her scent engulfed me. “Sir, here she is.” I raised my eyes and I couldn’t bring myself to smile even though I wanted to. She was even more gorgeous close up. She looked so much like her mother but softer. She hadn’t had the troubles that Bethany had. Livs life had been more gentle then that and it showed. Recognition seeped into her face. Her eyes growing wide as we stared at each other. “Wyatt?”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD