Chapter Two

3209 Words
May POV   We finally arrive at school. Matt parks near the school entrance as always. Being popular has its perks, and I'm definitely not talking about me, I am not popular in any way.    Matt gets out first and the nearby girls immediately perk up when they see him. Matt, like all our werewolf male and female kind, is very attractive, of course not to me, yuk!    He is five-eleven, tall like most male wolves. He has light brown wavy hair that is long enough to tuck behind his ears. He has a bulky build but not too wide. Being a beta makes him bigger than most werewolves but nothing like an Alpha, and he has ocean blue eyes, like our mother.    Matt wasn't always like this, he got bigger in a matter of a day when he turned fifteen. We get our wolf on our fifteenth birthday. I got mine a while ago, her name is Hera. Matt is eighteen and is a senior and I'm a junior.   I get out of the car and wave bye to my brother. I look around to see if I can spot Micah or Greg, my two best friends but nope, all I see are the stupid jocks and some of their groupies.    "Uh!" I grunt, feeling annoyed.  (Just great!)  I have to walk near them to go inside. I shouldn't worry too much since Matt is with them. They never do anything when he's around, sometimes they'll say something stupid to me but Matt shuts them up. They'll probably just give me the "I hate you" glare...aaand yep, there it is. Brandon and Jason, I'm not surprised.   I just ignore them like I always try to do and keep walking.    Among them, is my brother's best friend and next to be Alpha, Colton Black. Standing at over six feet—I think—with dark brown hair, almost black, with bright green forest eyes, strong jaw, ripped fit muscles, and broad shoulders. The complete definition of delicious.   Seriously! If it wasn't because he was one of the jocks and I hated him too, I'd lick him from head to toe if he let me.   I cringe at my own thought.   He wasn't like the others. He never said anything to me out of cruelty or hate. When he was in a bad mood and I would get in his way, he would be a bit rude but most of the time, he just ignores me as if I wasn't important.    I finally manage to get to my locker. I take the book from my first class and look at it with disgust...math. "Uh!". Focusing on my hate for math I don't notice someone sneaking behind me.   Someone pokes my shoulder and I jump knowing my soul left my body at that moment.    "There's my b***h!" Micah says in a high-pitched voice.    From behind him, I hear Greg fake gasping. "Whaaat! No, she's my bitch." He says in a whiny voice.    I turn around with a fake annoyed look and attitude. "Ah...yea, no. You both know that you two are MY bitches."   They look at each other and agree. "Yep, that's true." We start laughing and I hug them.   Micah and Greg are the gayest of the gays and my two best friends, and they are also dating each other.    We met during our freshmen year when one of my pack members was being an asshole to me. Micah and Greg stood up for me, and since hurting a human is a big no-no to our kind, the guy couldn't do s**t. Now don't get me wrong, if a human is being an asshole, u have a right to defend yourself as long as you don't badly injure them.   But after that... they became my bitches.  --------------------   Colton POV   I'm walking through the school hall to get to my first period. I'm with Matt, Brandon, and Jason.   They are going on and on about last Friday night's party, which by the way I'm pissed about because I couldn't go. Dad wanted me to accompany him to an Alpha meeting out of town. I couldn't say no and it was boring as f**k. All I want to do is have some f*****g fun. Lately, I haven't been able to do much of that because of my responsibilities as the next Alpha. Needless to say, I haven't been in the best of moods lately.   Lucien, my wolf, perks up. 'There's May.' He says a little too happy.   'Why the f**k do I care!' I growl at him in my head.   Why the hell does he always notice her? I don't care. I don't give a damn about her. Is she pretty? Yea, but so are a lot of other girls, and she's a rogue...well, not really. She is technically part of the pack but her father is a rogue, so to me she is nothing, and that's how I treat her. I just don't acknowledge her.    I know I'm an asshole, when Brandon and Jason bully her, I don't do s**t to stop it. Matt, however, being her brother, kicked Jason's ass once for tripping her over. I think he is the only one who cares for her, besides her human friends and Jackson.   I walk past her and go around a corner, running into Bianca.   (Damn she's gorgeous.) I think to myself.  Long blond hair, blue icy eyes, big luscious lips, skinny... a little too skinny but still hot. Unfortunately for me, as much as I want her, Lucien will not imprint on her. This adds to another thing of why I'm in a bad mood.   "Hey, Colton." She says in a seductive voice.   "Hey, Bianca." I say with a huge grin on my face.    Looking down at her lips, I'm reminded of our last party together a few weeks ago when she had those lushes' lips wrapped around my c**k.   Lucien groans in disgust at the memory.   "You weren't at the party last Friday. I was looking for you."  She gives me a seductive look.   I want to internally kick myself. I'm pissed because I know exactly why she was looking for me and I fully know well what I missed.  "Yea I had some Alpha business out of town with my dad, so I couldn't go."   She pouts with a fake sad face. "Well maybe later, we can get together and have some fun?" She asks me.   'We are going to be late, i***t!' Lucius says. The warning bell rings.    (Dammit!)   "Yea." I say walking away. "I'll definitely give you a call." I wink at her and she giggles.   Matt and Brandon go a different way. They are seniors so they have different classes than me and Jason.   We get to the classroom just in time, most students are here already. Jason and I are the last ones.   I sit at the back with Jason.    "Brandon's been really moody and angry this whole week." He says.   "Yea, he always gets like that when it's the anniversary of his father's death. He lost his dad when he was nine, around this time." I tell him.   "Oh, yea. It was rogues, right?" He asks.   "Yea." I say   I look to the left and see May talking to one of her friends and then turn to look straight, waiting for the teacher.    ...   .....   'I like her eyes.' Lucien says in a low voice.  'Goddammit!' I growl at him. Thank the goddess no one can hear me when I talk to him in my mind.   "Are you okay dude?" Jason asks me, sensing my anger.   "Yea!" I bark out at him.   "Ok don't bite my head off." He raises both his hands.   I sigh thinking it's going to be a long-ass day. She is almost in all my classes. And Lucien doesn't f*****g stop with that kind of s**t.    She bumps into me once, ONCE! At the beginning of this semester, she looked up at me to see who it was. Her eyes met with mine and she immediately lowered her gaze and apologized. Then all of a sudden Lucien starts acting all giddy like a f*****g teenage girl.   (What the hell is that s**t!)   That was two months ago and now he's always noticing her, everywhere we go! Whenever she's there, he points her out. I couldn't be any clearer to him that I, DON'T, CARE!! But he just doesn't stop!"   I didn't notice that I was staring at her this whole time which got me a really well-deserved scolding from Mrs. Barns. I groan, again.  (This is definitely going to be a long ass day.)   -------------------   May POV   Finally! lunchtime. Thankfully today's been quiet, no rundown with any stupid jocks or cheerleaders.   The boys and I are sitting in the lunchroom at one of the least visible tables. Micah is talking to Greg about the whole morning fiasco in our first class.   When not even five minutes into the class, Mrs. Barns started to scold Colton Black. Apparently, he was staring at one of the girls and wasn't paying attention to the class. Mrs. Barns is definitely one of the teachers that I never want to piss off. She was ruthless, she went hard on Colton. I kind of wanted to laugh and I probably would have if it wasn't for the fact that he's my Alpha and I'd probably be digging my own grave.   "I am telling you, as funny as it was, I was more in shock. He was definitely staring at you. I saw him." Micah says looking at me.   "Yea, no. That's ridiculous." I say.    Micah keeps talking to Greg while I'm in my thoughts.    'But what if he was staring... what if they are planning something?' Hera says to me.    "s**t!" I say out loud.   Micah looks at me but quickly ignores me. He knows how random I am.   "I am telling you, he was. And when Mrs. Barns called him out, his whole face went red. The great Colton Black was embarrassed!" He starts laughing.    "Stooop!" I say in a whiny voice. "Someone is going to hear us." I say trying to hush him.   He looks at me lifting an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? Who in the world is going to hear us from all the way over here? We are at the back table and I'm not yelling it to the world."   (Werewolves, that's who) But of course, I don't tell him that.    If one of my pack members—even from across this huge room—decided to listen in to our conversation, they'd be able to clearly hear everything we are saying.   "Who do you think Matt's next flavor of the week will be?" I quickly ask them, trying to change the subject cause I am not about to start creating rumors, especially if it involves the Alpha.   "Ooh, ooh! I think it will be Amanda." Greg says very excitedly.   "Uh!" I cringe at the thought of my brother imprinting on her.   She is a grade-A b***h and best friends with Bianca. They are the cliché of the school with the whole super popular/mean girl thing going on. And everyone in our pack is ninety-five percent sure that Bianca is going to be the next Luna.   (Oh moon goddess, please, please, please! Don't make Amanda my sister-in-law.) I pray in my head.   I look at my brother's table, and there he is...talking...to Amanda.   "Goddess kill me now." I say out loud.   "Goddess?" Micah says looking at me with a raised eyebrow.    (Oops.) I just shrug and ignore his question.   "I like it." Micah says thinking about it.   "Anyway, are you guys ready for our horror marathon tonight?" I say squeezing my words in fast so that Micah doesn't completely figure out that I just said "horror".   "Yes, mam." They say in unison.   I giggle looking at Micah. Waiting for him to notice.   He stops and looks between me and Greg. "Wait... I thought we were going to watch some romantic comedies? He says looking horrified.    "Nope, May and I voted and it was unanimous. It's going to be a horror marathon." Greg says giving Micah a mischievous grin.    "But I didn't get to vote!" Micah yells.   "Doesn't matter, it's still two against one." Greg says.   (I am definitely not getting involved in this conversation.) All I can do is laugh.   The rest of the lunch hour goes by with Micah going off on an angry rant about me and Greg being horrible friends.    'Goddess that boy can talk.' Hera says and grunts.    I just laugh. Since lunch was almost over, we started to head to our lockers to get ready for our next period.    I'm walking down the hall talking to the boys when someone rams hard into my shoulder.   "WATCH IT b***h!!" Brandon's angry face comes into my view.   I immediately feel the menace in his voice. I look up into his eyes and they are dark. There is definitely something off with him today and I mean more than usual. He feels like a ticking time bomb.   'If we don't move quickly, this guy is going to hand it to us.' Hera says panicking.    Before I can move, Micah gets in front of me shielding me from the huge male wolf. This is when I really panic, Micah is scrawny and shorter than me. Brandon would break him like a twig.    And then to my horror, I hear Micah. "You piece of trash, who the hell do you think you are talking to her like that!"   In a split second, Brandon pushes Micah, and he goes flying, slamming into the lockers with so much force that it knocks all of Micah's air out of him. He bounces off and lands on the floor struggling to breathe. Greg runs to him. Students around us have horrified expressions and are petrified.   And all I do is see RED!   Without thinking, I lift my hand and hit Brandon square on the face with a huge slap sound echoing through the hall. Because of my supernatural strength, I hit him with such force that he almost went flying... keyword "almost".   He staggers back but immediately recovers and looks at me, and at this moment I realize how much I f****d up.    I feel the pain in the back of my head before I can register what just happened. He has me pinned at the other side of the lockers, holding me by the neck almost crushing it. The force and speed made me hit the back of my head. I know that if I was human, I would be dead right now.    I'm disoriented, and all I can see is black spots through blurry vision and I can't breathe. There is no way that I can get out of this on my own. I can't fight for s**t and even if I could, he is five times stronger than me. This is why I never pick fights when the huge pack members bully me.    Through blurry vision, I can see Brandon lifting his other arm ready to punch me. But a fist comes flying out of the side and hits him square on the face with a loud c***k sound. He lets me go and I fall to the ground grabbing my throat, finally being able to breathe again.   "YOU SON OF A b***h!!" I hear Matt yelling. "DON'T f*****g TOUCH HER!" Matt grabs Brandon by the neck and lifts him up. He throws him. Matt being a beta and having the training that he does, is much stronger than Brandon.    Brandon gets up. They rush to each other and start throwing punches. Colton and Jason run towards them and separate them. Jason pulls Matt back while Colton pins Brandon back into a wall.   Brandon fights to get free trying to get to Matt, but Colton is an Alpha and there is no way that he, or any one of us, could overpower him.   However, to all this, no one is holding me back, and without thinking I lunge towards Brandon. I'm not thinking. I'm pissed. Hera has taken over and I can't control her, hell I don't want to control her.    My fist almost connects with Brandon's face but Colton's fast reflex stopped my fist with his free hand. I quickly lift my other arm but not before Matt grabs me from behind. I still manage to land my hand on Brandon’s hair.   I pull on it.   (Like a b***h fight, dammit!!)    Matt pulls me and I'm yelling at him to let me go while I keep pulling Brandon's hair with me. I'll be damned if I let go. Brandon starts yelling for me to let him go but I don't. The only reason I am separated from him is because the hair that I was pulling came with me.    (HA!)   Matt takes me a little further back and he is talking to me but I can't make out what he's saying. I'm so angry. I hadn't noticed the tears of anger that were coming out.   "What the hell are you thinking?!" Matt yells. "He could have killed you!" There is anger and concern on his face.   "WHAT AM I THINKING!?" I start to yell without caring who hears me. "HE HURT MICAH! HOW DARE HE HURT MY FRIENDS! HE HAS NO RIGHT! I may not care or defend myself when they hurt me because I can take it. But I will NEVER! Let them hurt my friends!”  I feel my face burning out of anger. I look at my friends, Greg is helping Micah up. I look up at my brother and his face is filled with concern and has a split lip.    He sighs. "Are you hurt?" He says in a delicate voice.    I start crying "No, I'm okay." It's all I can manage to say in a low whisper, lowering my head.    He holds me in a hug. "I love you, so please don't be reckless. As much as I want to, I can't always be there to protect you." Matt says while he rubs my back. I hold him tighter and just let myself cry.   After a few minutes, Micah and I head over to the school nurse. Lying on the bed, I'm thinking of how much I love Micah and Greg and I'll be damned if I let anyone hurt them again.   I look in my hand and I start laughing.   "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Micah asks from the bed next to mine.    I lift my hand up and show him the huge patch of Brandon's hair. We both start laughing.    We end up skipping the rest of the classes, stuck in the infirmary. I don't know when I fall asleep but I wake up to Matt getting my stuff ready to go home.    He looks at me with a smile "Ready to go dumb dumb?"   I nod laughing at the stupid nickname he has for me.   The road home is quiet and I'm thinking.    (Today didn't go quite as I expected it to but, I hope that I at least, I took enough hair off of Brandon to give him a bald spot.) 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD