Chapter 8: Ahkari's P.O.V.

1715 Words
Akeehla are you awake? I reached out to my little sister through the link. Yeah why? Her reply was almost instant. Acaisia and I were attacked by an unknown creature during a mission. One of them got inside of her. I think we got it out but was wondering if you could come look her over. I told her. My little sister sighed loudly in my head. Be right there. She grumbled. Literally a second later Kee is standing by my side. "f**k!" I breathed out. "You could have knocked, or something." I scolded her. Kee just shrugged at me before turning her attention to Acaisia. I watched as our little sister looked over my twins body thoroughly. She was silent the whole time like she always was these days. It's been almost two years since Akeehla came back. She was kidnapped when she was 12. The Hunters had her for two years before our parents found her. No one knows what happened to her in that time, but it was clear something changed in her. "I don't sense anything unsual except..." Kee looked over at me. "Did she just meet her mate?" She asked me. My eyes went wide, but I recovered quickly. It was damn near impossible to keep anything from Akeehla. I nodded to her in response. Kee smiled slyly at me. "I should have known you knew." I mumbled, and Kee shrugged. Kee's glowing green eyes peered into my blue ones. "Her first mate was not who she was meant to be with." She told me. "And this mate is?" I asked. Kee looked back down at our sister, and nodded. A small smile formed on her lips. "Yeah. The connection is already made." Then her eyes met mine again. "Just like yours." She told me. I rolled my eyes. "Great." I grumbled. "Things not going well so far?" Akeehla asked. "I haven't been able to say more than one word to her." I said. "Maybe she just needs time." Kee said thoughtfully. I narrowed my eyes at her. "How do you know my mate is a she?" I asked. Kee rolled her eyes before giving me a bored look. "When are you going to learn that you can't keep things from me?" She asked. I went silent for a moment. "You never said anything." I said softly. "Neither did you." She countered. "So, you kept my secret for me." I stated. Akeehla scoffed at me. "Of course I did. I didn't ask for this power. Like I want to listen in on all of my siblings disgusting thoughts." She visibly cringed. "Acaisia and Azai are freaks, they literally never stop thinking about s*x. Relly and Tia beat themselves up constantly, or used to at least. Ares and Axton are always mad. Like seriously how do they even have that much anger. I don't even like my own twin's thoughts." She ranted. Then Akeehla took a deep breath before looking at me. "Just because I know things, doesn't mean I should. I know everyones secrets, but I'm not just going to out them all just because I can." She stated. I raised a brow at her. "You? You're not going to air out everyones secrets." I stated unbelievably. "You love chaos." I said with a laugh. Kee shrugged. "It's different when it's my family." She said. "What about the kids at school? You don't tell their secrets. Is your secret that you're really a good person?" I teased. My little sister scoffed again, but I could see the corners of her mouth tug up. "Who said I don't tell their secrets?" She gave me another sly smile. "You don't." I said a bit worried. Akeehla laughed. "Only when they piss me off. And I don't tell everyone. At first anyways. They get a warning. No one has dared go against me after they get a warning though." She stated. I shook my head, and laughed. "Keep giving them hell sis." I told her. "Oh, I plan to." She said. We sat in silence waiting for our sister to wake up. It was comfortable sitting in silence like this with Akeehla. Acaisia and I were never nice to Kee, something we greatly regretted the moment she was taken. We're sisters, and sisters fight, but that didn't stop the guilt. My twin and I tried to make a decent effort to change our relationship with our little sister. While things are different now, I don't think they're better. Akeehla is going through a lot, and Acaisia and I decided to step back, and be there for her when she needs us. After about 20 minutes I broke the silence. "How do you do it?" I asked. Kee turned to me, and scrunched up her cute face. "Do what?" She asked. "You once told me that you don't always hear thoughts. That sometimes it's different." I told her. She nodded, and averted her eyes to the floor. "I don't think I actually hear thoughts. But I do at the same time?" She said it like a question. "I see into other peoples souls. Everyone's soul speaks differently." She said simply. "That's the best way I can explain it." "Is it hard?" I asked her. Akeehla met my eyes once more. Sadness seeped into her glowing green orbs. "Yeah. It is." She answered honestly then shook her head. "Enough of that though. Tell me about your mate. I know that you worried about getting a male mate. Which I knew would never happen. You are a lesbian clearly. I've heard your thoughts." She teased. I sighed, but couldn't help the smile that crossed my face. "I really don't know. I met her, and then Acaisia died. Max gave us a short introduction. I said hi, and she practically ran away." I said with a dry laugh. "Her name is Bianca." I smiled. "She has long thick curly brown hair. So thick she would give you a run for your money." I teased. "And she has these bright blue eyes that I could just get lost in." I stared off at the wall. "Full juicy lips, and so many curves." "Okay, okay." Kee said stopping me. "That's enough. I can see her in your thoughts." She laughed. "So, you gonna go find her?" Kee asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Uh no." I gave her an incredulous look. "I told you, it didn't seem like she wanted anything to do with me." I said. "Hmm." Kee hummed. "Has Mom ever told you about her and Dad?" She asked me. I frowned. "They grew up together." I replied. "Yeah, they didn't give us the full story. I think Dad was too embarrassed to admit what he did." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, I didn't know about it until Max. It's why Dad is so hard on him." Kee sighed. "Pretty much Dad left Mom at one point. She broke into Hell like a million times to find him. Dad was a total dillhole, but Mom never gave up on him." Akeehla turned to meet my eyes. "I wonder how different things would be now if Mom had given up." She told me. I thought about what she said for a while. Maybe Kee had a point. I didn't have to be pushy I could just maybe... "Ask her on a date?" Kee offered. I frowned at her. "Stay out of my head." I grumbled. "I wish I could." She grumbled back. "She's going to wake up in a few minutes. I'm going to go get a cleansing potion. I keep a few stocked up. If I missed anything it'll tell us. I'll get one for you too." She said, and then left the room. Just like my little sister said, Acaisia woke up a few minutes later. She shot up in her bed gasping for air. Probably the worst thing about dying is gasping for that first breath of air when you come back. Acaisia looked at her surroundings before her eyes settled on me. Her body slumped as the relief hit her. "Holy shit." She breathed out. "I tried to clean you up the best I could." I told her. Acaisia stood up, and shrugged. "No biggie. I can just shower." She said. "Thank you." She told me with a smile. "For what? I chickened out." I told her. My twin rolled her eyes. "I probably would have too. Thank you for taking care of me while I was out." She told me. I smirked. "You should probably thank Bou too. He did all the heavy lifting." I told her. Acaisia raised a blonde brow at me. "Bou?" She asked. I narrowed my eyes at her. "Oh you know, your mate." I said smugly. Acaisia grumbled under her breath. "No idea what you're talking about." She said. "Right." I said. "Well, he's the super cute guy that you noticed before dying. He carried you all the way back here because Max is a d**k wad. I literally had to shove Bou out the door because he didn't want to leave you." I told her. My twin rolled her eyes. "I'll be sure to thank him." She bit out. I laughed, enjoying making my twin squirm. "Anyways, Kee checked you over, but she is bringing back a potion for us to make sure we don't have any more.... foreign objects inside us." I told her. Acaisia nodded to me, and I bid her a good night before retreating to my bedroom. I waited patiently for my twin to finish her shower. Kee dropped off two small vials with two shots of whiskey a short while later. I raised a brow at her. "They taste awful." Was the only explaination she gave me. Boy was she right. s**t tastes terrible. Once Acaisia was out of the shower I took her, her two shots, and got in the shower myself. The warm water soothed my aching body. I didn't even know I could ache. Taking my time I finished my shower almost an hour later. Deciding it was too late to seek out my mate, I reluctantly climbed into my bed. Sleep eventually took me and I dreamed about piercing blue eyes.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD