BLURB AND REVIEWS

429 Words
BLURB AND REVIEWS * 'This often comic tale sharpens the appetite for more.' PUBLISHERS WEEKLY * FRESHLY-PROMOTED COP Joe Rafferty has one ambition. To prove to his new boss that he can lead an investigation. * BUT, RIGHT FROM THE start things go wrong. To say the case of ‘The Faceless Lady’ is a challenge is putting it mildly. Not only is his main suspect for the murder a man who brings out his prejudices to the full. He can’t even rely on his family for support—as usual, they bring their own challenges for a hard-pressed detective. And he discovers the adage that trouble comes in threes is all too true. Even his new partner is a high-moral-ground kind of guy; not the best match for Rafferty. Or his ne’er-do-well family. * WITH HIS BOSS AND THE media scrutinising his every move, Rafferty is under pressure. He’s in danger of the wheels coming off his inquiry, falling flat on his face, and proving his boss right about his competence. He desperately needs a break in the case. * SO, WHEN HIS COUSIN seems to hold the key to the case, Rafferty clutches at it. But can he really believe the cousin who’s proved himself an i***t in the past? If he’s wrong, he not only lets a murderer escape justice, but he will get a black mark against his career that will follow him forever. * Editorial Reviews * 'Solid police procedure set in an isolated area but fraught with conflict. For most collections.' Library Journal on Dead Before Morning * 'The second Inspector Rafferty/Sergeant Llewellyn mystery successfully brings the English duo together again.' Publishers Weekly on Down Among the Dead Men * 'The detectives brilliantly complement and oppose each other. For those who love Sherlock Holmes-style mysteries, you'll likely adore Evans' style, humor and method of detection. A wonderful cozy, rainy-night read rich with interesting characters that all appear guilty and innocent. At every turn you'll think you know who the killer is, but the true identity and motive won't come until the end. The reveal is not far-fetched or deceptive - it was there all along and it works perfectly.' CHARLIE COURTLAND OF BITSY BLING BOOKS on Death Line * 'Great book! A wonderfully entertaining read. All the clues are there, set out honestly and fairly, yet the identity of the killer still comes as a surprise. I got one of those "of course - I should have known!" moments at the denouement. Crime writing at its best.' Writer James Gracie on The Hanging Tree * 'Evans' humor seriously added to my enjoyment of her book. The series has stand out central characters and clever plots.' AUNT AGATHA'S BOOKSHOP, ANN ARBOR * 'Did not see the end coming.' Reader Reviewer
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD