Havoc

2280 Words
Chapter Two Havoc I caught sight of my brother's blonde head, his golden close-cropped hair glinting in the sun. And I scowled. Not only because I didn’t want to see my half brother, although I didn’t, but if I was honest with myself, I had been in a foul mood since last night. I had turned my back for less than five minutes to take a call, and when I turned back, she had gone. Like she hadn’t been there to begin with. Nothing remained of her but the light, slightly floral perfume lingering in the air and her diamond ring still sat on top of the bar next to our empty glasses. Just like that, she was gone. And my d**k had started kicking up a fuss. We hadn’t been ready to let her get away just yet. And we definitely hadn’t been ok with just a few kisses. Not to mention the mocking laughter of the men behind me. That had just pissed me off even more. The moment she had pushed into the bar, I wanted her. Maybe it was because I could tell everyone else wanted her. I had always had a problem with wanting what other people had, or maybe it was the way her grey gauzy dress skimmed over her hips, floating around her and accentuating mouth-watering curves. It didn’t matter why anyway. I had wanted her, and she had walked away without a second look. ”Liam.” My brother’s voice called out sharply, his hand in the air like I was a waiter he could summon, and my scowl deepened as I weaved through the tables of the hotel bar. I didn’t need to look around to know how people’s eyes followed me. I stood out like a sore thumb which was exactly why he had chosen this place and not come into the town he was born in. Lucas was too good for us small-town people now. ”Havoc.” I said with a growl as I reached his table, flopping down without an invite. I watched as his eyes travelled to my mud-caked boots, and a sneer curled his lips. ”No one calls me Liam anymore.” “Make yourself at home, why don’t you?” “Yeah, I was going to, thanks.” Jesus, could he be any more pompous? What a complete and utter ass. I looked around, my own lip curling. “Why am I here?” The table he was at was set with three place settings. A small posy of happy looking yellow flowers sat in the middle of the white table cloth. “Could you have not left …” He waved his hand in my general direction. “...that at home and worn something more appropriate?” The cut. He was talking about my cut, like the leather offended him somehow. Hypocrite. “No.” I studied him over the table. My little half brother. The reason my father had left my mother and abandoned us stared straight back at me, his eyes unwavering. “Why are we here, Lucas?” I didn’t have the time or the inclination for his crap today. We weren’t exactly best pals. Hell, I hadn’t even known he existed until my old man’s funeral five years ago. And we had only met once in that time. That one time was all it had taken to realise we had absolutely nothing in common. “I wanted you to meet someone. I wanted to tell you face to face that I was getting married.” So he had come to gloat, which wasn’t surprising at all. He had always been good at gloating. Look at what college I got into. Look at how much money I make. Look at me. Look at me. I wasn’t bitter. I liked my life. But I was suffering from a major case of blue balls, thanks to a certain d**k tease and her mind-altering hips. Shit, I adjusted myself under the table. Just the thought of her was enough to make me hard. “Was?” My eyebrows quirked up. He had said ‘was’. “You said ‘was’?” His face shut down, like a shutter closing tight over his eyes, and I bit back a laugh. “She called it off, but it’s fine… it’s…” His face told me it wasn’t fine at all. “She will come round.” I laughed. Pulling the pack of cigarettes from my pocket, I tapped it on the table absently. And my brother’s eyes flashed. “You can’t smoke in here.” Go figure. “So what happened to make her drop your ass, little brother?” My voice was mocking, and I didn’t even try to hide it. “She didn’t drop my ass. We just had a disagreement. I made a few mistakes in our relationship, that’s all…” A few mistakes. I knew what that meant. He had been playing around and been caught out. “Looks like the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” He could pretend all he liked that he wasn’t like our father. Or at least how our father used to be but there it was. “You can talk.” I couldn’t help it. I grinned. “Only difference there, little brother, is that I’m not the settling down type, so I can never be accused of cheating. The women in my life know exactly what they are getting into. Can you say the same about the poor girl you tricked into marrying you?” Air left his lungs in a whoosh. His lips pursed. “I didn’t trick her into marrying me. She loves me…” His eyes grew wide, and I turned in my seat to see what he was staring at. Well, f**k. I watched as her footsteps faltered. Her chin tilted up as she stared at us. And even from across the room, I knew the moment she recognised me. The bottom lip that I had tasted with my tongue disappeared between her teeth. Yeah, she definitely recognised me. I gave her my best s**t-eating grin as my brother called her over with a wave. I had been hoping I would see her again because we had A LOT of unfinished business to get down to but to find her here, engaged to my douche of a brother? I remembered the way she had adamantly said ex-fiancé after my tongue had been in her mouth and my d**k jumped back to attention. There was no willowy dress today. She wore thin tan linen pants and an off the shoulder white blouse. My eyes swept down her body as she finally came to the table. The hips were still there, hips I could imagine myself grabbing as I thrust into her, biting down on that freckle dotted shoulder as I did so. “Liam, I mean Havoc.” An eye roll from my brother, but I didn’t turn to him. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. “This is my fiancé Darcie.” “Ex fiancé.” She spat it out. Her eyes were even puffier than they had been yesterday, but that could have been because of a tequila induced hangover and not from crying. She hadn’t been crying when my tongue was in her mouth after all. “Well, isn’t this just the cosiest family reunion ever.” I waited until she met my eyes. “I think we should celebrate.” Lucas narrowed his eyes, pulling out the third chair. Darcie fell into it with a sigh. “Hey, sweetheart.” I grabbed at a passing waitress’s wrist, fingers curling around her white buttoned-up sleeve. “A round of tequila for the table.” “Don’t you think it’s a little early for that?” I didn’t even turn to him. My eyes were still trained on Darcie Summers. My brother’s fiancé. And the woman had been making me hard since the moment I had first set eyes on her. “Oh, I don’t know; Darcie looks like she enjoys a tequila, or five.” Her eyes flashed, anger making her face tight as she glared at me. I grinned right back. Gotcha. *** “Have you two met?” I watched, amused as Darcie blushed scarlet. Before turning my face to my brother. My lips curled up in a sneer as I let my eyes meet his. “What makes you think that, Lucas?” It was obvious she hadn’t told him of her little adventure in town, how she had walked into a biker bar looking like every guy’s wet dream of the girl next door. Or how her body had pressed against mine for just a second as I plundered her mouth with my tongue. What had she done? Come back here after kissing me to climb into bed with my brother? Had he f****d her? “The tequila comment.” Lucas flicked his eyes to Darcie, who raised hers to meet his without flinching. Maybe she wasn’t so sweet and innocent after all. There was no sign of submission in the look she gave him. “Does it matter?” I watched as my brother’s face closed down. Anger making the skin tight. “You had been drinking last night. Were you drinking with my brother?” “Half brother.” I chuckled unhelpfully. Maybe I was an asshole, but I liked the look on my brother’s face as the realisation hit him. “I would rather people not know we are related.” “Same.” He spat it out between clenched teeth. “f**k, did you sleep with him, Darcie? What did you do? Ask around until you found out who I was related to, so you could have a quickie in some alleyway?” Hiding my grin behind my hand, I turned to her. c*****g my head to the side as her own anger bubbled up to meet his. I was enjoying this, probably a little too much. But hey, any chance I got for getting one over on my brother, I would take it. And I wasn’t above wanting to press his cute little fiancé up against an alley wall. Hell, if she hadn’t disappeared last night, that was exactly what I had planned for us. “One.” She held up a single finger. “I didn’t even know you had a brother Lucas. But then again, I know nothing about you at all, do I? Even after two years together.” She took a deep breath, and the movement made her chest rise and fall, and my eyes darted to breasts I didn’t look away, not straight away anyway. A woman with curves like that deserved to be looked at. Looked at, admired and f****d. “And two, we are broken up. Who I sleep with has absolutely nothing to do with you anymore.” I chuckled. And both of them turned to me with a frown. “You slept with my fiancé?” Lucas’s voice was rising, and more than one person was glancing at our table. Eyebrows raised. I grinned at them all. Asshole. That was me. “Not that it’s any of your business, but no. I didn’t sleep with him. He was kind enough to buy me a few drinks and talk to me because I was upset after finding out my fiancé had gotten some other girl pregnant. But we didn’t have sex.” I couldn’t help the surprised sound that left my throat. He had gotten someone else pregnant? He had obviously forgotten to mention that part. No wonder Darcie had been looking to drink away her problems. “I need a drink.” He hissed, and I laughed loudly. “I couldn’t agree more; what do you say, Darcie? Fancy having a little drink with us. What’s on the menu today? Beer or tequila? I have to admit watching you wrap your lips around a beer bottle has been one of the highlights of my week.” I winked. “One of them.” “Go to hell…” “Was there the moment you walked out sweetheart, teasing a guy like that should be illegal.” I slapped my chest. I didn’t even know why I was teasing her, maybe because I wanted one over on my brother. Maybe because I didn’t like the thought of a girl as beautiful as she was being with a man like him when she had pretty much turned me down. It didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. “You’re disgusting.” “You weren’t saying that last night, baby.” I licked my lips. And her face flamed again. Lucas’s face turned purple. “What the hell went on between the two of you?” “I…” Her chair scraped the floor as she stood up. “I don’t need to listen to this anymore.” She made a move to turn away, and my eyes feasted on the round ass like I had on her t**s just minutes ago. “Darcie, here.” I dropped the ring she had left on the bar onto the white table cloth. The ring my brother had given her. “You dropped this after you kissed me. Thought you might want it back.” “You kissed me.” Her voice was outraged, her cheeks pale. “And you loved it. I thought of that breathy little sigh last night when I was...” She didn’t let me finish. “Both of you can go to hell.”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD