Bass Westwick & Bartek Boroweic

1055 Words
Bass Westwick & Bartek Boroweic Not a second has Alak taken his eyes of me. We are touring around the Main Hall, the center flow of the Anchorage XVI; which is just one of the many international harbors on this planet. His Majesty’s ship was left at the port, the workers unloading and prepping while we walk around the building, allowing our guests to enjoy some of our organic and innovative architecture. Perhaps they can even apply some of them into their home planet. It is a thing of beauty, their spacecraft. It is honed with one of the hardest metal in the galaxy. His ship is called Titania II, the name that is especially reserved for Alak’s title. It is more than huge, with a capacity that is ten times more than the kind of load they are carrying. One might say that it is unnecessary, but this type of spaceship will surely boost any passenger's pride. Being the proud people that value stature and wealth, the Capitalians are not shy to spare large sum of money on luxury, just to boast their dignity. It is not necessarily a bad thing to want to show off one’s wealth, though with logical spending. However, the Capitalians do not really have such a strong self restrained. The rich are greedy. They only care about increasing their wealth. Corrupted officials can not always be detected and stopped. In return, the lower strata are heavily burdened with taxes way bigger than they should, their declining state of livelihood abandoned by the government for centuries, which in the end resulted in almost sixty nine percent of their citizen being starved to death. But thankfully, the recent generations are more aware of the damages that has taken a toll on their people, and are now starting to rebuild. It is still a long way to go before all the poverty issue can be fixed, especially with how deep the problems have taken roots, for so many long decades and with so many challenges coming through. It is not easy, I’ve read the reports. There are still some corrupted officials who hold high ranks within the government. It is not that simple to weed them out, especially when the governing system in Capitol favors the ones with power. But Alak is working hard. He has been ever since I knew him. He is putting as much effort as he can, pulling all the strings through his connections. Capitol’s politics are strange things indeed. In Area-1, we choose those to be the leaders according to their skills and intelligents. If one does not fit, he or she is simply replaced. But in Capitol, things are different. More complicated. Officials can not just be replaced. “Lini, are you okay there?” Cato’s voice brings my thoughts back to present. Left with nothing to do, Cato tags along with us. His presence somehow reliefs me. Even though he is probably a lethal killing machine, his cybernetic icy blue eyes gaze at me reassuringly. Mark went back to his station at Botany Department. After than incident, I can not exactly allow him to come with us. Luckily, Alak is not one that is easily offended, unlike some of his friends. “Affirmative. Why do you ask?” I glance at Cato. “You were frowning again.” “That’s probably just my thinking face,” my reply surprisingly causes a few laughters to erupt from around us. It was not my attempt to joke, but they seem to think I’m funny. Alak makes sure to keep himself on my right, with his two friends on each side of us. Cato is just behind us, following closely. The rest of the guards are tailing us. Standing at my left is Bass Westwick. Judging from the annoyed looks he keep throwing at me, it is clear to assume that I have taken his usual spot, which is to Alak’s left. Nobles and their policies. I can never understand. Although these two are rumored to be pretty close to my royal patient, this is the first time that I have ever met them. Bass Westwick and Bartek Boroweic. Bass Westwick is the sole heir to the Westwick Industries. He is one of Crown Prince Alak’s best friends and most trusted allies. They grew up and studied together. He accompanies him to any public delegations. Bartek Boroweic is an interspace famous model. Known for his androgynous look and auburn red hair, he is one of the most top paid model in the galaxy. He is so rich that his income can even rival that of Bass’. Though at this point, I must admit that I have only obtained this information from searching for it through my head screen‘s search engine. What bothers me is that Bass keeps making sure to stand so close, our hands can not help but keep bumping to each other, causing his wrist to brush against mine occasionally. I try to move out of the way, but there just does not seem to be enough space for all of us, because I will just bump into Alak or Cato instead. So instead I decide to increase my speed, leading the group towards one of the empty the Flasks. Cyber Flying Disk/ Flask An elevating public transportation that carries multiple people at the same time. Usually to a different level of a building. Can move horizontally and vertically. In the mundane world, we call it elevators (though ours can only move horizontally, unfortunately). Unlike Alak who is lively at all times, and Bass who occasionally joins in the conversation, Bartek never utters a single word. Alak must have noticed my train of thoughts, before he explains to me that Bartek is a self-mute. Unlike those who are burdened by the physical disease to be unable to speak, this guy simply chooses not to speak at all by himself. Such strange culture and fascinations. I am afraid I will never truely the Capitols — whose race allows forty thousand people to die every year, who prefer leisure and beauty over logical and intellect. It all just seem illogical to an Arean like me.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD