Evil Exists And It's Found Her

354 Words
I’d found her. The one who could break the bond between Jonathan and me once and for all. Of course, if I’d located her, Jonathan had, too. I had to hurry. I needed her to see me first. Throwing my belongings into the old, tattered rucksack that had seen better years, I anticipated freedom for the first time in centuries.  Jonathan knew there was only one person who could break the curse and restore us to our true selves. I wanted it. Jonathan? Not so much. He enjoyed playing the good guy, reeling in his victims, then destroying their souls. He was an expert at it. I couldn’t say the same about myself. One look at me and people cringed. They sensed the darkness emanating from me. But it wasn’t mine and I would never claim it. Pulling the cords of the rucksack tight, I strapped it to my back. “Leaving so soon, Flynn?” “Jonathan,” I sneered as I turned to face him. He grinned. “You can’t win you know.” He stood there, picking at imaginary dirt under his fingernails and flicking it to the floor. “She won’t save you. Like all the other stupid girls, she’ll take one look at you and see…” He smirked, motioning to my appearance. “Well, I don’t need to explain now, do I?” He was right. The dark hair, dark eyes, even the scowl on my face… It always worked against me. On the other hand, Jonathan looked like all sweetness and light. Blond hair, blue eyes, tanned skin. He was every girl’s dream. “What do you want, Jonathan?” I growled. “I thought we could travel together, seeing as we’re both going to the same place.” “Never.” Spreading my wings, I leaped from the window. “Suit yourself,” he called after me. “I’ll meet you there. Don’t take too long, though.” I heard him laugh as I took to the skies. “This is the last time, brother. I’ll make sure of it,” I mumbled under my breath.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD