4988 Words
Lucien She had a scowl on her face as I looked back at her from putting up my bike. I smiled and tried not to laugh as she then got a dreaming look on her face. I got right in front of her and smirked down as her cheeks flamed up just a bit. "The house is a bit messy; Cami woke up early this morning and she was playing in almost every room." I told her and nodded towards the garage door. I walked in front of her, pushing toys out of the way with my foot as we went, and I heard her giggle and when I looked back, she was holding a Barbie. "Daughter has some style." She said and tossed it back on the floor. "I wish she had some OCD like her friend does. I invite her friend over for playdates when I get too tired to clean the house." I told her truthfully and she let out a laugh. "I bet she has a huge toy box." Jackie laughed as we got to the living room. I tried to see the room through her eyes, and I couldn't help but wince. If I wanted her to like me, this house just ruined all my chances. "She has a couple. Some upstairs, some downstairs." I told her and moved to pick up the couch. I used my boot to open the one by the TV and dumped most of the things in my hand before going for more to pick up. "You don't have to do that." I waved her off as she started to pick things up too. "It's fine... you think I don't know how-to pick-up barbies and their accessories?" She smiled at me and I smirked before going back to the hallway. I grabbed all I could carry before going back and realizing that she was right. She knew how to pick up all these things and quicker than I could ever hope to be. "I almost forgot what the floor looked like." I laughed, and she giggled before looking around. "Upstairs is worse, but the bonus is that you will have your own bathroom. She uses mine and makes a mess out of it." I told her and moved to grab the bag she had brought with her. I got to the stairs and heard her following me slowly. I knew she was looking around again. She would see dirty dishes and more toys and Sofia plates and cups and things from Cami's breakfast all over and I never felt more emasculated in my life. I walked past Cami's room and groaned. I hadn't even looked in there this morning. Her clothes were all over the floor and her bed and I just shook my head as I closed her door. "Oh... to be young again." She laughed lightly, and I just clenched my jaw. "Like I said, she doesn't really pick up, she drops." I cleared my throat and waved her forward. "This is my room, our bathroom, and then down the hall is going to be yours." At this point I knew I wouldn't get her in my bed. I should have just taken her to the clubhouse and Cami would have had to deal with partying through the weekend. I opened the bathroom door and then the bedroom and she walked in and set her things down. "When do you think I will be able to go and get my duffle bag?" She asked as she set her purse down on the bed and I just licked my lips. "That depends on what I have to do today." "Am I delaying you? You can go. I won't take anything. I promise." I scoffed at the mention of her taking anything. "I know you won't. I just want to make sure you are comfortable baby. I work at an auto body shop. Prez owns and works in it too." "Your Prez?" I nodded at her question. "Razor... yeah. He's also Camilla's god father." "Ah, so you're like best friends. Makes you the Vice Prez huh?" She asked on a laugh and I just nodded. "Yeah, it does. I trust him with my life, and my daughters, and he trusts me with his." I told her, and she smiled a bit wider. "That is sweet." "Sweet?" I laughed at the term and I shook my head before getting in her space. She backed up after each step I took until she bumped the bed behind her. "Yeah. I wish I had a friend like that." She told me, and I just kept close to her. "When I get there, I will tell a prospect to come over. He isn't allowed in. He is to watch the house. And you are going to sit your sweet ass somewhere in this house and stay put until I get back." I ordered, and she narrowed her eyes just slightly and I waited. "Fine... but when you get back, I want to go for my things." She poked my chest and I just leaned down and took her lips in mine. She moaned lowly and I kept my smirk internal as she deepened the kiss by wrapping her arms around my neck. I took that as a good sign and swiped her lips with my tongue waiting for her to open. I pulled away when she moaned again because I knew I was already way too late. "Be good." I squeezed her waist where my hands had been, and she melted just a bit and sat on the bed as I turned to leave the room. I saw my room open and I back peddled. "And don't forget... my room is always open." "Go to work!" She shouted, and I just laughed as I went back downstairs. I pulled out my phone and dialed Razor. "Where the f**k are you?" He picked up on the second ring and I rolled my eyes. "Miss me?" I laughed, and he grumbled something about how my job could be taken. "I was getting my regular coffee and a guy with a gun walks in." "No s**t. What did you do?" He laughed, and I was kind of pissed he seemed to not care about what actually happened. "Actually brother, I tackled the guy and the owner threw a fire extinguisher on me. So, I kidnapped her and took her to my place and need a prospect to come over and watch the house." "No f*****g way." He started to laugh on the other end, and I got to my bike and opened the garage. "The asswipe actually tried to take the chick with him, and he was at her fuckin house. So, she needs protection." I told him seriously and I heard him sigh. "We have Javi and Mack at our disposal right now, which do you want?" Razor asked, and I thought it out before realizing it didn't really matter. Except that Javi had a steady girlfriend and wouldn't hit on my woman. "f*****g s**t, fine, I'll take Javier." "Good choice if you like the broad." "She's not a f*****g broad Ryan." I snapped, and he laughed hard. "You like her- wait, is this the hot barista you've been watching when you drop Cami off at school?" I heard the amusement in his voice, and I snarled and stared my bike. "Just send Javi over. I am on my way in." I ordered him for the first time in a long time before hanging up and pushing my phone deep in my pocket. I got on the bike, made sure that the garage was closed before I took off and made up for lost time. I got to the garage and looked around before seeing Razor under a car as he put on new tires. "Finally, you're here." "I had s**t to take care of. You don't just get a gun pointed at you and forget about it." I said, and he gave me a look. "We've had guns in our faces and in our hands for 15 years." He called my bullshit, but I just smirked. "Very true, but you know what... she acted like she did too." I told him, and he raised an eyebrow. "Did you finally find out her name?" He asked me with a laugh, and I nodded. "Jackie." I smirked, and he shook his head. "You're already have a thing for her deeper than a quick f**k?" He laughed again, and I just sneered. "Not anymore. Cami made a huge fuckin mess of the house this morning. She walked in and it was Barbies and dresses and her room... oh god, it was so embarrassing. She'd rather take her chances with the kidnapper than ever f**k me." I ground out and shook my head. I knew what my life was. I knew that I had to get p***y from somewhere, and usually it was when Cami had sleepovers. But I never took a chick to my place and let her see what it looked like to be a single dad. "What are you going to do?" Razor asked me, and I just looked from him to the car. "Like I said, I am going to protect her." "Yeah... Trojans are the best thing to wrap up with." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. "What? I never got a woman pregnant." "f**k off." I grumbled and shook my head. So, Camilla was an accident. But she was the best thing to ever happen to me. And Razor. He got the club going straight so I wouldn't lose custody of her. We no longer did drugs or anything illegal. We had a restaurant; three bars and a strip joint as well as the long running auto body shop. "Let's just get to work. What is next?" I worked on 10 cars, mostly just smog checks and oil changes before seeing that it was 4pm. Cami had an afterschool program that lasted until 4:30. I whistled loud and Razor pushed himself from under a car. "I'm gone. Gunna get my car and go and get Cami." I told him, and he nodded. "You coming back tonight or staying in with your new woman?" He asked seriously, not joking or teasing in his voice and I just shook my head. "Probably going to get Jackie's clothes and s**t from her place, make sure Cami is good with her staying. Make Cami clean up her mess." I told him, and he just nodded. "We still going to be on for this weekend. The brothers’ patch in BBQ and party?" He asked, and I shrugged. "Last I heard Cami might not be going to the sleepover." I hated when the mothers my daughter’s friends with got a f*****g attitude when I didn't host the 8 girl playdates and sleepovers. I am a man. I don't and can't do 8 little girls for more than an hour. "Those bitches still giving you s**t?" He asked me, and I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Why does Cami need those sleepover bitchy mom people?" "You ever want to volunteer to house 8 girls for an entire night part of the morning you are more than welcome to come over. But I know I can't do that by myself." I told him, and he made a face. "Didn't think so." "You can tell my girl that whenever she wants, she can come over and spend time with Uncle Ry." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "That might be soon if I get lucky." I told him, and he smirked. "I'll get her bed out." He told me, and I turned and headed out. I got to my bike, strapped on my helmet and went home. But I was not ready for what I came home to find. Jackie As soon as Lucien left, I put myself to work. I got the Barbies up, I cleaned the carpets, I did the dishes. I cleaned up her room and finished her laundry. I washed the windows and dusted over old pictures. I was also making sure that all the disks that had been in a pile near the DVD player were in their right boxes when I heard keys in the door. I turned and watched Lucien walk through and he paused and looked around. "What did you do?" He asked and looked around. "I cleaned. I figured if I can't leave, might as well help clean." "You didn't have to do that. I would have gotten Camille to do it when she got home. But at least she still has a mess of a room to clean." I bit my lip when he said that, and I know he watched me look away in slight guilt. "You cleaned my daughters’ room too?" "And I did her laundry, so you wouldn't have to worry about it. I folded it and put it all away." I told him, and he looked at the pictures and the carpet before he inhaled. "What did you use?" "I used the carpet freshener I found in the cabinet. I let it sit in the carpet since it smelled like whatever she eats in here." I laughed lightly and scratched the back of my head. "Anything else you did?" "I dusted the pictures and tops of the fans... and the dishes." I added, and he looked around. "I was only gone for 6 hours." He muttered, and I just gulped. "My dad is a Marine; he believes in a clean home. I can fold anything perfectly." "My cousin was in the armed forces, she died in a failed exercise. She had the same mentality." I watched him pull out the dog tags and I just felt my stomach flutter. They weren't his dog tags. "I didn't know that you would be home so soon. I wasn't done, but I had nothing else to do." I told him and fiddled with my hands before looking towards the movie rack. "What were you doing?" He asked moving closer and I turned out of the way. "There was a pile of disks, so I was just putting them away, so they didn't get all scratched and she could still watch them." I explained and gulped as he looked around. "Damn." He whispered and shook his head before looking back at me. "Thank you. I never thought you would clean. I was going to make her clean up all her toys when she got home so it wouldn't be a huge mess." He explained, again, and I just looked away. "Come on, get your shoes on." He told me, and I looked up and around. "Where are we going?" I asked, and he looked down to his helmet before going to set it on the kitchen counter. I heard keys rattling before he came around the bend again and was walking closer to me. "We're going to go and get my girl from her afterschool program, then we will shoot over to your place, grab your stuff, come back here." He told me, and I just nodded. "Let me change very quick. I promise." I shot to the room I had been given, stripped down and grabbed the jean shorts, and grey v neck I had packed before stuffing my feet into my shoes from earlier and heading back down. "You can sit in the front; she still has her car seat in the back." He told me, and I walked with him. I didn't remember seeing a car anywhere so when we had to walk out of the gate, I realized his car was the one in front. A Rubicon off road jeep sat there, higher than my knees and a solid black. It looked like a dream. "Nice car." I told him, and he smirked as he got in and I had to open the door, grab the upper handle, pull myself up, and then push myself all the way in before leaning way over for the door. Lucien was laughing the whole time. "How does your daughter get in this?" I asked slightly out of breath and he smiled now. "She likes to climb. I used to just put her in there, but she has a little thing I installed for her. It's a ladder. She just pulls herself up." He told me, and I smiled. From what I had saw from the pictures when I was cleaning them, they did a lot of fun things like that together. She had chocolate brown curls, green eyes like Lucien, and two deep dimpled cheeks. She looked tall for her age, but then I didn't get a lot of kids coming into my coffee shop. He got to driving as soon as I was strapped in. He liked to run yellow lights and didn't just let people merge into his lane without a signal. But he never once yelled or cursed people out for being stupid like my brother does when he drives. We passed my shop; I saw some people outside reading the sign and walking away and I just nibbled my lip. We stopped outside of the school and he pushed open his door and as he got closer to the gate I heard a whistle, a little girl group turned and from what I could tell, his daughter took off running to Lucien. His hands were at the ready, he hefted her up, and I had to admit I was nervous when she went flying too high, but he caught her as she came back down, and he turned, still carrying her and her huge backpack, back towards the car. I took a moment, pushing my hair around and I licked my lips before he got to the car. He unlocked the doors, she went right to the back and he stayed where he was, only taking his eyes off her climbing her weigh in with little grunts and sighs, to wink at me. "Hello. Daddy said that your name is Jackie, and that you're going to be our guest." Camille appeared beside me as Lucien shut her door and I smiled at her. She looked so happy and excited. "Yes I am. I hope you don't mind but I cleaned up most of your toys." I told her, and she giggled. "Daddy said that I am also not to make any more messes." She told me, and I smiled back. "Well what kid can't make a mess? I'm sure he just meant when we get home. He thinks it was hard to clean." I told her, and she smiled wider. Lucien got in on his side after a couple cars kept him from opening his door and I smiled. "Belt Cami." He told her as he put his own on. She disappeared from beside me and I heard her grunt one more time before I heard a click. "Daddy, can we listen to Disney?" "Sure. Which one?" I saw him pull out a CD holder and unzip it before I saw a lot of Disney music. Something deep inside shifted. This wasn't a military man who didn't love his daughter. This was a biker, a dad, a man. He had a job that gave him the same times every day. He had everything around his house and car that would give his daughter a smile. And he was hot as sin. I waited as he put the CD in, turned on his signal and Cami started to sing along happily to an old Lion King song. He pulled out, going slower, no long running yellow lights. "Where are we going?" Cami asked once we got to the street I lived on. "We are just picking up some clothes for our guest. You don't think she should wear the same thing to bed and, tomorrow do you?" He asked her with a smile as he looked at her in his mirror. "No. She would start to smell." Cami giggled, and I smiled as well. When the song changed, she started to sing along with a new tune I didn't know, and I just looked over to my house as he pulled up. "I can just run in really quick." I stopped him from turning off her music and I made quick work of getting out and rushing in. I got back to my room, threw all my work clothes and comfortable clothes in. Where would I need a dress in the next could days? I had the duffle over my shoulder and jogged back to the car. Lucien was now singing a man’s part as Cami did her impression of a princess. I laughed and got back in. Lucien's cheeks turned a shade of red and I couldn't help but wink at him this time. "Now where are we going?" Cami asked in a shout as the music changed. "Home little one. You have homework to do." He told her in a strict voice, and I knew she didn't like the sound of that when she whined out an 'okay'. "What's for dinner?" She asked, and he seemed to think. "What do you want?" He asked her back and looked at her in his mirror. "Or shall we let our guest choose?" "Jackie can pick. As long as it isn't gross." I heard her declare and I laughed lightly. "How about... pizza?" I offered, and he nodded. "We have to get it from- " "I know Cami. She likes this place in downtown. She had it on a field trip a couple weeks ago. It's now the only pizza she will eat without remarks about the sauce or crust." He let me know and I just nodded. "Sounds like this place makes awesome pizza. What is your favorite?" I asked, and he smirked. "Margarita." She cheered, and I smiled. I liked that kind too, but not with whole slices of tomato. "What about you?" She asked me, and I let her know that I liked a lot, but I did not like pineapple on my pizza. She agreed. We got back to the house since it was only 5, and she ran in and stopped dead when she looked around. "What do you say?" Lucien asked grabbing her by her shoulder and steering her around, so she was looking at me. "Thank you, it looks really nice." She ran and hugged my legs and I smiled and rubbed her back. She barely came up to my belly button, but I was sure that was normal for a 7-year-old. "Go get changed out of your school clothes and into your play clothes." He told her, and she took off and up to her room in a blur. "She doesn't have to thank me for cleaning." I told him and moved with him into the kitchen. "Yes, she does. She got off Scott-free from cleaning her own mess." He laughed lightly, and I set my duffle on the kitchen table. "I don't mind. If I am going to be here, I am going to help." I told him and crossed my arms when he pulled out a soda. "Fine... but you said you were going to take tomorrow off too... what are you going to do then? It's Friday, she has school. I have work, and you can't just up and leave without some kind of protection." "Wasn't there a guy out there today?" I asked him, and he narrowed his eyes and nodded. "Well, I can head to the store, get some dinner stuff. Make you guys a homecooked meal. You know... as my own sort of thank you." I offered out, and he seemed to want to interject something, but I took a couple steps closer to him. He looked down at me, down to my lips. While I had been cleaning, I had been tempted into going into his room, looking through everything. But I hadn't. I wanted to be shown one day. One day? Maybe. I gulped as his hand moved from his side, wound around my waist and pulled me tight against his body. I put my hand on his chest and I waited for an answer. "We'll fuckin go tonight. I trust the prospects as far as I can fuckin throw them... and it ain't as far as taking you out and keeping you safe." He told me, and I just nodded. "Good." He whispered, and I leaned up, pecking his lips and he pulled me back to his body when I turned to go and slammed his lips onto mine. I felt his hand move from my hip down to my ass and I gasped as he squeezed, and he took my mouth like a hurricane. Sweeping in, taking every pillar of morals I had about making out with him with his daughter in the house away. I gave myself to him on a silver platter and he took full control. He pulled away and gave me a quick peck before turning towards the door. "Where are you?" I winced at his shout and I licked my lips, wiped them down and fixed my shirt. "Coming." I heard a muffled shout back and I backed away to the doorway to see her standing on the last couple steps coming down from her rom as she tried to pull a sweater over her head. "I need help." I giggled lightly and moved to get the ties undone for her as she got her head through. "Thanks." She smiled wide and I moved out of her way as Lucien shouted that she better be getting her shoes back on. "Let's go little one. We need to get there before the pizza is all gone." He walked out of the kitchen and looked to me, before looking for her as she stuffed her foot in her shoes she had worn to school. "Okay." She grunted before putting them on and getting up. "Come on dad." She grabbed his hand and tugged, and he looked back at me and waved his free hand at me. "I'm coming." I told him and grabbed my wallet from my purse and caught up as he watched Cami climb into her seat. I got into my own with a hefty pull on my end and he laughed lightly before closing my door for me since it was too far away for my arms to reach. He got in on his side and as soon as he started the car the Disney music was back. I got into the music a bit when it was some of the songs I knew, and then when we pulled up to the curb outside of what I guessed was the pizza place, I opened her door and held her hand as she hopped down before she went right to the door and opened it. I felt a hand at my back as I started walking and turned to see Lucien ushering me along. I felt his hand at my lower back still as we stood in line with Cami basically jumping out of her skin. "Hello little one. I didn't think I would see you here so soon. What's it been, three days?" The man asked behind the counter. "But I love the pizza." Camilla said and started to pout, and the man just shook his head with a smile before nodding. "What can I get the lady behind you since you two always have the same thing." He looked from Lucien to Camilla to me. "I will have what they have. How about an entire pizza?" I offered and pulled out some of my cash to pay for it. "Margarita." Camilla reminded me, and I nodded and looked to the man who took my twenty and ten before ringing me up. "You didn't have to pay. I have-" "I know... but I will eat the leftovers for breakfast." I told him, and he just nodded before looking towards the man handing me my change. "Thanks." I nodded to the guy and then moved to get Camille onto a tall stool while Lucien moved to stand beside me and her. "Can I have a slice for breakfast too?" Camille asked, and I gulped before looking to Lucien. "No, that is a grown-up thing. We will head to store after we eat to get some things for the house. You can pick out what you want for breakfast tomorrow and next week." He told her quickly and I let myself relax. I nibbled my lip as they talked about her class today and I had to think about what had just happened. I had said something that was unhealthy for her to hear, even if it was just my food choices and she wanted to follow it. Am I a bad influence? I don't know the first thing about kids, let alone her age group. I had no idea what she is into besides the Disney songs I no longer knew. I had no idea what she can or can't be around. I blinked hard and looked up when I felt a hand at my back again. "You okay?" He asked and I looked around for Camille only to see her at the small pinball machine. "I didn't mean to get her to be unhealthy." "Unhealthy?" He asked and I gulped. "You know with the whole pizza for breakfast thing." I told him and rubbed my elbow and moved away from his hand as he gave me a small smile. "Don't let her fool you chickee. She tries to ask for it every time we come here with Ryan. Her godfather spoils her on weekends and lets her eat whatever she wants. You saying it in front of me just made her think she can do it without him letting her." He told me and I just gulped and looked away. "You still feeling weird." He stated and I nodded. "I don't know the first thing about kids. I know you're not supposed to curse or shout-" "Babe, her dad is in a Biker Club, you think she doesn't know what a curse word is? Her godfather is the president of the same club, you think she has never heard him, or I shout? She might not see it often, but she does see it. Don't feel bad or beat yourself up over saying a curse word or whatever you say around her. She's smart and she knows what she is and isn't supposed to do." He told me and I gulped but nodded. "I can't believe I am getting this worked up. I mean obviously I won't be around long term-" "Yes, the f**k you will be. You're mine now babe. And you aren't going anywhere."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD