Threat?

1559 Words
“I think I can defeat Balel.” Holder’s words are scary. It wasn’t filled with tones of any frightening monster, or any dangerous creature, but the way how he uttered those out of the spun words, for General Balfor, is scary. Perhaps it was because of the fact that he saw the confidence towards the smiling face of Holder. He was holding his Katana—which is Jiji—while smiling as if there are no big heavy storm that was brewing on his front. His from green to now golden-colored eyes was the only glimmering light in the whole surrounding. And it was filled with fascination and anticipation. The whole place is being covered with the dark smoke coming from Balel. That Black smoke, as what General Balfor had witnessed, was frightening. There were even other guards who says that they don’t want to fight and spar with Balel anymore. Because that smoke-power that he is using was giving them unforgettable nightmares. They were suffering from post-fighting trauma from Balel. And yet, that kid, Holder, never showed any frightened expression in his face. What he have is the hint of fascination and thrill. That kind of thrill as if he was about to go to an adventure, rather than a sure nightmare, or worse, death. Holder saw Balel started moving. Balel must have felt that he is ready to take whatever kind of blows or attacks he would give. And so, he dared to attack. Holder became aware of it. Just like the usual style Balel was using, he would either appear at Holder’s front or back. Holder had anticipated it. And then, sure enough, he appeared behind him. Holder was ready with the sword in his hand. And when he realized that Balel was at his back, he quickly moved his Katana, and then slashed his opponent. Balel was stunned with the surprising jolt of attack made by Holder. His sword was about to attack Holder, but the Sankt Vessel user was faster than him. A slanted cut across his chest has appeared. And then a stung of pain. And then blood. He quickly retreated. “Balel, are you okay?” Holder asked. He has this worried face while looking at Balel. “I am, Holder, do not worry,” Balel said. However, he tried his best to stop the shaking of his body. He was wearing an armor. That, he is aware of. But then, with just a single s***h, the cut penetrated towards his skin. Had he not moved quickly and then dodged that superior attack, he would be dead at this moment. After hearing that Balel is fine, Holder quickly moved, and then attacked him. By looking at him, he was still flustered with what had happened. That means he gave an effective counter-attack. He saw how Balel’s face suddenly shifted from wary to shock, to alerted, then prepared. In just a second passing, he quickly regained his posture, and then wield his sword, and then waited for his attack. Holder then prepared for another s***h. He is certain that he still has a sloppy way of using the sword, but he believes he is getting the hang of it. And then after a few massive and speedy steps, he reached Balel’s position, and then slashed his sword. Then, that’s when the dark smoke started to move. The hands that was about to s***h Balel, suddenly stopped. He was restricted by the dark smoke that was in his surrounding. It grabbed his hand, it stopped its slashing motion. It tied his running feet. It hugged towards his chest, and then tightened. “Wh—What is this?” he asked to Balel. He was just in his front, standing, waiting for something to happen. “You are inside my domain, Holder. You should have not come towards me without having any shield on body and spirit,” Balel answered. “What do you mean shield?” “Majicule manipulation, Holder. The only thing that you were able to do was to wield the majic dusts towards your eyes. And then that’s that. You haven’t used it to strengthen the defense of yourself. You had just used your ability for the sake of buffing your eyesight. That’s just it. That is why you are trapped by my dark smokes.” “What would happen to me if I did not remove this smokes?” Holder asked. “You will die. But of course, before that happens, I would release you from the smoke. Perhaps, what would happen to you is to have a drained energy. And you would need to sleep a whole day to regain that lost energy.” “That wouldn’t happen.” Holder moved his body and tried to get rid of the smoke that was hugging him. “That won’t be effective, Holder. A majic attack can only be defeated by a majic attack. That is why you need to use your majicules to escape from my domain. But that wouldn’t be possible. Once you are trapped with the smoke, you won’t be able to escape. It is slowly draining your power and your energy. And then in an instant, you will be just—” Balel found no words to continue what he was saying. “What the hell,” he said, too unlinked to the thought that he was saying earlier. Holder’s body was shining in gold. “What the hell is that, Holder?” again, asked by Balel. But he was sure Holder hadn’t heard what he said. His voice was so weak as he spoke those curious and confused questions. Holder’s body was surrounded with golden light. And then, it suddenly turned as a golden armor. His katana, which is composed of Jiji became bright and blinding. Balel did his best to strengthen his black smoke. He was confident to use the power of this domain for he had been training and mastering this for more than a year already. And there were no soldier whom he had fought had escaped that domain. Everyone, they were defeated, no matter what power they would show. But for the case of Holder, he felt something unusual. He felt unbearable weight down on his shoulder as he look at the bright golden light from him—as if his power would not last towards his power. And so, it happened. The black smoke were eradicated from Holder’s body. It evaporated as if it was just a water that is being exposed with too much heat. Holder played with his Katana, and then smiled at Balel. He was still wearing the golden, sun-like armor in his body, and that added to a more frightening look he was showing. Balel never even imagined that he would be frightened by a man who was smiling and wearing a bright armor. It wasn’t even a frightening look, but he felt scared. Holder slashed his sword upwards. A pillar of light erupted from the ground. It made the whole arena shaking. And then, it sucked the black smoke. Until gone. Until nothing left, but the sun and the clear blue sky. And Balel’s shocked and disbelieving face. Holder saw how his combatting opponent fell towards the ground, with knees supporting his fall. “B-Balel!” he quickly unsummon the golden armor he from his majic dusts. Jiji turned back being a slime. And then they ran towards him. Holder quickly shook Balel’s face. “Balel, what happened to you?” His stare was blank, and wondering in vain. “The training’s over, Holder.” He looked at the General who spoke. “But… Balel.” “Do not worry about it, Holder. I can help him. It’s just that… you were not aware that when you summoned the golden pillar, and decided to suck the black smoke, you accidentally pulled Balel’s awareness too.” “Awareness?” “The sense of being in reality. Perhaps, his mind was inside the dimension you and him had created.” “Dimension?” General sighed. He was exhausted from explaining. But he had no choice. “When the both of you fight, one of you had to make a domain. Balel had done the domain.” “That black smoke.” “Indeed. He was still stuck at that place.” Holder looked at Balel, concerned. “Don’t worry, Holder. I can bring him back. Now go, rest for today.” Holder shifted his gaze towards the ground. “Please take care of him, General,” he said. “I will.” Then, as he stood, and left Balel’s custody to his father, something alerting happened in the surrounding. An alarm. A loud, long blow of a frightening horn. It rang through the whole arena, to the palace, to the city. With wide eyes, General Balfor said; “Quick, Holder! Go towards the head quarters of the Sankt Vessel Users! They need you!” “Wh—What is happening, General?” he asked. “I don’t know. But that horn… I am sure it was an alarm. That a huge threat was found outside the wall,” the General said with extreme pressure. “And the guards outside is needing our help.” Without anymore questions, Holder quickly ran, towards their head quarters. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD