Chapter 5

1750 Words
Jannelliza pov: Nasa itaas ako ngayon ng empire at naka-tingin sa kinasasakupan nito, I took a deep breath before I pull out a piece of picture in my hand. I smiled bitterly while looking at the picture of our family, we're all smiling on this shot while Ivan is hugging me. "Dad has a good plan about our family, why did you decided to take us away mom?" I asked in the picture and stupidly waiting for an answer from a picture. Sinarado ko naman ang kamao kasabay ng pag yupi ng isang bakal sa gilid ko, pinalutang ko naman ito bago ko ito tila tunawin at ginawang matulis na parang mga sibat at binato sa gilid. I'm mad about everything, and I mad at myself for dreaming about Ivan's dead body every night while he asked me why did I let them escaped. I took a deep breath before calming myself and opening the door when all of the sudden Dr. Anderson opened it, mukang nagulat naman ito nang makita ako. "General. Jannelliza, anong ginagawa mo rito sa taas?" tanong nito sa'kin. "Namamahinga lamang Dr. Anderson," sagot ko rito bago umiwas ng tingin. He took a glance on my side before asking a question again. "So you're taking a break by piercing the empire building with metals? Such a weird way to calm yourself." "ohh sorry about that, I'm just feeling a little frustrated right now." I honestly said while a little smile on my face. "Then let's talk about it Gen. Jannelliza, your father might be busy at the moment but I could listen to you and give you some advice since I was a father before." Dr. Anderson said with a soft tone but I can see some strange emotions in his eyes that I couldn't recognize. Ngumiti naman ako dito at inaya ito sa isang upuan, tumingin naman ako ngayon sa maliwanag na lugar ng empire na napakaganda at perpekto. "So tell me Gen. Jannelliza about your frustration, it's much better to release your problem that keeping it to yourself till you explode because you can't contain it anymore." Dr. Anderson said. "I just feel so frustrated about what happened to our family, if Mom just listen to Dad we wouldn't be separated after the accident. If Mom just let me and my brother train our ability then maybe our family won't be like this, we won't be having a problem on knowing where they are or are they still alive." I responded before brushing my hair. "Maybe because your mother can't accept what your father did to the both of you? Maybe she has her own reason because she's the one who gave birth to you and your brother" Dr. Anderson responded. "She didn't listen to Dad's explanation, Dad told me that the doctor gave us time before we finally say goodbye but Dad don't want us to die so he did the experiment to save us." I responded with a firm tone. Tatayo sana ako pero bigla akong bakaramdam ng pagtulo ng dugo sa ilong ko, mukang nagulat naman sj Dr. Anderson pero mabilis nitong nilabas ang isang puting panyo at inabot sa'kin. I suddenly realized that it's the date when I need to inject the medicine on my body, that medicine is the only thing I need to keep myself strong while my ability is slowly expanding and growing. "What's happening?" Dr. Anderson asked. I just smiled at him before removing the handkerchief on my nose. "This happen every month Dr. Anderson, after the experiment I always need a medication for it to keep myself strong. I just need to go to Dad's office and inject myself with the medicine that I need, I'll go ahead Dr. Anderson." I said before walking away. Pag dating ko sa office ni Dad ay nakita ko agad itong nakatingin sa family portrait namin, I know that Dad is still hoping that Mom would be back. I took a deep breath before knocking at his glass door, I can see that Dad just cry but when he look at me he just gave me a warm smile. "Anak, bakit ka naparito?" tanong nito. "I just need my monthly medication Dad." I said while trying to give him a small smile. Dad quickly open a safe that has a cold temperature to keep my medication safe, I put it inside a syringe gun and ejected it on my legs. I slowly feel the medicine working all over my body, I smiled after putting down the syringe gun on the table. "Thanks Dad," I said with a smile. Tumango naman ito bago maupo sa office chair n'ya. "Feeling better now?" He asked. I just looked at him before speaking. "How about you Dad? Are you better now? Do you feel happy about everything?" I asked while preventing my voice from cracking. I can see that he suddenly paused because of my question but I wanna get an answer from him, I wanna know what he feels about what happened to our family. "I'm not Jannelliza, I know that your Mom is against the experiment but I still do it to save you and your brother. I don't want to lose you both so I did the experiment without your Mom's consent, I just didn't expect that she'll try to take you out from the lab." He said while looking at his ring that Mom put on his finger during their wedding. "I'm sorry Dad, if I just opened my mind on the situation before I wouldn't try to break the collar of Ivan. If I just know your reason we wouldn't be separated with them, and I won't be dreaming about seeing Ivan slowly dying because he doesn't have a medicine that we both need." I said then a tear suddenly fall from my right eye. Dad quickly stood up and hugged me as tight as he could. "Never blame yourself Jannelliza, it's Daddy's fault. If I just found a medication or procedure back when you were a kid this won't happened, if daddy wasn't stupid then you can still play and bond with your bother." Dad said while brushing my hair. After I few minutes I finally calmdown and smiled at him. "Someday they'll be understood my reason behind all of this Jannelliza, keep smiling because you're my source of strength and hope that they are still alive and waiting for my explanation." Dad said while he holding one of my hand. "I just can't take it anymore Dad, I feel guilty for everything that happened on our family. I keep on having nightmares of Ivan dying everyday because he doesn't get the medication that he need to stay alive, I wanna see my little brother so bad specially Mom." I said while looking at our hands. Dad is about to say something when we heard a knock on the door, I open the door and saw Kris Ann smiling. "Gen. Jannelliza, you need to see this." She said. Tumingin naman ako kay Dad bago ngumiti. "I'll go now Dad." I said before kissing his cheek. He smiled before nodding at us, Kris Ann lead the way until we reach the office of Dra. Ylreveb. "What is it?" I asked while giving her a serious stare. She just rolled her eyes on me and entered the office of Dra. Ylreveb, their I saw Morrigan scanning on something on his hand and his computer. "Hey we're here!" Kris Ann shouted and smile like an idiot. Muka namang nataranta si Morrigan pero mabilis nitong inayos ang sarili, pansin ko naman ang bahagyang pamumula ng muka nito matapos akong tignan pero ngumiti lamang ito. "Nakita ko na ang problema sa brain of the Empire," ngiting saad ni Morrigan habang nakatingin ito sa'kin. "What is it?" I asked because he caught my attention. Tinaas naman nito ang isang pulang chip at pinakita sa'min, ngumiti ito bago maglakad papalapit sa kinatatayuan namin ni Kriss Ann. "This chip is the cause of the brain of the empire damage." "Then what are we waiting for? Kriss Ann put it on your eyes," I quickly said. "That's the problem Gen. Jannelliza, since the Empire's brain needs to be restart to read every information again but it'll take only for 1 day." He explained. "Then Kris Ann and I will check it tomorrow, I need to go now." I said before I walked out of Dra. Ylreveb office. Kris Ann just smiled before following me. "Isn't he handsome General?" Kris Ann asked. "I don't really care." I said while walking. "Morrigan is a scientist under my mom, he graduated with flying colors and he's also considered as one of the hottest scientists of the year." She said with a smile while we are walking. "Shut up Kris Ann." I said before I ignored her. We suddenly saw Lia and Joan walking towards our direction and they quickly gave me a malicious looks. "So how's the lover boy?" Joan asked. "Who?" I asked without any clue. "We called Morrigan a lover boy after showing some gesture that he likes you." Lia answered. "All of you will have a punishment." I said with a blank expression. Sasagot pa sana si Joan pero biglang tumakbo si Kris Ann, tumingin naman ako sa kanila at sumenyas na sundan ito. Ako naman ay naglakad pabalik ng arena pero bigla kong nabunggo ang isang babae, mabilis ko naman itong tinulungan pulutin ang mga gamit nito na nalaglag sa bag. "I'm really sorry." She said. "No, it's my fault Madam." I responded. She just smiled at me after picking her pressed powder. "Are you a new scientist here? I mean it's the first time I saw you here in the empire." I asked while defending my question. "No, I'm Laura Anderson, wife of Dr. Ralph Anderson. Pumunta lang ako rito para dalin ang gamit na pinapadala n'ya sa opisina n'ya," sagot nito habang naka-ngiti. "Kung ganon ay maiwan ko na kayo at kailangan ko pang gawin ang trabaho ko," ngiting sagot ko. "Salamat sa tulong," bawi nito bago maglakad papalayo. Pag dating ko sa Arena ay nakita ko agad sila na ginagawa ang ilang trabaho nila kaya naman dumiretso ako sa opisina ko at umupo sa upuan. "I'll make sure that you'll be back to us Mom and Ivan, I'll make sure that you both will understand the reason of Dad." I said before letting myself to fall asleep just for a little while.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD