More to know, But in small steps.

843 Words
A week had past since my birthday and I decided to press mum further on the werewolf bombshell.   I found mum in the lounge room, she looked deep in thought, a sad expression on her face, her eyes silver lined.   “Hey Mum, Good morning.” My voice is soft as I address her, I seemed to have interrupted a deep thought as she startles as my voice.   “Oh.. Good morning Ivy, Sorry I was thinking of another time..” She quickly wiped her eyes, the evidence evaporating. “It's ok mum take a minute, I was just hoping to ask you more about being a werewolf.” I wasn’t ready to press more about Brody, mum had since seemed to seize up talking about him. “Oh course, I meant to bring it up, I’ve just been a bit lost in work,” Mum replies, She works as a accountant and lately she’d been bringing work home, to earn a little extra money. I nod “Well now I know I am one, I’d like to learn more.” I press. “Of course, well firstly being a werewolf before 18 is much the same as a human, with the exception when you turn 16 you are suppose to shift but since I hadn’t informed you how to unlock your potential, you most likely unknowingly suppressed your inner wolf.” She looks uncomfortable, before she continues.       “If I’d been more concerned for your future instead of my own feelings, I would of sent you to live with a pack over the summers to learn all this, but I was afraid of your father finding you.” She stops for a second, frowning, probably thinking about all I’ve missed out on learning, and the catching up I now have ahead of me.   “Its ok mum, you’re telling me now, and It was probably for the best you held off. Remember how moody I was when I was 16? I’ve had another 2 years to mature and I’m a lot more open minded.” I smile trying to reassure her, she seems to relax a bit again.   “Well that could be true, at least you won’t be behind in combat with all your MMA lessons, I knew you were my daughter taking those up at 6 rather then ballet,” Mum winks but I can tell that my MMA training, generally reassures her.   “But starting tonight, you need to unlock your inner wolf, you are going to need their guidance and the ability to shift, if you’re going to go in search of your father, especially for your own protection trespassing on another packs land.” Mum face is sombre and serious, I feel like my life’s about to get much more complicated.   “Also now that you have turned 18, you can start looking for you Mate.” Mum voice shakes a bit, I raise an eyebrow, what’s a Mate?   “My Mate? What’s that like a boyfriend?” I question. “Every wolf has a Mate, their soul mate.” Mum smiles sadly, because of Brody, she never had the confidence to go looking for hers for fear of rejection.. of me. “How do I know when I find them?” I ask. “I’m not sure completely as I never found mine, but I hear your wolf will recognise them for you and you’ll feel drawn to them.” Mum looks tired, I decide that’s enough for now.  I’m about to stop her, when she puts up a hand sensing my decision. “I know you want to know more about you father, But I’m not sure its for me to tell, my view might be a bit too one sided, but for now I can tell you the best way to get in touch with your inner wolf.”  She continues. I nod, she was right I wanted to know more about her relationship with Brody, but also I could understand she might feel if she told me, I wouldn’t be able to come to my own conclusions. “First you need to find a quiet place, your own space, maybe your bedroom, sit in a comfy position, sometimes I light a scented candle, take some deep breaths, centering yourself, when you feel calm, close you eyes and wait, when your mind and heart are silent, your wolf should be able to guide you to them.” Mum smiles, I have court her doing just this sometimes late at night, maybe even she needs guidance some times. “Thanks mum, I’ll give it a try, hopefully I’ll be able to contact my inner wolf.” I reply, mum smiles. “Remember to be respectful and ask their name when you can, once you have it thinking whilst quietening your mind, will help for next time, its make the process a lot easier.” “Ok I’ll let you know when I’ve succeeded,” I reply feeling excited to have something to work towards a way to get stronger. “Ok but don’t be discouraged if it takes you a few goes, you might be sitting a few hours or even a few hours everyday for weeks before you make a connection.” Mum warns. “Ok I promise I won’t expect an immediate result, But I am going to go try now,” I wave leaving the room, perks of school holidays, I’ve got the whole day.                            
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD