A Waring and a Promise.

1467 Words
It had been a 2 weeks since my talk with mum, I was feeling stuck, mum had given me all the advice she could offer and I still couldn’t contact my wolf. Mum had said I should have been able to from 16, although I suspected truth to mums theory I’d unconsciously suppress the ability. More likely then not, I’d suppressed it along with my denial of the truth behind my dreams, their ability to show me the past and future.   I’d had been mediating for at least 3 hours, when I finally decided to packed it in for the night, grabbing my pyjamas, I head for the bathroom for a bath, hopefully it would relieved some the stress I was feeling.   I poured the some bath salts in the water, as well as the vanilla scented bath oil, I drank in the smell, leaning down I tested the water it was perfect. I stepped in the bath, lowering myself into the awaiting water, the caramel and vanilla soap in hand, I began to scrub todays grime from my skin.   This what I needed to end the day, and the end of everyday since I’d asked mum for more information, a sense of stress release, after another failed attempt at contacting my wolf. After washing my hair, I slide down, until only my head is above the water, I tried to concentrated on my breathing, the smell of vanilla and caramel filling each breath. Before I could stop myself, I felt my eye lids closing, the warmth of the bath's embrace, I felt myself being pulled into a deep sleep.     My eyes snapped open, and suddenly I’m no longer in the bath. I blink trying to make out my surroundings, I’m in a dark pine forest, the smell fills my nose, I can feel pine needles and moss underfoot, or is it paw? I look down, yes I can clearly make out I’m standing on 4 paws, I’m a wolf in this dream. I hear light footfalls, my instincts kick in and I scan the trees, ears forward I listen, the forest is so silent no bird life just an eerie stillness. Then I can see silhouette of someone making their way towards me, its another wolf, it’s coat is pure black, its eyes glowing blue and gold mirror mine.  I don’t feel threated by its presence and I wait for it to make the first move.   “Finally you’ve come to see me Ivy, you’ve stopped running from this part of yourself it seems.” The wolf remarks; its expression calm. “Yes it seems I have, though I’d not known of you consciously before last week, you must be my inner wolf.” I smile which feel awkward as a wolf. “I suppose there is some truth to your words, though my dreams and knowledge still reached you in your most vulnerable state.” She counters, clearly not accepting I was not mostly to blame. “You sent me those dreams? Even the one including my parents?” I’m shocked, suddenly feeling sick. “Yes, although I only sent dreams as you needed to see them, and held off as long as  I could, where you parents are concerned, I felt you mother would never tell if I didn’t push you to ask, and that would only lead to your mother being in danger and leaving you being left unprepared.” She explained, her voice stern but bored.   “So now that we have met, will it be easier for my to contact you?” I asked, I’m feeling a little hurt, but trying to understand her reasoning. “Yes it should be easier each time, though we have a long road ahead.” She answers. I suddenly realise that neither of us talking out loud, that we are speaking telepathically into each other mind, the wolf must be able to hear my thoughts for she answers them. “Yes we are speaking telepathically, its called a mind-link, all werewolves can communicate this way to a degree, usually only with their Alpha, Pack, Inner wolf and Mate.” A chilling display of teeth, erupts on her face. “But we are an exception Ivy.”   I take a step back, what sort of exception I think. “You were born of 2 powerful bloodlines, thanks to this, we have powers many wolves could only imagine,” She continues “One of them being you can talk to or intercept any werewolves mind-link conversation, as long as they are within a certain distance or you’ve met them before, sort of like a tapping into a phone line.”   My mind is racing. Two powerful bloodlines, Mum and Brody’s? “Ok, am I the only one whom can do this?” I ask, not sure if I want the answer.   “No Ivy, Your father can too, his family bloodline runs very pure, as does your mothers, but there are few more families with these gifts.” The wolf finishes. I take a few deep calming breaths, centering myself. I’m feeling dizzy with excitement and fear for what lays ahead of me. I meet the wolves eyes again, collecting myself. “What is your name?” I asked respectfully as I can.   “I am Agni, I’m your inner wolf, I’ll be her to continue to guide and teach to the best of my ability.” She looks at me thoughtfully, seeing through my bravado and into my quaking heart.   “Thank you Agni, I’m sorry I’ve suppressed your ability to meet me before today, but thank you for the dreams, the good the bad and the ugly, they were with my best interests at heart.” I smile, hopefully she knows I mean every word. She nods, bowing her head then she moves to turn back the way she came. “I believe that enough for one day, gone home before you freeze to death in your bath,” She winks to best a wolf could,. The forest starts darkening, Agni’s form bleeds into the darkness as she walks away, blurring till I can’t distinguish her from the forest around her.   Then I’m back but instead of looking into darkness my eyes are burning, the fluorescent light above me flicker in response as it blinds me. Coming to, Agni was right the water was ice cold, and the smells of the oils and soaps have faded, I almost slip leaping from the icy water. I grab a towel off the warmer, wrapping it around myself, drinking in the heat and the fluffy feeling.   I open the door, heading back to my bedroom; the carpet feels soft under my frozen feet. As I enter my room, I see my bedside clock reads 12.30am, no wonder the water was cold! She’d be in the water over 4 hours. The towel had lost its heat, so I finished drying myself then toss it in the laundry basket beside my door, quickly wiggling into my undies and pyjamas. I jumped into bed, the phone was still sitting on my bedside table, where I had left it, it chimed with a reminder, I must have got a text. Reaching across to tired to lift myself up I fumbled for it, closing my finger around it I brought it to my face.  ‘2 New Messages’ Read across my illuminated screen, I unlocked my phone clicking on my messages icon. This first was from mum it read; “Hadn’t heard you get out of the bath yet, I didn’t want to interrupt your relaxation but was heading to bed, so I’ll will see you in the morning, just know I love you and goodnight. Mum xx’ I smile, as I send a ‘Love you too Mum, xx’ in reply. I click back to my other msg, the second text comes up with unknown number. Frowning I click, wracking my brain to whom it might be. Then I freeze, reading and re-reading it.   “Dearest Ivy, I apologise for the belated message, but your number was harder to track down then I’d anticipated. Hope you had a wonderful 18th birthday last week. I regret I could not attend myself, I also hope your mother bestowed my gift to you in my place, hope to be seeing you soon, your 2 years start  today. Goodluck,! All my love Daddy. Xx”   I feel like I’m going to throw up, he has my number, and he hasn’t forgotten a thing he said to mum. I know he sent me this msg as a warning, to concrete that he intends to keep to his word, the clock is ticking, 2 years can go by very quickly. Either I find him or he finds us.    
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD