CHAPTER # 1- {it started with a bang}

1865 Words
I was in such a good mood. And my face was a tad sore from constantly smiling. I couldn't help it. I was getting ready for Warped Tour, I was so extremely excited. And to top it off, it was my birthday. Which meant.... I was 18! I could buy my own cigarettes!.... I know, such an accomplishment right? The thing was, my mom knew that I smoked and although she wasn't ok with it, she didn't nag me about it. She just refused to support my habit. So it was always a struggle to get them. The one person we hung with, Ace was 19. I asked him only when I had to because he had a crush on me. I tried to play it off the best I could but every time I would ask him to get me cigs he would get so excited and talk forever when he dropped them off... I didn't want to encourage him crushing on me although I did want to be his friend... It was difficult. Anyway, totally off topic I know. Back to right now. I was getting dressed and ready to go. Ellie, my best friend, her boyfriend Emmett, Ace of course who was driving... his best friend Jake and Jakes girlfriend Lindsey, were on there way to pick me up. Ace had a huge pickup truck. The seating wasn't very convenient but I'd fight Jake for shotgun. I didn't even care if he was sitting in it when they got here. I threw on my light white crocheted and flowy tunic and wrapped a thick brown belt around my midsection to match the brown fedora I had put on to protect the top of my head from getting sunburnt. I had very sensitive skin. I just wore a normal pair of Jean shorts with some rips and tears here and there. And then my white vans. By the way, never wear flip flops to any concert. Especially warped tour. I learned that the hard way during my very first warped tour ever! Someone had trampled me and stomped on my foot, breaking my big toe. I had been in a good mood since waking up. An almost nostalgic feeling had hit me as soon as I looked through the window and noticed the sun rising. I had been on a sort of emotional high ever since my graduation ceremony. To me, it signified huge change. I immediately felt different. Free in a sense. One of the biggest things, even though I was still living with my mother and living by her house rules, I had no curfew anymore. When I went out with friends in the past, it was always 11. She would even wait up for me in the living room. "IIIIISSSAAAABBBEEEELLLAAAAA!!!" Ellie yelled from downstairs and then and I could hear the commotion around her. They were here!!! I touched up my lip gloss and then threw it into my bag, grabbing it and then jetting out of my room. I was so ready for this! I flew down the stairs where Ellie grabbed me into her arms, squeezing me tightly. "Happy birthday woman!!!" I squeezed her back. "Thank you!!" She let go and I smiled at her and everyone else. "You guys ready to get this party started!?" Everyone said yes simultaneously. After saying by to my mom we all headed out. Jake didn't even fight me for shotgun, because he knew how much Ace had a thing for me. I wasn't trying to take advantage of the situation I just didn't want to be crammed in with 4 people. Besides jakes girlfriend was in the back I'm sure he wouldn't mind being crammed in there with her. We spent our time driving to the venue, blasting music and jamming together, while consuming monsters, red bulls and smoking cigarettes. We were all so hyped we could barely stay still in our seats. Parking was already overcrowded like it usually was, so we had to park pretty far away from the entrance. The gates had only officially opened about an hour ago, so we weren't that far behind. I could hear bands playing and I was antsy to get inside. "Like oh my God! I can't wait to see Andy! I'm dying! I'm totally dying I can't stand it!" Ellie squealed into Emmetts ear and he rolled his eyes. I felt kinda bad for him considering he was her boyfriend and she was fangirling over a boy in a band right in front of him. But I was guessing he was used to it by now. She had been obsessed with Andy Biersack, the front man of Black Veil Brides for years. Way long before her and Emmett started dating. "Yes, yes Ellie you will get to see him." I stated casually. I didn't really want to go to the BVB set, I wasn't that into their music, but I had a feeling she would drag me along. And as if she had read my mind she looked over at me and grinned. "And you're coming with me Bell." I rolled my eyes, nodding and then she chuckled. As soon as we got in, we almost immediately wanted to go in separate directions. That I was afraid of. Unlike me, not being picky about what I liked, everyone else in our little group was very specific in which bands they wanted to see and what tents they wanted to go to, to buy Merch. Of course Ellie drug Emmett along to look for the BVB tent and Lindsey and Jake wanted to go a separate way just to look around. I was thankful when Jake insisted Ace come with the two of them I could feel it in the vibes that Ace was giving off that he wanted to follow me around. I knew Jake had read the dread in my face and that's why he got Ace to come with them. "As soon as I see what time BVB is going on, I'll call you ok? Emmett and I will catch up with you in a little bit." Ellie gave me a hug and then we all went our separate ways. I was perfectly ok with walking around alone for a little bit. I was on a mission. To discover some new music and to check out every tent possible. Even the ones not associated with bands. I had so much fun walking around just looking at things. I always felt so at home here. I loved Ellie to death but sometimes she would slow me down. She usually only focused on a band or two and would obsess. Like with Andy and BVB. It was pretty intense. The first stage I ended up at was a smaller stage and a band called tonight alive was performing. The lead singer announced that they were here all the way from Australia. They were amazing. I loved when the lead singer was female. There weren't that many that I had found that were really good. Immediately after they finished I stopped at their tent and purchased their newest cd and a shirt. The singer, Jenna, was even sitting manning the table and I got to talk to her for a few minutes and get her signature on my cd and shirt. I loved getting to interact with the members of bands. They were usually all so nice and outgoing and you could tell how much they loved talking to their fans. The tonight alive set was short and after hitting up their tent, I decided to grab a snack. I hated spending money on food and drinks at warped because they were always so expensive but being on my feet for so long required me to have fuel. We usually always stayed until closing time around 8 at night. Sometimes it would go longer, when bands would stretch their sets. There was a vendor serving snow cones so I stopped there first. I got a cotton candy one and a bottle of water. As I started to turn taking a bite of my snow cone, my entire face and snow cone smashed into someone's chest, hard. My nose instantly began to throb and I threw my hand up to hold it. My eyes were clenched shut from the radiating pain and I felt hands come down gently onto my shoulders. Warm breath caressed my face. "Oh my God, are you ok sweetheart?" My eyes popped open at the familiar voice. I only knew it from the tons of youtube videos Ellie had made me watch. And I slowly looked up at the familiar face and into those intimidating blue eyes...intensely watching my face. Fucking. Andy. Biersack. Get the f**k out. My heart immediately started to race. I had to take a deep breath to collect my thoughts and answer him. "I don't know... " I answered honestly. He kneeled in front of me, shocking me even more and gently pushed on my shoulders bringing me to my knees too. I glanced around me at the increasing stares around us. And then his hands landed on either side of my face and he gently forced me to face him again. My eyes widened and he leaned in closer. "I'm not going to be able to look at your nose properly if your looking around at everyone else." I swallowed hard, trying my best to hold back the panic that I could feel building in my chest. His presence was overwhelming my entire being. I could feel my cheeks burning hot. If that wasn't enough he had his warm sweaty hands on my face and he was leaning in closer, studying my nose very intently. He took one of his hands off of my face and then gently ran a finger up and down the brim of my nose. I winced a little but kept still. "I don't think it's broken. Just bruised. Do you want me to take you to the medic?" I shook my head rapidly, standing suddenly and pulling away. I could tell he wasn't expecting it, his brows suddenly frowning and then he hesitantly stood too. His height towered above me, making me more nervous. I backed up just a little bit again. I watched his head bend slightly as he watched my feet move. So precisely, almost predatory like. And then he looked back at my face. "N-no no, I'm perfectly ok. It's just a little bump, the pain will subside. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention, I was consumed in my cone..." My eyes glanced at the wet spot on his white t shirt. "And I'm sorry about that...." He grinned at me. "Its ok. Don't worry about it. Would you like me to buy you another one?" I shook my head rapidly once again and shook my hands at him. "No no that's ok. I better get going... My friend is looking for me. I don't want her to worry. Thanks anyways!" I smiled, waved and quickly walked past him trying to get away as fast as I possibly could, my heart beating wildly in my chest."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD