Chapter 2 - It's an Elora Wu!

1780 Words
The evening had finally come at long last, and poor Dante had been kept very busy on his phone non-stop for what felt like the entirety of the day. He was of course finalising preparations and ensuring that the security for the event was fail proof. For tonight was the night that he would gift his beautiful Alexa her special birthday surprise. And what a surprise it was! Not only that, but Alexa had also been spoiled with several gifts which had surprisingly been delivered to the penthouse for her. They were gifts for Dante. Right now, Dante had yet another surprise for her as he led her through a series of doorways towards where it sat waiting for her. His large hand cupped her eyes, preventing her from seeing anything ahead, so she was truly relying on him to guide her along safely. But that wasn’t a worry for her. She trusted him completely. As they came into the master bedroom, Dante walked her across the floor until they had finally reached their intended destination. Stopping her on the spot with his powerful, yet gentle arm wrapped around her waist, the Mafia Don stood right behind his woman, still with his large, inked hand covering her eyes. “Can I look yet?” Alexa queried with a smile. “You’re kinda killing me here, with all the suspense…” Dante frowned, smirking as he countered her comment. “I certainly hope not.” She giggled at his sense of humour, right as she felt his hot breath fanning across her right ear. He must have been leaning down over her shoulder to speak directly into her ear now. “You ready?” he mused with a smile. “Just show me already!” she commanded impatiently, bouncing up and down in excitement with a large smile spread wide across her face. With that, Dante retracted his hand from her eyes, allowing her to open them and adjust her sights to see what was in front of them now. Blinking several times to adjust to the lighting, Alexa’s vision focused in on what she saw hanging from the railing before her. Within the fraction of a second her chocolate brown eyes widened with excitement, as did her mouth, gaping with disbelief. It was an incredible cocktail dress unlike anything she had ever seen before in her life. “On my god, Dante!” she cursed under her breath as she slowly made her way towards it, one slow, cautious step at a time. “Is this... for me?” “No, I thought I’d wear it…” he joked from behind her with a grin. As he spoke, his left brow lifted at her asking him such a question. “The shade would really match my eyes, don’t you think?” Alexa turned around and playfully slapped his arm, her smile massive in size. “Oh, stop it…” Dante let out a deep chuckle as she then turned back around and walked over to where the dress hung from a portable railing on wheels. She reached out her hands, allowing her fingers to skim along the surface of the golden sequin-covered cocktail dress. It was a sexy V neck spaghetti strap dress, quite short in length and covered entirely in glittering golden sequins. Her eyes practically sparkled with desire as she allowed her gaze to roam over it for a moment in silence. Pulling out the tag, her eyes widened with disbelief as she read the name of this particular dress’ designer. ‘Elora Wu’ “Holy s**t!” Alexa practically shouted her remark, covering her mouth with both her hands. She turned around to meet Dante’s gaze as she spoke in shock. “This dress is an Elora Wu design! Are you f*****g kidding me right now?” Dante nodded his head once. “That's correct.” Her expression showed her utter bewilderment at his casual reply just now. “Dante, do you even know who Elora Wu is?” she asked with both her brows lifted high on her forehead to further emphasise the point she was trying to make here. “Yes, actually I met her two weeks ago.” he admitted casually. “I liked what I saw of her work, so I hired her to make this dress for you.” Alexa stood there, her mouth wide open as a dumbfounded expression remained, painted across her face. “You do know that Elora Wu is one of the most famously sought-after designers in the entire world, right?” Alexa spoke slowly. “I mean, her dresses are famously known for being specially made unique one-of-a-kind designs! She’s a designer to the stars… royalty even!” “Like I said, I liked her work.” he admitted, tucking his hands into his pants pockets. Suddenly, a thought crossed Alexa’s mind and she seemed concerned as she asked him her next question. “Wait, Dante, how much did this cost?” “Bella, you know price is never an issue.” he brushed the idea aside as if it were nothing, causing Alexa to suddenly feel rather faint. Turning back to face the dress, Alexa was suddenly afraid to even go near it, let alone touch or wear it! It had to be worth more than she could earn in a single year, maybe even ten years… To her, spending this much money on a single dress was crazy. “This is…” she paused, shaking her head slowly from side to side in astonishment. “It’s gorgeous…” “I beg to differ…” Dante interjected, moving in to stand right behind her once more. Alexa could smell the enticing scent of his masculine cologne surrounding her, right as his arm wrapped around her midsection once more, pulling her in against his sculpted chest while he nuzzled into the gap between her shoulder and neck. “While I’ll admit, the dress is indeed quite nice…” he paused, speaking the next part into her ear softly. “You, bella, are gorgeous.” And with that, his comment had washed away the majority of her concerns about the insanely expensive dress hanging before her in seconds. Alexa's smile only widened as she closed her eyes and allowed herself to fall back into his supportive hold, warm and safe, where she knew that she belonged. Her heart almost melted as he rested his large open hands over her stomach, where his future son was nestled away safely. “And you, Mr. Romano… are far too much.” she whispered back to him, knowing full well what calling him that would do to the Don. And of course, just as she knew he would, Dante growled lowly into her ear, moving his hands down the curved hourglass shape of her body towards her upper thigh. “You test me, amore mio.” he growled deeply, sending goosebumps across her skin. “Mmmm…” she moaned with a smirk. “Maybe I want to test you.” He chuckled once again at her playful mood, but they would have time for that kind of thing later on tonight. He surprised Alexa as his hold on her suddenly released, instead he turned her body around so that she was facing him as he spoke in a now serious tone. “Nice try, but I’m afraid that kind of thing will have to wait.” he admitted. “For now, anyway.” She frowned, baffled as to why he would turn down s*x all of a sudden. This wasn’t like him at all! “What do you mean?” she queried innocently. “Is something wrong?” “No, no. Everything’s fine.” he assured her, taking her hand in his. “But I’m afraid that you’re about to become very busy, for…” He paused, lifting his right arm up to view his expensive golden Rolex watch; one of many that he owned. “…oh, at least the next hour or so.” Her frown only deepened, as did her confusion. Dante was being purposefully vague about whatever he was talking about. Nothing he said made any sense. “What are you up to?” she challenged; her eyes narrowed now but the smirk still evident at both corners of her delectable mouth. “We need to make sure you look the part for this evening’s… surprise.” he answered, making sure not to give anything away too soon. “Surprise? Oooh, now I’m intrigued!” she cooed eagerly. “Are we going out somewhere? To dinner perhaps?” Just as he parted his lips to respond to her, a figure appeared at the already open doorway, drawing both of their attention towards him. It was Nicola and he looked to Dante as he spoke. “Capo, sono arrivati.” (Boss, they’ve arrived.) He reported to his Don in Italian, so that Alexa couldn’t understand what it was that they had planned for her. “Eccellente, mostrali qui.” (Excellent. Show them here.) Dante replied happily. But unbeknownst to them, Alexa could understand everything that the two said in their conversation, and she listened intently. “E Willow?” (What about Willow?) Dante queried. “Ha detto che sarebbe arrivata tra una ventina di minuti. Anche Roberto sta seguendo da quello che ho capito.” (Said she’d be here in about twenty minutes. Roberto is also following from what I understand.) Nicola explained. “Bene. Io e lui possiamo bere qualcosa prima della celebrazione mentre aspettiamo...” (Good. He and I can have a drink before the celebration while we wait…) Dante spoke with a grin. “Dovresti unirti a noi, amico mio. Stasera sarà grande!” (You should join us, my friend. Tonight will be great!) “Certo capo.” (Sure boss.) Nicola nodded his head with a chuckle before turning and leaving to show their guests up to the master bedroom, as instructed. Alexa, taking in everything she had just heard between the two of them, turned to face the Don as he suddenly appeared to be unable to meet her eyes. “So? What was all that about?” she asked. But Dante was already a step ahead of her and he made his way towards the door leading out of the master bedroom; the same one that Nicola had just exited through only moments earlier. “Dante?” she called out after him. But as he strolled through the open doorway, he called out over his shoulder to her, further adding to her confusion. “Don’t worry bella, you’ll see soon enough…”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD