Chapter 3 - I Feel Like Cinderella

2247 Words
Once Dante had left Alexa to get ready for the incredible evening that he had planned for her, the Don made his way through the penthouse towards his large office to have himself some pre-event drinks. He needed something to calm his nervousness. His hands were beginning to tremble with the anticipation of what he would have to do in front of so many people tonight. Dante Romano was going to propose to the love of his life, Alexa. It wasn’t like the Reaper to get jittery, but to him, this event was extremely important. Everything had to go exactly as he had planned for the evening to be a success. He wanted Alexa to remember this very special moment for the rest of their lives together. As he sat on the sofa with a fresh glass of scotch on the rocks, Dante was suddenly pulled from his thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice speaking to him from the doorway. “You look terrified.” Turning his head to meet with the eyes of his brother, Roberto, Dante smiled, lowering his head with guilt. “I can’t seem to shake the feeling.” Dante admitted softly. Roberto smiled at his brother’s words and the meaning they carried along with them. “You really do love her, don’t you…” Roberto’s comment didn’t come out as a question, instead more of an observation as he stepped inside the office and came to sit on the sofa opposite Dante. “I’ve never felt this way before, Roberto.” Dante admitted, bearing his very heart and soul to his brother for a small and unique window of time. “Not about anyone… I can’t think straight without her.” “I’m happy for you, bro. Really.” Roberto admitted. Dante took this moment to smile before he lifted his drink up to meet his lips and took a swig of it’s deliciousness, swallowing it down his tattooed throat. “Where’s Willow?” Dante queried. “Didn’t she come with you?” “Yeah, she’s here… somewhere. She headed up to find Alexa as soon as we arrived.” Roberto admitted. Dante’s dazzling emerald green eyes fixated on Roberto’s stylishly handsome black suit and both his brows lifted as he spoke. “Nice suit.” Roberto grinned proudly. “Yeah, it is…” he announced. “So… where’s yours?” Dante chuckled. “I suppose I’d better go and get ready too, huh?” the Don suggested, placing his glass down and standing himself up. “I’d suggest at least a shower and some cologne if you want her to say yes.” Roberto teased as Dante turned and headed for the door. Hearing his brother’s taunting comment, Dante lifted his hand and flipped his brother the bird playfully over his shoulder, right before he disappeared through the open doorway and out of sight. - After being shown the dress and her strangely vague discussion with Dante, Alexa had decided to go and have herself a nice, warm shower before she got herself ready for whatever it was that he planned on surprising her with. Drying herself off and wrapping a fluffy, soft white robe around her body, Alexa stepped out of the ensuite, back into the bedroom to find several women in there with her! He gasped, seemingly startled by their appearance as they all looked up and smiled politely at her. Alexa, confused and already cautious, looked between the four women she could see right now, taking a step backwards from them as she spoke. “Who are you and why are you here?” She spoke in a mixture of confusion and fear as the strange and yet well-dressed women appeared to continue setting things up on counters, desks and across the large surface of the mattress. “You must be Alexa.” One of the women suddenly spoke, her heavily British accent immediately showed as she smiled and strolled over in her six-inch heels to where Alexa stood dumbfounded. “It’s so exciting to meet you… I’m Elora.” she announced with a smile, extending her hand for a handshake. Alexa’s eyes flicked down towards her manicured hand before she slowly reached out her own hand to shake. “It’s… nice to meet you…” Alexa spoke, as if in a trance, still highly cautious right now. “I’m sorry, why are you all here?” “He really didn’t tell you a thing, did he?” one of the other ladies, an incredibly tall brunette spoke now, placing her hands onto her hips, a frown on her face as she looked straight at Alexa. “Tell me what?” Alexa questioned. The brunette let out an obviously irritated sigh, lowering her head and closing her eyes as she shook her head from side to side. “You poor thing…” Elora chimed in again with a concerned pout on her ruby red lips. “You must be so confused right now.” “What woman wouldn’t be confused when strange women turn up in her room while she showered?” A shorter woman with ridiculously long straight black hair called out her question as she continued setting up her incredibly massive supply of what appeared to be make up. Feeling completely lost with her current situation, Alexa narrowed her eyes as she spoke to all four of the women with her in the room. “Alright, someone tell me what’s going on here, please?” Elora, now standing closest to Alexa reached out her hand, taking Alexa’s in it as she led her newest client across the room towards the massive mattress nearby. Sitting Alexa down onto its cushiony surface, she began to explain, to reassure and allow all of this to make sense at long last. “First of all, we’re sorry for bursting in on you like this. I’m sure we gave you quite a shock.” Elora explained, furrowing her brows inwards. “My name’s Elora…” she gestured to herself by placing her hand onto her chest. “I was hired by Mr. Romano to design your dress, dear.” Alexa’s chocolate brown eyes widened until they were the size of saucers upon hearing what this woman had just confessed. “You’re… y…you’re…” Alexa suddenly found it difficult to formulate words as shock took her over. “Elora Wu, yes.” Elora nodded with a smile. “Oh my god… you’re really her!” Alexa appeared star stuck meeting such an incredibly famous designer face to face like this. With a giggle, Elora then went on to introduce the others in the room with her as well. “This lovely lady setting up make up over here is Rachel. From what I understand she’s got a rather stunning look for you that’ll go along well with the dress’ design.” Rachel gave Alexa a kind smile as she continued setting up. “Don’t worry dear, I’ve been doing make up for celebrities for over fifteen years.” Rachel assured her confidently. “You’re gonna look amazing when I’m through with you!” Elora went on, acknowledging the other two women who were setting up an entire countertop full of hair products, hair appliances and other items busily. “And then of course we have Olivia and her sister Courtney. Olivia here owns an incredibly famous chain of hairdressing salons across the US. ‘Mix It Up’… maybe you’ve heard of it?” “No… way!” Alexa announced excitedly. “This is… this is crazy! Why are you all here though?” “I thought that would be obvious, dear.” Elora countered, lifting her brow and grinning. “We’re here this evening, just for you.” “For me?” Alexa couldn’t believe it. “I don’t understand…” “It seems that whatever Mr. Romano has planned for you tonight, he needs you to look your very best…” Rachel admitted. “And it’s our job to make that happen.” “Yes, and we’re quickly running out of time.” Elora announced, eyeing the clock by the bed. “Come on ladies... let’s get started, shall we?” - Not long after the team of stylists started working on Alexa’s look for the evening, Willow arrived at the master bedroom and was allowed entry by the guard standing by the doorway. “Hey birthday girl, sorry it took me so long to get here… Roberto couldn’t decide on a…” Willow suddenly stopped in shock as she noticed the team of women working on her best friend at that very moment. “Whoa… what did I just walk in on?” “Hey Willow, get in here!” Alexa called her friend over with a wave of her hand and a brilliant smile. “Ladies, I want you to meet my best friend, Willow.” Willow came over to where they were all set up around Alexa, seated in the middle of them. All four women turned and smiled at Willow as they continued working. “Hi Willow, I’m Elora.” Elora introduced herself with a warm smile and a friendly handshake. Willow smiled in return as she took in Elora’s features. Something seemed very familiar about them as she studied her for a moment in silence. And then it hit; realisation of just who this woman was! “Holy f*****g s**t!” The red head cursed aloud, suddenly finding it rather hard to breathe. “You’re Elora Wu! Fashion designer to the stars!” Elora smiled nodding her head. “That’s me.” “Lex, did you know-” Willow went to question her bestie, but Alexa quickly cut her off. “-Already had my freak out about it...” Alexa admitted in embarrassment. “Made a total fool of myself too.” “Oh, come now.” Elora disagreed with a frown. And what the designer admitted aloud to them both next had Alexa and Willow incredibly baffled in disbelief. “What would you say if I told you that I myself was nervous about meeting you, Miss Myers, for the first time this evening?” she queried, pointing to Alexa with a nodded gesture of her head. Alexa’s brows both lifted in question. “Me? Why?” she asked. “Why else? You’re only dating the most eligible and wealthiest bachelor in the entire country! Not to mention the fact that Mr. Romano himself is known to keep his private life a secret from the public’s eye.” Elora admitted. “When I received the phone call from him over two weeks ago, and that he wanted me to create a jaw-dropping dress for his new girlfriend, I was gobsmacked! I knew it had to be an incredible design, unlike anything I’d ever done before.” Elora sounded rather excited about getting this opportunity as she went on while Rachel applied make up and Olivia worked on Alexa’s long golden locks. “Being associated with someone as powerful and influential as Dante Romano, it’s an instant spotlight on anyone’s career, dear.” “I just can’t believe all of this is happening right now…” Alexa admitted. “I feel like Cinderella.” Willow laughed as she made her way across to grab herself a drink from the bar fridge area. “Anyone want a drink?” Willow called out to them. “I’ll have one.” Elora replied with a smile as she turned to Alexa. “What do you say, Alexa dear? A glass of bubbly to start your celebration off?” “No, not for me, I can’t drink.” Alexa admitted, shaking her head with a smile. “Why on earth not?” Rachel enquired, as she worked carefully on Alexa’s brows. “This is your night, after all.” “Yeah, she means she can’t drink because she’s knocked up.” Willow blurted her comment out quite casually, causing all four women to suddenly stop what they were doing and turn to look at Willow in question. “Willow!” Alexa called out to her friend. As soon as the red head had made her announcement, she closed her eyes and lowered her head in guilt, wishing she could reverse time and take it back. “Oh s**t… I’m sorry Lex.” she admitted, biting her lip nervously. “I shouldn’t have said anything.” But Elora was quick to cut in with a smile. “It’s fine dear. Don’t worry, we didn’t hear a thing.” Alexa smiled, although deep down she felt very nervous right now. They were supposed to be keeping the whole pregnancy thing a secret, at least until they had figured out who was behind the attempted drugging of Willow back at the restaurant. And now all four of these women knew that Alexa was carrying Dante Romano’s child. All Alexa could do it sit back and hope that this wouldn’t come back to bite her in the ass much later on. The more people that knew the truth, the more danger she and her unborn child were now in. Choosing to try and instead focus on the fun-filled evening that her man had prepared for her, Alexa brushed the thought aside from her mind and the women continued chatting away as they worked on preparing Alexa for her birthday. It would certainly be one that she would never forget...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD