1327 Words
"Her liver wasn't the only thing we just had to replace with the donor." I was pulled away from reading as I started to drift off in the huge library. I was returning to the real world. "What else did you have to replace?" That was Devin's worried voice and I lifted my eyes slightly to see my sisters and their mates just behind them, and then a white collared doctor just in front of them waving her hands out. "Part of her lower intestine was, not decaying, but it was shriveling up right before my eyes. I had to cut it out, and it instantly stopped, and then I added more from the donor’s organ. She'll have two catheters in until she is fully healed, and she must remain on bed rest of the next 2 weeks. We'll keep an eye on the rest of her organs as well." The white coat doctor walked out, and the door sounded as if it was an airhorn. I looked towards my sisters and brother in laws as they focused back on me. "Hey, you're awake." Aurora said soothingly and walked towards me and I nodded. "I guess you've been awake for a while." She said, and I nodded again and moved my hand from its wrap, which was obviously Devin's doing. She used to do the same thing to me when I would fall asleep around the house. I pressed the raise button and was a little irritated at how slow it raised me. "What's been going on?" I asked noticing that they were all changed and cleaned. "We got to use your bath and shower while you were in the OR, and the pack donated some clothes for us." Devin said and came closer and touched my forehead and smiled at me. "You were in there so long." She whispered, and I saw the sheen in her eyes and grabbed her hand. "I got to read something in my dream. I know how to help you give birth to the bun in your oven." I said seriously, and she gave me wide eyes. "Get the doctor, she's having delusions." "I am not. While I was under I woke up in this huge library. I walked to a small table and picked up a card with my name on it. It was from the ones that came before me. They knew my name and said that I was the witch of wisdom and needed to know everything about anything." I said and looked between my sisters who both shared a look. "Doc!" They shouted, and Mark winced before rubbing Devin's baby bump. "What's wrong?" He asked walking in and they both just rattled off how I was delusional and was thinking my dreams were real. "It might just be a coping mechanism. Don't worry too much about it. It's like a little kid who dreams of monsters coming to get him. This is just more pleasant." He said, and I ground my teeth. "I am awake, I am not delusional, and you know what... I want a new doctor. I am a human being and should be treated as such!" I shouted demands and glared at the man. He turned almost all white when he saw the look in my eyes. "Calm down baby sis, he was just explain-" "Like I wasn't even in the room. I don't know where he learned his manners but talking as if I was still asleep, or stupid, and comparing me to a child with nightmares is morally wrong and not the kind of doctor I want." I stated and glared at everyone in the room. "Give us a minute guys." Aurora said narrowing her eyes at me, but she was not being mean about it, it was more like she was trying to figure me out. Mark, Dean, and the dumb doctor walked out, and the air horn of a door closed tightly again. "You're serious." A asked and I nodded. "You can't believe her. She read a book while she was under-" "And I can talk to dead people and you can make people follow your every command." Aurora cut off Devin and I sighed realizing A was finally on my side. "But ho-" "Witch of wisdom... she won't just get ideas and make it all happen." Aurora stated, and I leaned back and sighed in relief. "What's going on." I said when they shared one more look. "A huge library? Really?" Aurora asked, and I smiled and they both squished me on the bed and I told them the whole story, the fireplace and couch and chair... everything. "Everything okay in here?" I heard Dean's worried voice as he stuck his head in. "Yeah, come on in." I said, and Mark followed right behind Dean before they veered off at the end of my bed. "I have a new doctor coming in to look over your files and talk with you." Mark said, and I felt slightly bad he went and did that. I would rather just do it myself. "Thank you, babe." Devin said and kissed his cheek before smiling wider after a silent moment of their eye contact. I looked over to ask Aurora to hand me the water, but she was whispering something in Dean's ear which made his face turn from a hard stone to a happy man in no time. "You guys should go somewhere to rest." I said noticing how it was dark outside. "What time is it anyways?" "It’s just around 10pm." Dean said and shook it off. "You guys should get some rest." I said and turned towards the door when it opened. "Hi, this is Ms. Ames' room correct?" She asked looking right at me and I nodded. "I'm Ophelia Michaels, and I'm sort of the receptionist here, a Mr. Hall is asking for Mark." She said, and I looked to him and he smiled. "That would be your new doctor." "How did he get here so fast?" I asked, and he laughed. "I called him 3 hours ago, while you guys first started talking." He said, and I felt my eyes go wide. "Three hours?" I asked and looked towards my sisters who all seemed to look away. "Should I send Dr. Hall in?" "Yes, please Ophelia." Mark said and rubbed Devin’s side. "You should sit down; your ankles are swelling." "I'm fine." She said and patted his hand before moving closer to me. "And you are going to be fine." "Hello in here, I am going to guess the one I am needed for is the one in bed." An older man asked walking in with a doctor’s bag. "Yes, I am Ivory Ames." I said as he came closer. "And you must be the pregnant mate I heard worry about." He said after shaking my hand. He looked down to Devin's baby bump and smiled. "Worry?" She asked and then looked towards Mark who cleared his throat. "Swollen ankles aren't anything I can't handle." She told him, and I almost laughed. "My mate would say the same thing on each of her pregnancies." He told her and laughed lightly. "Now, Ms. Ivory, how about you let me examine you, take a few X-Rays, and blood tests." He offered, and I nodded. He was a cute old man, late 50's or early 60's I'd say. Excellent health, but then again, he is a wolf. He did as he said and told us the blood will come back in the morning, and that he was going to go look at my x-rays right away. But I fell asleep before he could come back. I went right back to reading though, in the dream world that was slowly becoming more and more exciting with each book I read that night while I was asleep. There were also on babies and werewolf pups.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD