1660 Words
"Morning, we have your breakfast." I heard Ophelia and opened my eyes slowly as she wheeled a tray over to my bed. I guess the wolf hospitals have bad food; it didn't even look appetizing. "Your sister, I think it was Aurora called just a few minutes ago, saying that they were on their way and they wanted to make sure you were awake. I told them that we were going to have to wake you up and make you eat. So, they are almost here." She said in the same chipper way and I just nodded and sat up some feeling pangs of pain but the meds they had me on was keeping most of it at bay. "Thank you." I smiled at her and moved some of my IV tubes away and got to eating the heated-up grits. "Are you really the witch of wisdom? I heard your sisters talking about it when they left last night." She said leaning forward and sitting on my bed. "Yeah, I am." "Do you know anything about infertility?" Her chipper attitude was gone, and a scared expression flew over her face and I set my fork down. "I'm sorry, you're eating, and you’re in the hospital, just focus on getting better. I will lead your sisters and brother in laws in when they get here." She said quickly standing up, flashing a smile and basically running out of the room. I sat there and leaned back before eating the rest of the horrible instant grits and thought back to the first time I had them. I was at a summer camp in Baton Rouge, my first morning after a long night without my sisters. This kid had come up, told me that if I could survive the first night away from my parents and sisters that I could survive anything. Then we shared a large bowl of homemade grits. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I refocused on the now and smiled at Devin as she came to stand on the left side of my bed. The opposite of yesterday. "Better. The meds are working just fine. Has anyone heard from Dr. Hill?" I asked, and Mark shook his head and looked at us. "He said he would look over the tests before coming to see us or making any contact, so he should be here after 9. That is when he said the test results would be in." He told me more clearly and I nodded and pushed the plate away from where it was still positioned near my head. "Is that butter?" Devin asked reaching for it and I laughed as she poked it and then brought it to her mouth. "That is disgusting." A said and basically gagged before turning away. "It actually is really good." Devin said with a small apologetic look on her face. I laughed and snuggled back into my cold pillow and blankets hoping to warm them up for my hands. I always had a small problem with getting warm in bed, or just being in a cold room. And this was defiantly a cold room. We talked about where they were staying and even some of the wedding plans for Devin and Mark, who were planning on doing right when I was out of here. I loved my sister, but I knew she would want to get married before the baby was born. "Hello in here." I heard Dr. Hall and we all turned from the bed and saw him walking in with a clipboard. "Hi, did you find something with good news?" I asked noticing how he didn't smile at all of use for more than a minute. "The test results came back late last night, and I got the call. All your organs are failing. All at different speeds and most of the critical ones can be replaced as soon as possible but not all of the organs from the other donor can be used." He said and looked at all of us. "You're dying slowly which means we have a bunch of time to save you." He added after a while. "I do have someone here, he can help. He's a scientist. If he can find out what the magic did to your body they we might not have to give you all new organs." He said and then told us he would go and get him. Mark and Dean went with him. "So, I'm dying. In the worst, best, way possible." I stated looking at my sisters on either side of the hospital bed. "You won't die Ivy, we won’t let that happen." Devin, the oldest, the one who would get hurt the worst by me dying, stated clutching my hand and pulling it towards her huge belly. "You have to be the responsible aunt, we both know who the crazy one is." She said laughing lightly and I looked over at Aurora who pouted. "Ladies." I looked up at the white coat doctor as he strolled in with a guy in an Armani suit following him. "This is Valentino Clarke, he's a werewolf and the best damn scientist I know. If he can figure out how to save your life." "I thought he was a human..." Devin whispered looking towards me. I forgot I almost gushed about how hot Valentino was, how young and how he made such a huge impact on the human world. "Most people do, those who don't know better anyways." Valentino chuckled and the took off his coat. "Now, your name sounds familiar, do I know you?" He hadn't even looked at me just my chart. "She's the witch who saved everyone's life. The one who has now sacrificed her life, so the dead will not rise again." Devin snapped, and I heard a knock on the door before Mark poked his head in. "Dev, babe, stressing-" "Isn't good for the baby." Me, Aurora, Mark, and Devin all said in unison making all of us laugh lightly, and I started coughing heavily right after. "Breathe through it Ms. Ames." "f**k you, I don't care who you are. Obviously, she can't breathe, help her!" I heard Devin command and then Aurora and she started shouting when I swayed towards the side I was caught by strong arms sending tingles all over my face, neck, and the rest of the top of my body where who ever caught me, touched me. "f**k, lean her to the side." I kept coughing and felt liquid in my mouth I tried to swallow but ended up choking on all over again. "Spit it out, come on." I heard the command and I just opened my mouth and let it slide out of my mouth and kept coughing until everything was out. "Lay back, there you go." "Get her some water-" "No, no more liquids by mouth, IV only." I heard Dr. Hall's voice reign over and I just raised my hands and wiped my face trying to save some dignity. "Hey, open your eyes." I felt hair being pushed out of my face and I lifted my lids seeing Valentino right there. "Ivory Ames." He smiled and kept touching my cheek softly. "You're mine." He told me softly and I could just feel all the eyes in the room shift to us. "Yours?" I asked and blinked before shifting closer to the pillow. "Yeah, mine. My mate." He said lifting my chin before leaning in but at the last-minute I turned my head realizing I just basically threw up. "I just-" I stopped and looked at the small bucket he had set down and he kissed my cheek again. "It's okay. I am going to need some more blood, okay?" He asked and nodded towards Dr. Hall who came towards me with a butterfly needle and two test tubes. I knew one was to coagulate and the other just to collect my blood and I held out my arm. I flinched as the needle went in. Dr. Hall didn't have the gentlest touch. He took the blood and I pulled the blanket up after he taped the butterfly needle to my arm just in case they needed more later. I rubbed my arm and tried to get it all warm again. "You cold?" Valentino asked, and I looked up at him and nodded. "Did her blood work show she was becoming anemic?" He asked and looked around for my file. "No, she's always been like this. For as long as I can remember. She always had a hard time staying or getting warm." Aurora said when Dr. Hall finally handed it to him. "It's just how I am." I murmured and pulled the blanket tighter around my hands. "I always bundle her up when she falls asleep around the house." Devin said and then sniffled, and I saw her tearing up. "Get Mark in here, we both know that she won't calm down otherwise." I said, and Aurora smiled and nodded before walking quickly to the door. "I am going to bring my stuff in here." Valentino said, and I just nodded before he walked out. He still had his vest, black button up, and tie on and I had to admit he was hot. I cuddled up more and Devin wrapped me up still slightly crying. "Take a nap okay baby sis... and then when you wake up you can tell me more about those books." Devin told me and kissed my forehead just before Mark came in the door can called her name softly. "Go on." I whispered and shooed her away with a jerk of my chin. "Okay." She said and smiled before rubbing her belly and then tucking herself into Mark's chest. I smiled at them before sighing and rubbing my head into the pillow and just falling right to sleep and reading what I could for this part of the dream.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD