Chapter Two

1790 Words
May POV  We spent the week helping around the pack to accommodate the members from the Red Moon pack. The children without parents will be staying in the packhouse while those with families will get some of the vacant houses in our territory.   Yesterday we had the first Claiming ceremony since the last attack on the pack. It was boring as always. Colton and I had to stand on the stage with Alpha Marcus, Luna Heather, and the betas, Jackson and Matt.    After the ceremony. the Alpha gave everyone the news about some of the Red Moon pack members moving in with our pack. The Alpha of the pack will be staying back but his family will be coming here along with some of the other members. Most of the pack took it well cause they all know what they have been through.  Tomorrow we start school, so we decided to have a small get-together in the lake cabin with our friends.  I invited Micah and Greg and thought it would be a good idea for them to bring Sammy since Jason seems interested in her.  "I swear I'm going to throw you in again if you don't get in!" I yell at Micah from the edge of the lake.  "Woman!! Don't you dare!! Something touched my leg last time so NO! And if you come near me, I'm running back to the car!" He says crossing his arms.  'Sweetheart, can you help with him.' I mind link Colton who is behind Micah talking with Jason.  He turns around and smiles at me. He grabs Micah, bridal style with Micah yelling. He walks through the small dock and throws him in the lake.  "AAH! I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Micah shouts all drenched.  "Hahaha! Thank you." I say to Colton with a wink. He winks back and goes back to talk to Jason.  "Aww Micah, don't be angry, what's the point to come to a lake and not get in the water?" Sammy says laughing.  "Tanning... TA-NNING! That's one reason." He says annoyed.  "A SNAKE!!" Greg yells.  "AAAAAH WHERE!!" Micah screams trying to swim to shore.  "HAHA! Sorry babe, I couldn't help it." Greg says.  "You too?!!" Micah shouts annoyed. Now we are all laughing and Greg has to do damage control.   We see Matt and Megan in their car parking and Brandon is already walking our way from his new car.   "So, you and Colton are dating?" Sammy asks me.  "Yea, we're together." I say with a smile.  "And obviously Matt and Megan are together. So Jason and Brandon are single?" She asks embarrassed.  I laugh "Yes, they are single."  She nods with her cheeks red.  "Hey girls!" Megan says walking towards us and sitting on the edge of the dock.  "Hey, how are you feeling today?" I ask her.  "Better than yesterday, it was so embarrassing." She says putting her hands on her face.  I laugh "She threw up on the Alp- on Colton's dad." I tell Sammy remembering what happened yesterday.  Megan sighs "Not my greatest moment."   Sammy laughs amused.  Matt and Brandon talk about Brandon's new car, a red 1974 Pontiac Firebird. Jason and Colton—knowing that those two will be talking for hours—walk to us and get in the water.  "Are you looking forward to your first day tomorrow?" Jason asks Sammy.  She smiles. "Yea but I'm a little nervous."  "You don't need to be nervous, you already have us and you're not going to be the only new kid in school. Colton's friend Cass is new too." I say smiling at her.  "Cass? Who's that?" Megan asks looking at Colton.  "... Ah... it's a family friend." Colton says looking away.  I look at Jason and he looks at me and then looks away awkwardly too.  'I don't like that, something's up.' Hera says to me and I agree with her.  "Let's swim." Colton says already swimming away.  "Well, I'm hungry so I'm going to prepare some of the food." Megan says getting up.  "I'll go with you." I say getting out of the water.  I go to the picnic table followed by Megan, Sammy, and Micah.   Brandon rushes to us. "Food?" He says looking the most excited I have ever seen him.  I nod and we start laughing.  We prepare some sandwiches and drinks and start eating.   "Oh bitches!! I heard there's a back-to-school party this Friday." Micah says excited.  "Once school starts, there's a party almost every Friday, especially now that is football season." I say.  Brandon and Megan nod, agreeing.  "Well, we are going, we have to pop Sammy's party cherry." Micah says a little too enthusiastic.  "What? You can't tell me you've never been to a party." Megan says to Sammy.  "I was homeschooled, this is going to be my first time in a high school." She says.  We all look at her surprised.  "Yep, so we are doing everything we can this year, for Sammy's sake." Micah says. "And we have to go to every after-game party because Colton and Jason are part of the football team, right?" Micah asks excitedly.  "Yea, last year I was the captain but this year Jason is taking over and Colton is the quarterback." Brandon says.  We all nod remembering Brandon was actually one of the best they had in the team.  Our kind is allowed to participate in sports with humans, but we can't use our supernatural powers or we could end up hurting them.    "Oh... I don't feel good." Megan says holding her stomach.  "You want me to call Matt to take you home?" I ask her.  "No, it's fine, driving will only make it worst and I'll just end up throwing up on Betsy." She says.  I nod... "Who is Betsy?" I ask curiously tilting my head.  She gasps and puts a hand on her mouth.  "Your brother's car's name." She says embarrassed.  I lift an eyebrow. "And who named the car?" I say taking a bite of my sandwich.  "I... I DID!" She yells.  I nod but I don't believe her at all.   (Did Matt have a name for his car all this time!!! Oh, my goddess! This is gold. But I won't use it yet. I'll bide my time.)  Megan looks at me worried and I give her a sweet smile.  After chatting a bit longer, I get up and head to the lake.  We went back to swim for a while and chatting with everyone until the sun started going down.  "Hey, guys look. We got these." I say showing them the box of spark sticks.   "Oooh! Yes, give me some." Micah says.  Megan and I hand them out to everyone and we start lighting them on. We start running around with the spark sticks. It's been a while since I felt like this, like a child without any worries. We take a picture with everyone to commemorate our last day of summer break.  It was fun.  The next day, I wake up to two beautiful green eyes looking at me.  I smile at him. "Morning handsome." My voice sounds raspy.  He smiles back "Hey beautiful."  He hugs me. "We should just skip the first day and stay home."  "What! You crazy?" I say.  "No, I'm serious, we can watch horror movies and cuddle, get take out." He says looking hopeful.  "Why do you tempt me so?" I ask exaggerating my pain.  He sighs. "Come on baby, the first day of school is just a waste of time, you know that."  I squint my eyes at him "We are going, I don't want to get there tomorrow and feel lost."  He takes a deep breath. "Ok"  We get ready and head downstairs to get some breakfast. Heather, Colton's mom, is in the kitchen.  "Good morning." I say giving her a smile.  Colton gives her a kiss on the cheek and sits with me.  She smiles and hands us plates with eggs and toasts.  "Eat up and have a good first day." She says with a smile. "And remember that Cass will be there today, so please try to help her adjust to school and to all this change." She says.  I nod "Is she in the same grade as us?" I ask.  "Yes." She says.  "Oh, then maybe she'll have some classes with us." I say with a smile.  "Yea I hope so. I watched her and her sister grow and it saddens me what they are going through." She says.  I nod. "Will her sister be going to school with us too?"  "No Ame is twenty-two." She says.  "Oh okay "  I look at Colton but he is focused on his food. We finish our breakfast and start to head to school. In the car I see Colton looking a little nervous.  "What's wrong?" I ask him taking his hand.  He looks at me and smiles "Nothing love."  I nod looking at him not convinced.  "You've been really quiet." I say.  "It's nothing, just... thinking about... football training this season, that's all." He says.  I let it go because he clearly doesn't want to talk about whatever is bothering him.  We arrive at school and it's packed. The first day of school is always like this, everyone is early. We get out and Colton grabs my hand, he feels tense. When we walk through the front door, I can see all the new freshman girls gawking at Colton, it makes my blood boil.  We start to walk to our lockers and on our way, we find Micah, Greg, and Sammy.   "Hey, guys." I say walking to them with a smile.  "Hey, tell me, tell me, tell me what classes you have." Micah says jumping.  We start comparing our classes, I look at Colton and he's distracted looking around. Colton and I have all our classes together this semester so I know he doesn't care what the others have. Jason arrives too and it seems that we all have most classes together this semester, he looks very happy and I'm guessing it's because Sammy has the same as us.  I look at Colton and he is still looking around.  I get close to him and hug him, I look up at him "What's wrong?"  He looks at me and sighs.  "It's Cass." He says.  "What about-"I am cut off by someone.  "Colton!! We hear in a high pitch voice coming from behind him.  Colton's eyes widen and we turn to look.  A very familiar redhead with green eyes comes rushing and hugs Colton.  Colton's body stiffens.  (Wait.......is that?...... ) I am still in shock.   (Cass?.......)  (Cass.........as in Cassandra??!)  (The Cassandra from the Alpha Ball??!)  (One of his sluts??!!)  'Motherfucker!' Hera says angrily.  (I..... AM..... PISSED!!) 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD