Chapter Three

2287 Words
May POV  She is all over him.  (WTF is this s**t!!)  'Rip her head off!' Hera says in a low growl.  Colton quickly pushes her away gently and looks at me with his eyes wide.  I am so pissed right now. I am looking at him with a murderess expression, I look at her and Colton stands in front of me.  "What the f**k?" I say to him in a low angry voice.  He takes a deep breath. "Cass is Cassandra."  "YEA no s**t! I kind of figured that out!" I say angrily.  "Why didn't you tell me ab-" I'm cut off.  "Um excuse me I'm right here! Oh... Wait, it's you, that girl, the clingy girl Colton was with at the ball." She looks at me up and down.  'If you don't kill her I WILL!!' Hera says.  "I left early that day because I was upset Colton, you just ignored me." She says pouting. "But it was a good thing, I mean I heard what happened at the toast-"  "FIRST OF ALL! It's not "That girl" My name is May and secondly, I'm HIS MATE!" I cut her off walking around Colton to get to her but he grabs me and holds me back.  He looks at me "Babe-"  "Don't you babe me." I say cutting him off and pointing a finger at him.  .... "What's a mate?" Greg asks.  (Oh f**k!) We all look at him.  "It's Australian... for a friend... girlfriend?" Jason says trying to fix it for me.  "Oh." He says.  "SHE'S your ma-...girlfriend?" Cassandra says looking at me with surprise.  "Yes, she's my m-... girlfriend." Colton says.  She scoffs "I thought it was a sad joke from a desperate girl at the ball."  "The only desperate girl right now is you, sweetheart." I say looking angrily at her.  She looks at me with anger in her eyes. I stare at her and I want to kick her ass so much. She and Colton's. But I remember what the Luna said, so I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  Yes, she's been through a lot, and yes, as future Luna I'm supposed to be polite and welcoming. So I'll be polite and welcoming by avoiding her, sorry but this is as much as I can give. I don't even want to see Colton right now.  "Wait... you went to a ball?!" Micah asks shocked.  I walk away without looking at anyone and go straight to my locker, put my things away and go straight to my first class. I can feel Colton walking behind me.   "Baby, please." He says but I keep walking.  "May stop, talk to me." He grabs my hand.  "Oh! Like you talked to me? You had a whole week to tell me and just decided to ambush me? Again?" I say feeling the anger surging inside me.  "No that's no-" He starts to say but I cut him off.  "No of course not, you wanted to just skip school today so that you wouldn't have to tell me or deal with it!" I turn around and just keep walking and get to the classroom.  I quickly sit at the back and Colton sits next to me.  Everyone else gets here too, we all have the same class together in the morning, even Cassandra who sits next to Colton.  "May." Colton says getting closer.  "DON'T!" I warn him not even looking at him.  Throughout the whole class, the b***h does everything she can to touch him.  "Oh, I don't have my book yet." She said so she scoots over to Colton with the teacher's permission.  "Oh, Colton you have something on your face, let me get that for you."  "Oh Colton this, oh Colton that."   What the f**k is wrong with this girl, I mean that's what the mate's mark is for.  So that a wolf can know when another is mated and stay away, but no, this b***h doesn't care.  The next two classes were the same s**t. She didn't have any of her supplies so she clung to Colton, f**k! it looked like she was his girlfriend the whole damned time. And Colton didn't say s**t to her, he just looked at her awkwardly and let her do whatever the hell she wanted.  Lunchtime came and all I wanted to do was skip lunch or sit at another table but, even though I'm pissed like hell, I'm not going to leave him alone with her.  I sat at the table next to Jason and left Colton the seat next to me at the edge of the table so she couldn't sit next to him. She sat opposite of us, in front of Colton.  Everyone was making conversation but I was just too pissed to care. Colton took my hand and kissed it, I didn't bat an eye.  'Love.' He tries to mind link me.  'No, we'll talk when we get home.' I say ending the conversation.  He nods but still holds my hand.  'Am I being too harsh?' I ask Hera.  'No, he should have told us, why didn't he? And we both know the answer to that.' She says.  'He f****d her.' I say to her angrily.  Hera growls.  "I'm so happy to see you, Colton. How long has it been?" She asks with a huge smile and twirling a strand of hair on her finger.  Colton gives her a small smile "Almost two years."  "Wow, it doesn't feel like it's been that long." She says.  He smiles at her.  "So you are the quarterback for the football team, right? I'm going to try out for cheerleading, we'll be in the games together." She says, looking at him seductively? No, it's something else.  "That's good." Colton says with a smile.  Her eyes shine when he smiles at her.  Colton looks at her again and then looks away.  (This is so infuriating.)  I decided to spend the rest of my time texting Megan and telling her everything that happened today. That made me feel a little better but she was also pissed at the situation.  A whole semester with this b***h trying to cling on to my mate... it's not gonna happen, I'm gonna end up kicking her ass.   Our next class is history and she has that one with us too, and of course, it's the same story. The last two classes thank the goddess she doesn't have them with us.   The first day of school is finally over and we start driving home.  "Can we talk now?" Colton asks.  "Go ahead, talk." I say with no emotion.  He takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry."  I don't say a thing.  "I should have told you and I'm sorry, I just didn't want to ruin the last week of summer break we had together." He says.  "Bull s**t!" I yell. "You didn't want to tell me because you f****d her." I say angrily.  His face goes pale.  "And it's not the fact that you slept with someone before... we happened," I say pointing between me and him. "It's the fact that there's more to it, more to you two. You don't act the same way with Bianca or all those other girls you screwed before."  "Am I wrong?" I say knowing I am not.  He stares straight and for the rest of the car ride, he doesn't say a thing.  Now I feel like crying because that silence is complete confirmation, but I hold it in.  We get home, I take a deep breath and calmly head inside.  "Oh hey, sweeties how was school?" The Luna says walking by us.  I just smile at her and keep walking all the way to our room. I get to the room and I get some clothes so I can take a shower. Colton comes in and sits on the edge of the bed.  "May... you know I love you, and you are the only one for me." He says.  I stop what I'm doing and look at him "I know." I say seriously.  I stay there waiting for the rest.  He looks down.  "My mother asked me to be nice to her, I have known her and her family for a long time. She's been through a lot and if me being nice to her helps her through it, then that's what I'll do. It's my duty as future Alpha to respect our allies." He says still looking down.  "I didn't tell you to not be nice to her. I'm asking you to tell me about your history with her." I say to him.  He sighs "Please drop it." He says still looking down.   He really doesn't want to tell me.   "So, you really don't want to tell me what's going on between you two." I tell him.  "Nothing's going on." He says finally looking at me.  "Let me rephrase that. You really don't want to tell me what happened between you two." I say.  "My past doesn't change the way I feel about you." He says.  So he really doesn't want to talk about it.  "Ok fine, don't tell me, but if she touches you again, I'm ripping her head off." I say walking to the bathroom and slamming the door.  I take a warm shower and try to relax a bit. When I get out Colton is still sitting there.   "My mom said she wants us downstairs for dinner." He says getting up and heading for the bathroom.  I don't say anything and start getting ready, I decide to text Megan to see if I can go see her in her room, but unfortunately, she's out with Matt.  I put something on TV and when Colton gets out of the bathroom, he sits next to me but we just sit there quietly.  We sit there and wait until we are called for dinner.   It's finally diner time and we head downstairs. All to find Cassandra at the damn table.  I breathe in hard and sit, Colton sits next to me but I don't look at him.  "The Alpha won't be joining us tonight, he has too much work." Heather says to us.  "May, this is Meira Wicker, Luna of the Red Moon pack and a good friend of mine. These are her daughters Amelia and Cassandra which you already met." Luna Heather says introducing them to me.  "This is May Slatsman, Colton's mate and future Luna of our pack." She tells them.  I smile, and yes, it's a fake smile but it's a damned good one.  "Oh, I did not know Colton had a mate already." Meira says looking at me strangely.  "Well, it's nice to meet you." Amelia says with a genuine smile.  I smile back. "It is nice to meet you as well."  "Who are your parents by the way May?" Meira asks.  I look at her wanting to say "none of your business" but I don't.  "Jackson, the beta of our pack and Clara." I say to her, they don't need to know the truth.  She nods but she's giving me a look I don't like.  "How was your day today Cassandra?" Luna Heather asks.  "It was great, thanks to Colton. He hasn't changed a bit. Well, I mean physically he is much more attractive but his personality is the same." She says looking at him with a smile.  'I HATE HER!' Hera says.   Heather nods. "I'm glad your day went well."  "That's no surprise, I mean they have always been so perfect together." Luna Meira says with a smile.  I clench my teeth, she meant it the way it sounded, that was obvious.  Cassandra smiles at him. "That's true."   Colton gives a small smile and stares at his food.  Meira starts reminiscing about things that Cassandra and Colton did when they were younger and I'm starting to get pissed, well more pissed.  Apparently, they have known each other since they were 12.  "But my favorite one was when just only two years ago Cassandra asked Colton to marry her and elope, and I really thought that they would." She says looking directly at me. "As if they were humans." She adds trying to make it seem funny.  Well, I don't find it funny.  "I don't think this kind of talk is appropriate mother." Amelia says giving me an apologetic look.  Luna Heather also looks a little taken back.  "I apologize, it's just old sentiments." Meira says smiling. It is not a genuine smile.  "You can't be angry dear, they have so much history together." She says looking at me.  "Yea, history I know nothing about." I say looking at Colton. He's still staring at his food and I've reached my breaking point.  "But it's fine." I say getting up and looking at her and Cassandra "He still ended up being mine." I say giving them a smirk.  Cassandra looks angry at what I said.  "I am going to have to ask to be excused, I'm not feeling well... no you know what? I'm not a liar or a hypocrite, truth is I just don't really want to be here right now so yea, I'll be going."  Colton gets up to follow me but I stop him.  "No, stay, do your Alpha duty." I say with a fake smile and leave.  I head outside and Matt and Megan are getting out of their car, they see me going straight for the forest.  "Hey what's wrong?" Megan asks.  "I'm going for a run." I say without hiding my anger.  They look at each other and I can tell that they are mind linking.  Matt walks after me. "I'm going with you."  I don't say a thing and shift ripping all my clothes off. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD