Deja Vu

1069 Words
According to my dream, I am going to die. I fear dreams now. I was awake the whole night. Not for a day, I was awake for the last 3 days. Only thinking about what has happened and going to be happening. The phone rings. "Oh Jayesh" I exhale a heavy breath and gather the courage to pick the call. "Hello" "You are alive? What were you doing these 3 days? No one could reach you. You weren't picking calls. Are you okay?" "Yes" "Yes? Only yes? It's not you. You don't give a short one-word answer like this. Who are you?" "Not funny, Jayesh." He chuckles. "I am outside." I sigh and hang up the call. Open the door. Jayesh standing in a peach shirt perfectly ironed, denim, and pair of woodland shoes. He came with a bouquet and chocolates. His cute appearance made me smile. "Oh ho! What a smile. It will look more beautiful if you wear some makeup get ready and we go for lunch. What you say?" "I am not in a mood please." "Come on...... For me " Typical Jayesh and his puppy face always melt me. I nodded yes and get inside my room. I am wearing a floral print knee-length dress and brown boots that match my belt. I paired it with a pink handbag, a pink stone stud, and a multicolor bracelet. Unexpected. I don't think I've seen such kind of scene in my dreams. Don't know if I'll die within these two weeks or not. But I know I'll die someday for sure. I should leave to its fullest. Jayesh driving me to a restaurant. But our car suddenly gets puncher near my studio. I get off the car and Jayesh dialing to the mechanic. Suddenly it strikes me. In my dream, this scene was there. "Baby, please listen to me." Teenage couple quarreling in the bus stand. "Sir I am really sorry. yes yes yes. Sir . No. No sir . Yes sir." A middle-aged office employee trying to convince his boss on call. I remember exactly because in my dream I laughed at him. I laughed at his conversation. How it only contains yes and no in it. "Woof woof" Oh it startled me. Yah. it startled me in the dream too. A blue hoodie guy will get startled too. "Woof"... "Ah.." Happened, just like that. Nikita is crossing the road. That was in my dream too. A black car will hit her as per my dream. But I can't see any black car around. But I can't just stand idle and see my colleague meet with an accident.. "Hey, Nicky....." I call out loud. "Nicky, stop there. Go back." I am shouting hard, very hard. Everyone stares at me. But it doesn't matter. Even if no car will come, I will not stop. A black car comes at high speed. But Nikita was safe this time. "Hey..." "Hey... Are you okay?" "Oh, my god." "What's wrong with the driver." Crowd howls for a moment. Nikita runs to me. "Oh. my god! It was a near escape. I would have died there. How did you know there was danger?" Nikita was so shocked. "Wow! you got Deja chu." Jayesh says. Yes, what I am experiencing is Deja Vu. Wait what he says? "It's called Deja Vu, not Deja Chu." "It happened to you na, so it will be called Deja Chu." He chuckles. "Not funny, Jayesh." "Come on, it's a famous comedy dialogue from the movie Fukrey." "Return," Nikita says. "Yah, thanks for correcting. Fukrey Returns." "I know, I saw the movie. That too 3 times." "Cool... Hey! Where are you going?" "Aren't we supposed to have lunch?" "Oh ho... Now that's my girl." Deja Vu. The feeling of something happening now had happened before. That helped me to save Nikita. It may help me a lot. Nothing happens for no reason. If I get this ability, I must use it. And yah, Jayesh had a point. I have also heard that if we see someone's death in a dream, their life span increases. It will apply to me too. *** Deja Vu.... Great, it helps me a lot. And I became a guardian angel for many. I knew when it will rain. I helped Jayesh to avoid rain coz in my dream he took my entire weekend. I was the one nursing him. You can say it was a selfish act, but he is not sick, so it's a win-win situation. Nothing bad with that right. I gain more confidence. I started Sima Gupta's classes too. It's getting smooth. According to my dream, things are happening like that but the misfortune is avoidable. Nikita is fine, Jayesh is not sick, and the best part is that I know when my loan shark will come. And I am all prepared with an escape plan. "Hey, guys! Lucky draw result is coming out, fingers cress." Deepak says. "Piya, you are my lucky charm, stay beside me." Oh no! I remember he will not make it. He was the one absent from the concert because he didn't win the tickets now. "Fingers cross", "All the best dude.", Ecos everywhere. "Now it's time to announce the 10 winners from Bhopal." "Finger cross..... Hey Piya, why are not praying for me." "Deepak, I have tickets. If unfortunately, you don't get it don't be sad. Take mine okay." "You are saying you won't pray for me?" "I don't mean that." "You are my best friend, like a sister. You are my lucky charm. You think I won't get it. I'll definitely not. Thanks for your support. And no thanks for your sacrifice." "The winners are Abhishek Kumar, Snigdha Ray,........" He didn't make it. He was scoring high in every quiz. He had the highest chance to win. In my dream, I supported him. When he loose I treated him to coffee. We had a long conversation. We laugh and get over it. I was the one who cheers him up. But now the situation is different. Because I knew it, I couldn't fake it. I couldn't support him. And I lost my right to cheer him up. He is sad, he is not even looking at me. This Deja Vu.... Damn you.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD