Curse or Blessing

1148 Words
Days passed, Deepak didn't talk a single word to me. He barely looked at me. We are childhood buddies. He can't be angry with me. And that too, for no reason. I mean, I didn't pray for him. That even make sense. How can someone get angry for such a stupid reason?  Childish behavior. He even doesn't know what am I going through.  I know what's gonna happen. And I am managing the good thing to happen and bad things not to. The dream haunts me till now too. It will be horrifying to attend the concert. Because that is the doomsday.  I am managing to keep calm till then. Miss Sima Gupta, she wants to get friendly. But I had to avoid her. Getting too close to her is maybe dangerous. According to my dream, she was dead in my apartment. So I refused her request to visit my house. If she doesn't know my address she won't go there. She won't go there, she won't die there. She won't die there, I won't be in trouble. Simple. To execute my simple yet smart plan, I need someone beside me. That can't me Jayesh coz he is too cheesy.   I need to make-up with Deepak. We are childhood buddies, yaar.  "Hey" "Hm" Look at his attitude, man. "For how long you'll be like this." I too have an attitude, okay. He glares at me. "You want to go to the concert, right? What if I say I can arrange it, then?" "I don't need your favor." "Come on sad man." I reach out to his wrist and drag him with me.  *** "Why are we here?" Deepak was shocked. Because we are in a place where people bet. Today it is India vs Pakistan match, the rates are high. Perfect day, to earn more. "You don't like cricket right. Then why are we here?" "You want a VIP ticket?" "That is so expensive." "That's why we are here. To earn for it." "Are you serious? We can?" "I am serious. We will." "But" He is scared.  Obviously, it's the first time he is in a betting house with a girl who knows nothing about cricket. His sweaty face clearly says that he is damn nervous. His hand is shaking. But look at him, he has such blind faith in me.  "Okay.... You are sure we can win. I mean I have really less money, you know my dad." "Do you trust me?" "Huh?" "You say that I am your lucky charm right." "Yes" "Am I lucky for you?" "Yes" "You trust me?" "Yes" "Then believe me. And bet on what I say." "Okay Jai Mata Di, let's rock." He said to boost his confidence. "Let's rock." The betting started. First was the bet on who will win the toss and what they will choose. We could have won more in this, but Deepak has less money now. "Piya, what should I bet on?" He wisher. "India will bat." "How are you so confident?" I don't have an answer for him. When I don't have any answer, I just smile. Guess what he won. His face just got brighten up. He is running towards me with a winning amount, like kids run to their mom with a report card. The kids scoring good marks I referred to, not like me. "Piya.. Piya, I won 3000 rupees." "3 each?" "No, 1500 on one and 1500 on another." "Don't worry, we will win more." "You know I saw Manish here too." Manish Thakur is my student in yoga class. He brags a lot. Usually, I get irritated and ignores him. But thanks to him only, I am confident that we will win. In my dream, he brags a lot about this day. How he bets, and he loses money. I don't remember why I didn't stop him. What was I doing? I heard him completely, but I wasn't interested. I didn't stop him, not had interest too, and I think I was upset or in a bad mood. What could be the matter? "Piya Piya Piya..." He nudged me. "Are you sleeping or meditating?" "Nothing" "It's opening what should I do?" Bet is on the batting duo will make a run over 10 or any of them will be out before completing 10. "Bet on out." "You are an Indian right, how can you say that?" Patriotic Deepak says. It's not the time to get patriotic. It's time to have logic. If the duo can't make it till only 10 runs, that's doesn't mean they are a traitor. It's a game. It happens. Lose, win nothing matters. It's a game. We win today, we can lose tomorrow, not a big deal. "And you say you trust me." "Fine." Maybe he will be the only one to bet on that. He walks to me totally shocked. "I told you." I brag a bit. "Wow! How did you know that? You know we were only 3 to bet on that. I won 5000." He jumps in excitement. "How much did you bet?" "Thousand" "Only?" "I should play safe na"  He is right. I know what is going to happen, but not so sure about its accuracy. He should play safe. Movies also teach us the addiction to betting is bad. And luck can turn against at any time. Not to trust luck at all. We smoothly play on. In some part, I prefer him not to bet, and in some, I told him to definitely bet. "Wow Dhoni came. He will just blow everyone's mind." He says. I remember- ( "You know what? When Dhoni enters everyone said he will rock on the first ball." Manish. "Really" "Dhoni is best." "My lovely Mahi.." The girls surrounding Manish to listen to his rubbish. "No yaar! He got a wide in the first ball. I bet for a six, another in a four. I lost 6000 rupees in it.") "It will be a wide ball." "What?" "Bet on that. Trust me." "Sure." "Trust me on that. You won't regret it." He bet that it will be a wide-ball. Everyone is shocked. Expectedly unexpected win of our made people's mouth open.  "Yeiii...." "Wow we won... Deepak we won." "Oh my god! Piya. We won...." Wow. Even if I knew the result, but the excitement of winning feels awesome.  "Oh my god! I got 30,000 in it." He says while controlling his scream.  Seriously, we wanted to scream out loud.  "Hey Piya, we needed 80,000 for the ticket. We've won it. What should we do now? Should we stop or continue?" Damn! What to do? The game just gets exciting. If we stop, we will be safe. If we continue we have a chance to lose.   Should we take risks? Addiction to betting is hazardous. What should I do? Can you suggest what should she do?
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD