The Flashback

996 Words
I was riding my scooter. Near lakeside I almost escape an accident. I suddenly stopped when I saw a boy sobbing at the bus stand. If I wouldn't have stopped, I would have met with a massive accident.  I went to talk to that boy. He had missed his school bus and worried about how he'll reach home. I gave him a ride to his home. Because of that, I went to a colony out of town. In return, I encounter heavy rain.  I got drenched while returning home. I felt unwell, so took the other two days off. I was at my home, taking care of myself. Anita, my neighbor, accompanied me. Like that, my three days passed.  The very next day I felt better, so I went to work. I was happy because I was able to return to work.  I was walking but stopped by the bus stand. Because I got messes of Nikita that she was about to come. There I was observing a teenage couple. A middle-aged person, wearing a formal pant and shirt, was on call. His phone conversation was funny. I felt funny actually because he was only replying with 'yes sir', 'no sir'. His conversation had only yes and no in it. Suddenly a dog startled me by barking at once. It did freak a guy passing by too.  I saw Nikita waving at me from the other side of the road. I waver her back. When it gets a red light, she moved forward like others. She was a bit slow as she was checking her phone. Suddenly a black car rushed and hit her badly. It was a hit-and-run case. It was in a flash of a second that no one was attentive enough to see the car's number. I ran towards her, call for help. Went to the hospital with her. Nikita's family member arrived at the hospital when I informed them. We waited till the doctor clear that she was safe. Her condition was not critical.  When the nurse asked who will stay at night, Nikita's mother looked at me, but I said something stupid. "Aunt, Tomorrow is the first class set for the actress Seema Gupta. It's a big move for our institute. It is important, hope you understand. I have to present there early morning." She agreed and gave a warm smile. The day went on at the hospital. It was the 5th day after we signed the contract. As Seema's assistant said she indeed visited our institute after four days.  I was a bit worried about Nikita but when I saw Seema I just forgot everything.  "Oh My God! Miss Seema, you actually came. If you are not comfortable, then I can give you private classes. You must be tired. Bring a cold drink for mam." I said. Then suddenly realized about her diet plan. "Bring Diet Coke!! Is it okay mam?" I asked.  "Yes, make it two. I want you to give me company." She said. It was like, I've got the wings.  "Two diet coke...." I shout. Everyone gathered to see her, to meet her, take selfies, and more.  "Fariha.. Go, take your class." I said. I humbly asked Seema to take a tour of our institute and to start classes from tomorrow. She agreed. I took her to show her the Karate classes. "This is the place where sir, Mr. Prakash Giri, takes Karate classes," I said. "Oh, nice." I introduced her to the sir. They shook the hand. "Actually, our institute is not doing well, so we gave this part to him in rent."  "Piya, you are so honest. I must say." Oh, my gosh. In the first conversation, she actually calls me by my name. Not hesitated at all. Wow... Am I dreaming? "What's that noise?" "Oh don't bother. They are my fans and the media. They follow me everywhere. Huh! Being a celebrity is not that fun, you know. I am surrounded by peoples but still alone. I don't have a friend whom I can say 'look she is my genuine friend'. A person with whom I can be by myself. I can be who I am by a person, not by profession. You know what I am saying right." "Yes," "Will you be my friend?" Oh, my gosh. It's a shocking day. Miss Seema Gupta wants to be my friend. Wow. "But mam.. I am" "Seema!" "Huh?" "Call me Seema." "Ah... It's awkward." "Hm.. You know, Piya. In my daily life, I meet lots of fake people, crazy fans, and many different kinds of. But you seem like a nice girl. Humble, sweet, honest, so I just thought we have to spend time together. Why can't we spend it like being a good friend? If you don't want to be, then it's okay. I know.." "No!" "You don't want to?" "No, no. I want to be your friend. Actually, I was shocked by your sudden approach. I've never ever imagined that a huge star like this will want to be my friend." "I don't want to be your friend now." Damn it. Why? What happened? Mood swings? "Why?" "You are treating me like others. Big star, big star. What is this? I am a normal person like you only." "But.. You are a.." "Treat me like you treat...ammmm. Jayesh." "Jayesh?" "Yes" "I...amm..I.." "What I, I? You two have fun together. I've noticed in my office. You were laughing together by cracking some jokes." "Amm that.." "No need to explain. Friends don't need an explanation. Right?" Wow.... What happened just now. I am an official friend of the great Seema Gupta.  We had our coke. Apart from everyone, she wanted to hangouts with me. Though I became her friend officially, but she insisted to keep it secret. To show as we are only professionally related but personally didn't have any contacts.  *** "You were friends or in a relationship?" Jayesh asks. "What do you mean?" "I mean, why you hide your friendship from the public?" "I don't know. She insisted I agreed. I didn't think much. As I am recalling it, I am feeling it strange. But that time it was felt that her reason was genuine." "What reason?" "To know the reason, you have to listen to my back story patiently. Without interrupting me." "Yah. Fine. Continue." 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD