The flashback continues.

994 Words
Day 6, 7, 8: It was a way normal day with way abnormal activities. Abnormal in the sense, I was as a yoga instructor helped Seema. And the fun fact was, I was allowed to call her Seema. We were as casual as college buddies.  She treated all my staff at the end of her session. I set her time for the morning so that we can set her free till lunchtime. But she spent lunchtime with us. She was so humble that we all get along with her quickly.  Like that, days passed. My routine was confined. The morning was my shift for Seema. After lunch, I was taking Nikita's shift where the married lady's group was scheduled.  I felt a bit awkward to hang out with her. It was only a few days since we've met. But one day she opens up in front of me.  Day 9: I got a call in between the session with her. I sneak out to attend that call. When I return. "Boyfriend?" She asked. I nodded, being shy. "For how long you've been in a relationship?" She asked. "We'll have a four-month anniversary soon," I replied shyly.  "So sweet." "You don't have a boyfriend? Oh, what am I asking? You are a public figure if you would have been on a date, it would be breaking news." I said. "Yes, but living a secret life is an outstanding option." "Mam....." "I told you na. Not to call me mam." "Sorry. Seema! Secret life means?" "Shush! Don't tell anyone, haan."' I nodded. "I do have a boyfriend." "Seriously?" "Yes." We giggled. "He wants to keep a low profile. And I don't want to get it reviled too. I am an actress by profession. My personal life is mine." "I can understand." "I know, you are the only one who understands me. You are so sweet. That's why I'm telling you my secrets. Keep it safer." I raised my hand and gestured to zip my lips and lock it.  We giggled again.  We went for lunch in a restaurant. It was her treat, like always. Our friendship grew from that day onward.  She left me at the institute and went home. I took Nikita's shift and then went home. I felt like someone was following me. I got scared and ran to a crowded place. But I guess no one was following me the person I assume to be was just a passer.  Day 10 : Because of my illusion of someone following me, I had difficulties in getting a night of good sleep. The sky was clear, but a sudden shower drenched you.  I went through that before so when we reached the office and I was you like that I insisted you to dry up immediately. But you didn't listen to me.  That day also I and Seema had personal talks. She told me about her life, how she decided to become an actress. Her family was not that well established. She had to work from an early age to feed her family. She started as a child model in advertisements. She struggled hard to get roles in the TV series.  Her childhood went on with scarcity. Today she became a successful woman, but she knew the struggles of people to earn their livelihood. She still feels she still doesn't have enough yet. She asked me how I met Sumit. I was about to tell her that you came sneezing. That day I skipped Nikita's shift and took you to my house. The second half of the day I spent with you, by nursing you.  My home remedies cured you faster than I thought. But because you stay alone and outside the town, I told you to stay.  Day 11: You felt much better in the morning. We went to the institute together.  Seema came we were middle of the session. "Piya!.. Oh, hi mam." Deepak entered the room with excitement. He was standing there and giving me a signal to come out of the room. I shook my head. "What's the matter? He is calling you so sweetly." She said. "But, Seema?" "Come on. I'll be here and meditate like a good student. Okay!" I smiled and nodded my head. I went out with Deepak. "Piya, stay by me and pray for me." "Why?" "I've told you na. I took part in the competition where they are giving free tickets of the concert to the winners." "Concert of Arijit Singh?" I asked. "Yes" "You were still playing that quiz? I have got the tickets. You can have one." "You got the ticket because one of your clients gifted it to you. The gift is for your staff only." "Hmmm" "Piya, you are lucky for me. If you are with me, I know I'll definitely win." "Awww.. Fine, you've answered all questions correctly, you will win." I said. The result came, and his name was not on the winner list. "Oh no..."  He sighs and sat on the floor.  "What happens?" Seema asked. "Deepak didn't make it to get the concert's ticket." I replied to her. "Come on, it's okay. It happens to everyone. Don't be upset."  "Look, Seema is saying. The Seema Gupta is cheering you. Think about what an achievement you got now." On my words, everyone laughed.  "I have to go early. Sorry, hope you don't mind." She said. "Oh, no-no. Sorry I've wasted your time." "Don't be. Be with your friend today. He needs you. I'll call you at night. Okay!" "Sure." "Piya! Jayesh will stay with you tonight also? You are in a live-in relationship?" "What? No? He was sick yesterday so. He is not my boyfriend. He is just a friend. We don't stay together. It's not like what you are thinking." "Oh, sorry, I misunderstood." She said. *** "Wow, your friendship. You told her about me staying at your house that night?" Jayesh asks. "I didn't"  "Then how did she knew about it?" "Don't be so suspicious about everything. When I was busy with Deepak, she must have heard the gossip or must have had any conversation with others and get to know it. You know na, all our staffs know about us. Everyone does know about us and they are okay with it because they know our friendship. She was new so she clarified to me. What's the big deal with it."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD