Chapter 1: Brie's pov

664 Words
Chapter 1 Brie’s pov I can’t believe I was finally here at University of Nebraska college. No parents, no fake friends, no drama. I get to start over where no one knows me or my past. It’s a fresh start. It is pretty scary though. Not knowing anyone at all in a place I am not to familiar with is stressful. I have never been very social. I was just one of those girls that just blended into the background. No one really noticed me. I was just plain. I have never even had a boyfriend. I just wasn’t the girl that guys noticed. I didn’t really think I was even what most would consider pretty. I was full of curves, but no one would ever know because I always cover them up. Maybe coming here will finally give me some confidence. I have always lived in a small farming town. I knew everyone there and they knew me. Maybe that’s why I have always felt so alone. Now that I am in the big city, I have endless possibilities. I walked around the campus, so I could know where my classes were once, they started. I liked being prepared it would make things less hectic. I had a small apartment off of campus which I loved. I didn’t want to live in a dorm with some stranger. I needed my space. Since I was all unpacked, I thought I would take a look at campus. I was looking at the campus map I was given and not paying attention to where I was looking when I ran into something or someone. I looked up to see the sexiest man I have ever seen looking down at me. “I am so sorry I wasn’t looking where I was going.” “Oh no problem darlin it’s not every day I have a beautiful woman running into me.” I blushed at what he said. No one has ever said I was beautiful before. I can’t believe this gorgeous guy said that to me. Already things were looking up for me. Nebraska may just be what I needed to thrive. To finally get out of my shell. “Well I guess I should let you get back to what you were doing. I’m truly sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going, I guess I better be a little more careful next time.” I said. “I’m actually done for the day. So, are you new here?” “Yes, I just moved to Nebraska.” “Nice you should let me show you this great café just around the corner.” Was he asking me out? Or was he just being nice since I said I was new to town and he felt sorry for me? I didn’t want to say no just in case this was a date. I knew I would never get a chance like this again. I had to go even if this wasn’t a date at least I would now know where a great café close to campus would be at. “Okay that sounds like fun let’s go.” I said. We walked to the café talking as if we had known each other all our lives. I felt so comfortable with him. We got a table and ordered a couple of coffee’s and pie. We talked about our families and what we liked to do for fun. I didn’t mention that I was a freshman because I knew he was older then me and probably an upper classmen and didn’t want to run him off. I really thought maybe he could be the one to give me my first kiss. I just needed to play this cool.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD