2 - Enhance Your Calm

1125 Words
Upon taking a few moments to scream out her upset and calm her nerves from seeing the one person she really didn't need to see; Rayne opened the laptop and send an email to the landlord.   “I apologize for the late notice what was wondering if utilization of the pool tomorrow, was available? If not, I completely understand but I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to return this email. Respectfully yours, Rayne Mills” Hitting send she closed the laptop for a time being. Dinner was almost finished and whatever Billee had concocted smelt amazing. They sat and chatted trying not to discuss the elephant in the room. Billee talked about her interview the following day and all she hoped it would be. “This could be one of those jobs of a lifetime type things. You know if I get this job you can always move here and live with me. Would be weird to be so far away but I know you understand this is something I have to do.” “Absolutely! If you don't take this job if it's offered, I'm probably going to smack you upside the head. “Rayne laughed. “So, I'm just curious what's the name of the company? “ “It's a management company. They run administration, financing and security for several large corporations in the neighboring countries. It's called Sokard Business Solutions. I found them on a random Internet search.” Rayne nodded and smiled. Billee deserve this job and life more than anybody Rayne could imagine. When Rayne’s mom had left, Billee was there. When Rayne had lost the loves of her life, Billee was there. When she had no job and was losing her sanity and had a young baby to take care of, Billee was there. If she wasn't offered this job Rayne was pretty damn sure she was going to walk into that company and demand them to take her. Billee’s phone dinged loudly. She looked at it and smiled. “Well, looks like you will be lounging near the pool all day tomorrow. The landlord emailed back it was fine. They also said the pool house will be unlocked and there are towels, a shower and A refrigerator stocked full of drinks and snacks. Seems this place thinks of everything. One day before we leave, I'm hanging out at that pool with you! “ Rayne smiled, “I'm going to put on my swimsuit, pair of comfy shorts, grab a book, my headphones, my phone and layout. I don't think I've had a day like this and over four years.” “Well just make sure that you don't work. I know you the minute you sit around by yourself, you start working. This your actual vacation. Things are gonna be crazy busy when you get back, so you need to relax while you can.” If Rayne was going to be completely honest, the thing she had to keep off her mind was Zane. He had been a constant in her life for six years and to spend a few days without him was odd. And if she was going to be completely honest more than once, hiding at the pool was better than running into Dimitri again. She had lived through that once and was pretty sure she couldn't again. ~~ It had been a very long day for Angelos. He came home and had every intention of cooking dinner but was happy to see Dimitri had thrown something together. Sitting at the table and having a glass of wine and the pasta with veggies, Angelos realized the look on Dimitri's face what's not normal. On any other day he might have asked Dimitri what was wrong but decided he couldn't handle a tirade or a negative moment after the day he just had. Looking at his phone he realized he had a few emails to answer and one was from the tenants that were currently renting the cottage on the other side of the property. Last minute request to use the pool and spa was what the email entailed. It was such a pleasant email it didn't even bother him that was last minute. Knowing that he would be handling interviews all day and Dimitri wasn't much for the pool, he granted the right to use and let them have full access to the pool house. When he bought the property, tearing down the extra cottage, which was actually the original house, was his initial plan. But upon having someone on the island ask to rent it for a month while they refurbished their home, Angelos realized it was a great rental property for vacationists. His home office handled the majority of the details. Angelos just answered the emails personally while the tenants were actually onsite. They went online paid a deposit and the place was theirs for as long as needed. Being tired and stressed out as he was from his day it took a few minutes for him to pick up his phone and realize the name signed at the bottom of the email request. Rayne Mills. There was absolutely no way this was possible. Was Karma that much of a b***h? The only woman that Dimitri Drakos had ever really truly had feelings for was less than 25 acres away. What was he supposed to do with that type of information? Is it something he should mention? Dimitri had run away from her in fear of how she made him feel once, why the hell would it make any difference now? Angelos decided Karma was at work and he was not going to interfere. What is to be will be and who the hell was he to make assumptions as to what Fate had in mind. While Angelos had never gotten over the woman he had tasted, felt close around him and orgasm only for him at the Masquerade Ball. There was no way with masks on, this one-night stand should have felt like anything more than just that, A one-night stand. The problem was he couldn’t get her off is mind and wanted only her. Six years of failed dates and lonely nights of working instead of sleeping. When these interviews were over, Angelos said decided he was going to take a very long vacation and find love. “Anything interesting an email?” Dimitri asked flatly. “Just my vacation tenants asking if they could use the pool tomorrow.  I was pretty sure you weren't gonna use it?” Dimitri shook his head no and stood taking his plate to the sink. Without many more words he headed to the bedroom to go to bed for the night. Angelos looked at his watch it realized it was only eight-thirty.   He sure hoped that the cosmos knew what it was doing because Dimitri had been lost for over six years and it was time for him to come back to life.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD