3 - A Day at the Pool

1803 Words
The morning was bright and beautiful and the temperature was a bit higher than the day before. It was a sultry warm 72 degrees and the wind of the ocean created perfection. Looking at her phone the time was ten forty-six a.m. Rayne loaded a bag full of the items needed to get her through a day at the pool.  She decided to pull the scooter out. There was a winding path that led from the cottage to the pool near the main house. Sure, she could make the distance comfortably in the morning, yet after a day of relaxing she wasn't sure walking all the way back would be desired. Pulling up to the gated pool it was enormous in size. Almost Olympic sized in fact, with crystal blue water and a pool house made to look like an old Grecian monument. The main house wasn't remote but distant enough she would have a bit of privacy. Her hair was down with no makeup on her lightly freckled face. The chosen bathing suit was a one piece, that was off one shoulder, had no back, came down in a tasteful V in the front with built in DD cups to give her ample uplift and finished with boy shorts. It was black and so were the comfy knit shorts she had placed over.   She brought a hat just in case and sunglasses to shield her pale blue eyes. In preparation for this vacation, Rayne had bought a six series tanning package.  While she was not traditionally tanned, she definitely was not the white ghost that normally hid under clothes. Looking around and up to the main house she realized how quiet and peaceful it really was. The panoramic view was simply breath taking. Never in all her life had she seen water so blue and had the outdoors been so serene. While she would never have enough money to purchase a place such as this, she would definitely be saving to visit again. Part of it was unnerving, as she was used to a very chatty intelligent six-year-old asking constant questions. She had brought a book to read and her phone with earbuds to listen to music just in case. But the main game plan was relaxing in the sun and possibly helping her tan progress. For the first hour, she laid out on a lounge chair and let the warm sun surround her skin. The book she had brought was interesting but full of a lot of more intimate s*x scenes than she had hoped. Being celibate for six years it wasn't exactly helping her relaxation situation. Putting on her ear buds and playing recorded music from her phone Rayne spent two hours in the sun, flipping from back to front, singing along. She didn't realize how loud she was singing, as she had always been a pretty decent singer. The sound carried through the pool area and onto the patio of the main house where one of the people staying there open the sliding glass door to listen. Hearing the voice, suddenly he realized who was singing and ran in to grab a pair of binoculars. Dimitri cussed under his breath knowing exactly what his sight would find, when he viewed the woman at the pool. Returning with the binoculars it was just on time to see her standing and slip off the oversized shorts and bend over in her snug swimsuit. Without warning the growl in his throat was escaping and his fist hit the glass sliding door. “Why are you here? Why can’t you just….” He said out loud unable to finish. He wasn’t sure what he wanted Rayne to do. Stay, go, ride him hard. Six years hadn’t changed the hardened man he was inside but it had made him realize how empty his life was without anyone in it to care for him. She had to go. He had made that clear and the uncertainty of his reactions made it more so. The curve of her ass and thick thighs caused sensations he had locked away for quite some time. She removed her earbuds and set the phone down on the chair. Watching, unable to look away, Dimitri took in every sway, every progression of her body. Rayne stood on the diving board and looked up at the sky. She seemed mesmerized by the heavens and all they offered on such a beautiful day. Stretching her hands over head with a double bounce on the board she proceeded to dive in headfirst. While she was by no means a diving expert the way the water overtook her form as she slid into the water seemed to go in slow motion. He needed a drink, a cold shower and to get the hell out of dodge. This was maddening on so many levels. While he talked to himself in his head, he couldn’t turn his eyes from watching. Dimitri had to get out of that house. She rose from the water and bellowed so loudly she turned to see what the echoing sound was that emanated from the main house. The sun was gleaming and she couldn’t make out anything. Shrugging Rayne grabbed her towel from the bag and dried off. Looking at the time on her phone, two p.m. exactly. She clicked on the video chat and waited for Kris to answer.  His gorgeous face was smiling upon the video coming online. “Sunshine is in sunshine. How are you this fine morning?” “I am lazing by the pool alone today. Billee is at her interview and I am trying to relax. How’s my little dragon?” “Well that is not something you have done in many years, so I hope you actually do. Zane is good by the way. Currently he is stuffing his face with banana nut waffles and discussing why he believes Legos are a waste of money with Miranda.” “Well I can say waffles sound so good. I think I am hungry.” She laughed. “I am relaxing but honestly two days in and I have already had a split second of panic and am ready to come home.” Kris hadn’t seen that kind of pain or torment on Rayne’s face in quite some time. He intuitively knew what was coming would be pertaining in some way to his family. His hope was it was just Angelos. “Why? What happened?” “I ran into…actually bumped into Dimitri. So much for in being a slight chance. He was there plain as day.” Kris tried to keep his face straight and let no emotion show. At the time she asked, telling Rayne that Angelos lived on Crete seemed to not be in anyone’s best interest. “Holy s**t. Are you serious? On Crete? Rayne I am so sorry. I know that had to be painful or awkward…Should I ask how it went?” Rayne recounted the whole encounter word for word, detail by detail. Kris sat emotionless watching her face contort in pain while she recanted. Looking beyond her face he saw a pool hose in the background. You can’t be serious right now. Kris thought to himself.   “So, let’s hope this doesn’t happen again and maybe you can enjoy the rest of your vacation. Put that asshole out of your mind and show me where you are staying.” “This is the pool, garden and pool house.” Rayne pointed the camera around the property. “And over there in the slight distance is the main house.” Her camera panned and Kris’ eyes went wide. What he had thought moments ago was true. She was a tenant of Angelos’ estate.  How the hell fate or karma or the cosmos thought that would be a great idea, Kris had no idea. Miranda walked by and stood behind Kris smiling and waving at Rayne. They exchanged a few words of hellos and how are you’s before Miranda realized what she was looking at on the video. Gripping Kris’ shoulder, he could tell she had come to know where Rayne was actually standing. “Well does my lil dragon, Zane want to come say hi?” “He said he loves you but he has to poop.” They all laughed heartily. That was Zane. Ever honest, ever tactful. “Well then, thank you two again for keeping him. I think we are sightseeing tomorrow. Have Zane call me once at least please? I am going through withdrawal.” “We love you honey. Enjoy your time there and he will call this evening I am sure.” Miranda said blowing a kiss and a wave before exiting the screen. “Alright sunshine. Take care and call or text anytime.  I am working from home all week. And Rayne?”   “Yes Kris?” “Just let the Dimitri thing go. I am sure it was just God’s way of showing you that no matter what happens, you can handle it.” He didn’t even believe it when he said it out loud. She smiled and blew a kiss before hanging up the call. It was true, she could handle anything. The last few years of her life was proof but Dimitri was different than anything else.  She needed to close that door. It was still wide open without closure and if this vacation and the rest of her life was going to truly move forward, she had to close that door. First, she had to find where Darius was and say her peace. Next? Dimitri. He needed to hear all she felt and had to say.     Texting Kris – “Where is Darius buried?” The response was hesitant and took nearly ten minutes. His response was not what she expected. “Don’t do that to yourself Rayne.” “Address?” she texted back “Papagou 156 69, Greece” He proceeded to give her directions to the specific spot but not wanting to really. He knew Dimitri visited Darius often and was honestly trying to save Rayne that issue. She texted him thank you exactly at the same time his wife punched his arm. “What are you doing Kris? Why don’t you just tell her?” Miranda asked him annoyed. “I refuse to bother whatever course has planned. If she sees him again, then so be it. You and I both know they should be married and raising Zane together. I am not going to interfere.” Kris said plainly. “You don’t think knowing she is staying at your brothers and not telling her isn’t interfering? You know Dimitri is staying there for a few weeks too. Kris…I am telling you, don’t try to play matchmaker, it never ends well.” Miranda warned. “I won’t. But I know what she deserves and will do all I can to help her attain it. I am going to warn Angelos in secrecy who he is housing when he calls me this evening.” Miranda nodded and raised her eyebrow at him before leaning down and kissing him fully on the lips. “I love you and your heart Kristos. She is lucky to have you.” He smiled and patted her on the ass. She was an amazing woman and the fact his love for Rayne was accepted was even more enticing.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD