Chapter 3

1819 Words
The next morning I was waken up by my aunt Alice who pounced on my bed. When I glanced up at my alarm clock I realized that it was barely 8 in the morning. Why on earth would she be waking me up this early when all she had to do was fix my hair and put on my dress. How much time could that possibly take? I was whisked away by Alice who put me in the shower and scrubbed me until my skin was raw. When she was finished my skin had its natural glow and I smelled like vanilla and lavender. She put a white silk robe on me that said had the words Mrs. Cromwell embroidered on the back in beautiful calligraphy. Then I taken into her room. It had been a while since I had been in Alice and Jasper's room. When I entered inside it was hard to believe my aunt and uncle shared this room because it was all Alice. I took a quick glance around the room before Alice pulled me over and sat me down in front of her massive vanity mirror. "Rose." Alice called as she began putting a primer on my face. Aunt Rosalie appeared quickly as if she had been just steps away the entire time. Without a word she began working on my hair. "You are so beautiful already, this makeup will just enhance your beauty even further." She said to me as she started adding a coat of foundation to my face. "I hate wearing makeup, it makes my skin feel so heavy." I complained as she added some spray to my face that was supposed to keep the makeup from melting off or smearing. Then she began working on my eyes. She outlined my eyes with white eyeliner before adding a shimmering white coat of eye shadow to my eyes. She dabbed it on the eye lid and in the corner of my eye before tracing the eyeliner. This trick she did highlighted my eyes and gave them sparkle. After she finished applying mascara to my eyelashes she dabbed a nude colored lipstain to my lips. It gave me just enough color to keep my look sublte and natural. "The hardest part is now done." My aunt Rose said to me. "Next your bridal lingerie." She disappeared into Alice's giant walk-in closet for a moment and then returned holding a large garmet back, a velvet shoe box and a smaller garmet back. She unzipped the smallest and held out two pieces of lace fabric. I took them between my fingers and stared at it, confused. "What is this supposed to be?" I asked. My aunt took them back and held them up so I could see their form. "Oh... lingerie... undergarmets." "Yes." She replied, taking off my robe. "Would you like some assitance in putting them on?" I shook my head as I took the two articles of clothing from her and carefully put them on. When I was finished she pulled the velvet shot box from ontop of the garmet back and opened it. Inside were beautiful satin white 3 inch heels. I liked the white bow that rest just above the peep. After I stepped into them she pulled out the dress. "Close your eyes and raise your arms." My aunt Alice said. I obeyed. I felt the fabric of the dress slide down over my arms and head before coming to a snug fit upon my body. It felt soft to the touch and the fabric felt cool so I guessed it was silk or something close to it. I was guided back to the chair and then the veil was fitted into my hair. I was back on my feet again and moved a few steps to my right. "Open." Alice said. When I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was the reflection of myself. My mouth fell open in an 'o' shape as I gazed at the woman in the mirror that was me. "Oh my goodness." I gasped. My eyes went straight to my dress. It was the most beautiful article of clothing I had ever laid eyes on, even prettier than my mothers. The magnificent dress consisted of diagonally draped flanges that created a unique and flattering silhouette to the long strapless chiffon styled gown. The veil matched perfectly with its simple lace and floral design that hung just below my waist. The look was perfect. More than perfect. I closed my eyes, doing my best not to cry so I didn't ruin my make up. "Now for the finishing touches." Rose said. I opened my eyes just as she fixed a pair of tiffany blue pearls to my ear lobes. "Something old and something blue." Alice was at my side again holding a lace garter belt that had touches of blue ribbon that matched my earrings. "Don't kick me." She said before slipping it up my leg, just at my thigh. "Am I done yet?" I plucked up the courage to ask. I was so eager to begin. I wanted to get down that isle and claim Nic as mine for the rest of eternity. "You will need this." My mother said as she entered the room carrying a beautiful boquet of baby's breath that was mixed modestly with Narcissus flowers. I took the boquet and set it to the side before putting my arms around my mother. "I love you mom." I whispered into her ear. "I can't believe you are getting married." My mother said. Then my father was at my side. "You three need to get downstairs, the ceremony is about to begin." "Where are my bridesmaids?" I asked him. "Downstairs near the door, waiting to begin." After my mother, Alice and Rosalie had went downstairs my father looped his arm through mine and led me downstairs. We went to the living room and waited. Then the music began. My hand shot up to my mouth once I realized that it was the Vitamin String Quartet and they were playing a cover of Aerosmiths, I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. The first minute and twelve seconds of the song played through and then the doors opened for Jennifer to begin her march down the isle, tossing the flowers. Once she had reached the second row of benches Paul and Penelope began their walk. Penelope and Paul looked radient beside one another, but what shocked me most was that Paul was smiling. I was unsure if it was for show but you could see the smile reaching his eyes. Afer Paul and Penelope it was Tyler and Jamie's turn to go. After they were halfway down the isle my father and I moved into position at the threshold of the door. "Are you ready?" My father asked me. I gripped the base of my boquet tightly so I didn't drop it and nodded my head. "I'm ready." I took a deep breath and then it was our turn. As we took our first step the climax of the song hit, adding great emotion to the scene laid out before me. The first thing I saw was the white runner that ran the length of the isle. There were small pink flower bunches running along the sides of the runners. In the center were tiny white petals that Jennifer had tossed. On either side of the isle sat rows of white chairs. At the end of every other isle were assorted glass vases with tea lights in the base. The lights added to the romantic feeling. At the end of the isle was a small platform with an arch that was decorated with silk drapes. When I was halfway down the isle I looked up and saw that there were beautiful wisteria, in pink, purple and white, hanging from a beautiful canopy. Then my eyes fell on Nic, my Nic. He was so beautiful in his black tuxedo. I didn't notice anything about his appearance but the gleam in his eyes and the smile grinning back at me. When we finally reached the end my father placed my hands into Nics and took a seat. I looked into his eyes and I knew I was home at last. "I love you." He mouthed. "I love you." I mouthed back. It felt like forever that the Minister took to get to the part that everyone was anxiously waiting for. After we exchanged our vows and said 'I Do' we kissed. Then the music was back, they were now playing Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis Presley. A tear slid down my face as we turned towards our friends and families. My eyes fell straight to my mother and fathers who had large grins on their faces. I continued looking at the faces amongst the crowd and saw the Quileute wolf pack, my grandpa Charlie, Sue and their baby. Some of our friends that fought with us during all three battles were there, even our family from Denali. On Nic's side, apart from his mother and father, were several people I had never met. In the next half second we were being passed through the crowd and congratulated by our families and friends. Fifteen minutes after that had began we finally were able to get around to taking pictures. After that was over with we moved to the area that was set up for the reception where we cut our cake. The cake was a beautiful tierred cake made up of 5 layers. Placed in verticle order going up the cake were what looked like little pearls. The second we had finished our cake my father was pulling me gently to my feet and leading me to the dance floor. The father daughter dance was introduced and then Tim McGraws - My Little Girl began to play. My father and I began dancing to the song. "I can't believe my daughter is married." He whispered to me as we turned on the dance floor. I blushed as a tear fell down my cheek. "This is so unreal." I said back. "I know, I felt the same way the day you were born." "Oh daddy!" I cried. I continued sobbing in his arms as we turned with the song until the very end. Then he passed me off to Nic who took me in his arms and kissed me. The song that played for us was Aerosmiths - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, the original version. I leaned into Nic's shoulder as we sway back and forth on the dance floor. My eyes were closed the entire time as I listened to the lyrics. "I love you so much Renesmee." He said to me. I held on tighter at his words. "I love you too, more than my own life."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD