WHERE THE HELL WOULD I FIND A HUSBAND?

1251 Words
It was another 2 hours until the lunch break and I drew the twins' faces for one hour as they asked for it. Though I did not let them have a look into it, not gonna spoil it. As my house is just three hundred meters away from the school, I’ve been saving a lot of money for my fare and walked here and there. And I’ve managed to count that I needed 450 or 451 steps to reach the house after walking all the way back from the gates of the school. But I don’t own it, though I wish I owned it. The owner does not have an interest in selling the house no matter how much fold of money you give. The house is typically the house I want to live in while I study. It’s a two-storey house with a little balcony on the first floor facing side wards and another balcony upstairs next to my bedroom and is facing front. Flowers? Nope! I don’t have one. All the plants I tried to plant ended up dying, so I decided to stop and so I could save plants. I’m a pretty good human being. “448” “449” “450” “451! It took me 451 steps today? Did I grow too tired? Or were my legs shorter today?”, I said, jumping on my last step as I landed at the front of my gates. I took out the key from my wallet and started picking it into the lock when a car door opened loud enough to get my attention. “Eleanor?”, I stood straight and sighed as I knew exactly who would call me that lame. “Dad, you came?”, I asked with a surprise but my tone did not. He pulled off his glasses and washed the bottom of his coat away to lock his hands inside his pockets. “This is the house you chose to stay in for the rest of the year?”, he gave the house a long look, so I just looked into my house, as well and nodded. “Got any housekeepers?” “I don’t have that here”, he looked at me with a disapproving look. He never liked the idea of me living away from the house, ever from the beginning. “If Grandpa knew this he’d definitely come here, feet all naked to drag you back to the mansion”, I turned to face him with stretched lips. “And he will not do that if you don’t tell him about it. And besides, it’s not going to break my bone every time I swift the floor, or make the beds, or wash the dishes”, I raised my eyebrows for further questioning and he just pulled his necktie tighter and looked at his watch. “And you walked for a kilometer”, I smiled proudly like a 3 year-old kid able to cross the streets with blinding street signals. I raised my left foot to let him see my shoes. “I’ve been walking for 7 weeks now and it’s just 300 meters. These shoes are helping me out! They’re comfortable”, he stared at the foot of the shoes and stood straight back. “I should say they’re torn and unacceptable”, he turned to his back and looked at his assistant, who stepped closer and opened his coat to get a thick wallet and took a piece of card in it. “Get yourselves hundreds of new shoes and a car. You’ve got a million dollars on each card”, he said, and handed me two cards. b***h better have my money?! “I have my card for oozing money. I’ve spent my entire time thinking of how to spend it with the pay amount you guys wire in every month. If only Mom was here, she’d do the same as I did”, I commented in silence but loud enough for my Dad to hear and look at the sky. “Well, she’s above there and worried about your ankles after walking kilometers straight for 7 weeks. If Grandpa knew this, he’d probably give you a ride the whole day.” “And he won’t do that if you don’t tell him.” “Well, there’s no point in telling him now that you’re leaving this house.” “Leaving this house?”, he looked at me straight with an expression like: Are you even my kid? I don’t know what to do with you anymore. “You will leave this house now. Leave all your clothes behind, buy new ones and get in the car this instant” “I told you I’m not leaving”, they can be really authoritative at times. That’s what you get after being born from a descent of the royal family. Yes! They are royalties! You see how they can’t accept me having no maids around? You see how they let me leave all my clothes and shoes and appliances behind? My Grandpa is the only brother of the eldest Prince, who was later crowned King. Which basically means my Grandfather’s father is a King as well, and Grandpa’s father left the palace after getting married to my Grandfather’s Grandma. I don’t know their names. Don’t ask me. So Grandpa has pure royal blood, my father has 50% and I’m not royalty-just dipped with a drop of royal blood and that explains how I can live with simplicity. Even if we’re out of the palace, I feel like I’m in, if I live in the house. It’s shining gold and bothers me. Sometimes, I don’t even sit on the couch and place my ass on the floor in worry I’d scratch the covers. They’re approximately rich, you know? Ever since Grandpa left the palace, he has had mountains of money and started a five-star hotel business and then it grew and grew and grew until I came. The shares of the company are all in one name as my Grandpa only had one son, and that was my Dad, who had only one daughter as well, me. “I expected you’d say that, knowing you’re a hard-headed one. I guess I’ll have to expect my future son-in-law for the next 15 days then”. I widened my eyes to comprehend what he had just said but failed to. “15 days?” “You either go back to the mansion, or bring your husband over in the next fifteen days for dinner. I prefer you go back to the mansion, so would you go back there with me now?” “No” “Very well then, I’ll expect you at the mansion in 15 days”, he did not bother to wait for my reply as he slid into the car and closed the door. Seconds after, the window slid down, revealing his face with the glasses. “And my future son-in-law”, the glass of the window waved up and then the car disappeared. You see that? My Dad loves me sick. He visits me and leaves after a minute of talking about nonsense things. He’s been like that ever since, and my Mom does all the care for both of us. But now that she’s gone, well. “Where the hell would I find a husband?”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD