Chapter 2

1538 Words
As we returned to the house it was immediately clear that Alice didn't tell anyone about her vision. Though the only exception to this was Jasper who was out hunting to try and calm himself from the mental train wreck he had become. Because his emotions were so rocky this caused him to send waves of the unsettling emotions to our guests who didn't take the unexplained mental roller coaster well. "Renesmee is still sleeping." I told my wife as she headed to the steps that led to the second floor where our daughter was sleeping. "I know." She smiled before disappearing up to the second floor landing. A flicker of a face appeared in Alice's thoughts and I was immediately distracted. Turning towards Alice I saw her standing in a ridged position, her eyes glazed over as she was having a vision. The moment it was over I tensed up. Alice looked at me silently, her expression was pleading. "No Alice." I told her calmly. "But he wants to help us..." She begged. I placed my hands on her shoulders and held her at arms length distance as I looked into her dark eyes- it had been a while since she had gone hunting. "That's too much a risk, if they were to turn on us we would all be dead." I explained. "Who is too much a risk?" Bella asked as she entered the room. I released Alice and turned towards my wife. "Alice had a vision that Felix and Demetri want to ally up with us." Bella's eyes widened fiercely before a growl slipped past her lips. "No! They are the Volturi and we can't ever trust them!" She snapped. "But they know the Volturi are over powered and will lose many even with the increasing numbers they have. Their loyalty-" "-Could ensure Renesmee's safety even if we were to falter." I finished for Alice. Suddenly it didn't seem like a bad idea to have their loyalty. Demetri was a tracker and Felix was their strong hand like Emmett was ours. I turned my head to look at my wife. "No! Felix tried to kill us, what if this is just a trap to infiltrate us. Think about our daughter." Bella said to me, I could hear the anxiety shaking her voice as she spoke. I took her hands into mine and brought them to my lips. "Bella, love, if we don't survive we need to make sure Renesmee and Jacob escape. If Demetri isn't on our side they can find her and take her." I explained. "They will be here soon." Alice said. "At least a week tops." "I don't want those men around my daughter and I'm sure Rosalie and Emmett will agree for the safety of the twins." Bella said to me. "What about me?" Emmett said as he came into the house with Rosalie at his side. Rosalie looked at me and then to Bella before she spoke. "What's going on?" She asked. I looked at her. "Alice had a vision that Felix and Demetri want to ditch their coven to make an alliance with ours." Rosalie quickly took Bella's side but Emmett was just the opposite. He, like Alice and myself thought this was a good thing. "Carlisle and Esme will never accept this. It's too much a risk!" Rosalie growled before she took off outside. "Where is she going?" Emmett asked. "To go and find Carlisle and Esme in hopes to persuade them against letting them in." I answered as I looked into Rosalie's mind. Bella looked at me and smiled before she took a seat in the edge of the couch. "Esme will be against this and Carlisle will side with her. He always does." She said cheerfully. That was the truth. Just like when the family voted to turn Bella into a vampire. Esme was all in for it so Carlisle followed suit. The same went for when she was pregnant with Renesmee. Esme was against abortion so Carlisle, despite his wishes, sided to do everything he could to ensure the baby lived. The only way I could win them over was to persuade Esme that their loyalty was the only way to ensure our daughters safety. Their thoughts spoke louder then anyone else's in the vicinity which said alot since they weren't inside the house yet. Just as Bella predicted Esme was immediately against it and Carlisle was behind her backing her up. The moment they stepped into the house I began pleading my case. "Alice saw alot of us dying in her first vision, Bella and myself being in that unfortunate head count. I won't let my daughters survival be at chance I will do everything I can to ensure a safe future for her even if it means making friends with those men." I said to Carlisle. "The chances that they could turn on us is very high son." He said placing his hand on my shoulder. Well that went well for Bella and Renesmee. I had nothing else to persuade them with. Emmett stepped forward. "What if we lure them in and kill them while they are on our territory?" He offered. "I mean I've always wanted to fight with Felix." He added with a chuckle. I looked into both Carlisle and Esme's mind and heard exactly what I wanted to. The tables had turned. "That is a better alternative don't you think Esme?" Carlisle asked. "That would be two less to deal with when the time came." He pressed a big further to try and persuade her. Esme didn't need persuading though because she knew the power of the Volturi coven at whole so decimating its numbers before the fight began was a opportunity that she was already hoping for. "So it's a plan!" Emmett boomed as he rubbed his hands together menacingly. Then he cracked his knuckles. "Oh I can't wait to get my hands around Felix's throat." He added before walking from the room, muttering to himself about him being the strongest vampire alive. Rosalie seemed to be content with this plan so she left to go and check on the twins habitually. When the room was clear of everyone but myself and Bella she finally spoke. "If anything happens to Renesmee-" I quickly pulled her into my arms and held her. "Bella I will do anything to protect you and our daughter." I sighed as I knew words were not enough. "How about the three of us, and Jacob go and visit Charlie until this inevitable situation has been resolved." I suggested. "We can fly out tomorrow." Bella tilted her head up to look into my eyes. I didn't need to read her mind to know this calmed her. She pressed her lips to mine and wrapped her arms around my waist. Suddenly the urge to have her in my arms entirely grew intensely strong. "Bella Marie Cullen you have no idea how much I love you." I said to my wife as I held her gaze. In the next second I lifted her into my arms and headed upstairs. "Daddy..." Renesmee yawned as she stood outside her bedroom door rubbing her eyes. She looked at me and then to her mother. "Why are you holding mommy like that?" She proceeded to ask. I sat Bella to her feet. "No reason." I told my daughter. "What are you doing awake it's still quite early." I asked as glanced at the clock that read 7am. "Penelope woke me up crying about not being able to sleep because of her tummy hurting. Auntie Rosalie is trying to make her better." She explained. I lifted Renesmee into my arms and carried her into the bedroom that was Rosalie and Emmett's. I laid her down in the bed and tucked her in before I left Bella who was attempting to sing her to sleep. As I left the room I stopped as I saw Emmett sitting outside the bedroom looking disgruntled. "Are you okay?" I asked as I took a seat beside him. Normally I would know this answer but Emmett was only thinking about time, which didn't make sense as it wasn't exactly specified. "She's growing up, my Penelope." Emmett said. I saw an image in his mind that looked like Rosalie except younger and more beautiful. This was, telling by the eye color, Penelope who now looked to be around 15 years old. "Her stomach ache is actually cramps. She's become a woman." Emmett added. After a few moments of silence he turned to look at me. "I thought I'd be able to handle this rapid aging thing man but I'm not too sure anymore." I reached my hand over and patted Emmett on the back before I rose to my feet. "You won't be dealing with this alone, just remember that." I said before I walked downstairs. Sitting on the couch before the fire I began thinking about Renesmee. When would she become a woman? When would Bella and I need to start worrying and preparing for that? What about mood swings that adolescent females got, how extreme would Renesmee's mood swings get? More importantly would I breakdown like Emmett?
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD