THE LAST ROYAL BLUE CLOAK 2

1085 Words
The pressure and atmosphere inside the Hall got heavier because of what Sacre said. Everyone in the meeting Hall couldn't believe what they just heard. They want to regret going here now. What they feared more right now would be the reaction of the King. A few minutes later the King still had no answer. They also can't look at him because they don't want to see his possible reaction to what the Demigod said. But everyone's attention went to Pierre as his aura overwhelmed with anger now flooding inside the Hall while looking very badly at Sacre, twitching his face in dislike. Pierre did not speak but based on his reaction he did not agrees with what Sacre said. Pierre wanted the Demigod to retract what he had said. "King Damon maybe it's time for you to break the curse you put on mortals and immortals who know about the past. This could have been avoided if only we could have told others what really happened back then. But what did you do? You even put a deadly curse to just hide everything, especially what happened to your family. " Sacre added that the other Heads just bowed down their heads not wanting to hear any more words from Sacre, they did not know how to stop Sacre from speaking. Luxure, on the other hand, doesn't know what to do, even though she is physically calm but she is panicking mentally. She also could not calm the rapid speed of her heart beating in the chest. "I don't know what you ate this morning but can you just shut up?" Leroy whispered sitting next to Sacre. Sacre tsked on his tongue. "Tch. As long as we're not talking about the past that hasn't ended and been resolved until now, there's also no end to the chaos to come. Everything that's happening now has something to do with the past. So as long as it's possible to end this matter, we should end it all at once." Sacre said in an aggressive tone but sincere and full of emotion. He uttered the word with an eager look, and with strong emphasis. The King thought about what Sacre had said. Even though he couldn't see the emotion cruising on his face, what Demigod said penetrated him. "Why don't we just talk about how to protect the remaining Verminians in Exile? And why did Chaise do nothing while his people were about to exterminate in Exile." Pseudea said that the others were a little happy because the attention would be now focused on Chaise. They don't want to talk about Narco especially since he is now dead. They knew that Narco's death was a red flag that could explode the King in anger. Chaise, on the other hand, narrowed his eyes as he looked at Pseudea who smiled smugly at him. That teasing smile made Chaise's two palms turn into a fist. "I have nothing to say about what happened but I am willing to accept whatever punishment is imposed on me." Chaise's sincere and firm response. "What should have happened has already happened. No one will be punished right now." Everyone's eyes turned to the King. They cannot read what is lingering on his brain. The King is too complex to read and unpredictable nor do they understand what he is trying to convey. It was as if he had lost the ability to think. "King Damon, is that all you're going to say? What's the point of calling us here?" Leroy asked with his eyes were now squinted. "Let's say that Narco is dead but we all know here that he still has an accomplice, his partners are still alive and hide somewhere else and it is possible that he still has unfinished plans and that his companions will continue. Shouldn't we just look for his other companions? What if we are the next target on the list? What if they end up killing the remaining people in Exile? " Leroy added that the other Heads nodded in agreement with what he said. "And Chaise is possibly an accomplice since he doesn't want to talk about what happened, isn't it something suspicious?" Pseudea replied that everyone gazes back at Chaise, waiting for him to deny what the woman said. But Chaise just sighed and then looked at them. "I have nothing to say." Pseudea furrowed her brows. She was running out of patience and look brazenly at Chaise. "He's definitely one of them." Pseudea exclaimed and pointed at him. "If you can show evidence that he is an accomplice, I will cut off his head myself." The King said coldly which silenced everyone in the room for a minute but Lilith manage to broke the intense silence and suddenly raised her hand. "Talk." The King coldly commands Lilith. The woman stood up and politely bowed to the King. "Even though Paristine is the strongest out of the three empires, we still need to be careful. So instead of we, the high rankings messing each other why not just spend our time protecting Paristine and fixing Exile?" Lilith's suggestion in a gentle and serene tone. She talks in a calm manner which persuades the other Heads. They all look at her and agree with her. "It's possible that Narco has comrades. And it is also possible that his comrades still have plans to finish. Whatever it is we should be ready. Let's summon the Officials and Top Sorcerers and Hunters of Exile especially Sumire. As well as the General. " Lilith added. If they plan to overthrow King Damon it would be better to limit Sumire's actions. They need to know what they are doing. Even if Sumire looks at Narco as the enemy of humanity, Lilith knows that Sumire will not just take side with those who want to dethrone the King. Even maybe if the lady will know the truth. "Right now the Exile General is missing." Chaise replied. "I knew it. He's one of them." Proteus quickly uttered. "You have no evidence." Apate's sarcastic groan on her seat. Forcefully mimics the King's tone. It was as if she already knew that was what King Damon was going to say so she preceded him. "Do what you want to do." At the King's final words, all the Heads immediately looked at him. They could not help but be angry with the King. "You're not acting like a king at all." To be continued ...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD