MIRKS 3

1221 Words
Suddenly, the candles went out and darkness flooded all around again but Maddox could still feel the Mirks stare at him intently. The wind blew with no vigor in his face blowing in an indefinite possible destination that howl sinisterly but the coldness around him was intensified as if they were in the middle of a blizzard. Out from the blinding darkness that surrounds Maddox, a disturbing cry of a man that seems in a state of great misery echoed in the unseen abyss. There are two effects when someone could hear that cry: their head will explode in anger or they will feel heavy and negative emotion as if someone has also gone through the bad experience of the man. Maddox is confused by what is happening around him, he looks around. ‘What does his mother want to convey to him? And who is that man crying? ' Maddox wanted to ask many questions but he could not speak. It was as if something was stuck in his throat that was preventing his voice from coming out. Nor could he move even the tips of his fingers. Because of the cold and crying of the man, he could no longer feel anything around him. Even with the presence of Narco that he was trying to find he could no longer feel him. 'I thought she was going to tell me something? but what does this mean?' Maddox asked in his mind as his eyes cruised in the ocean of darkness. Maddox bowed his head in confusion and didn't know what to do. There were many questions that lingers on his mind. What he knows now made him feel exhausting, he doesn't know everything yet but his head is already hurting him. He feels like he is living in a fantasy. He gets everything he wants, they give everything he asks for. He has had all their attention since he was a baby. He is surrounded by beautiful things. And in an instant, it all burned in his mind. 'They only did that because I was different from them.' 'They did that because I was a monster in their eyes.' 'I am a Selten, different, solitary, and new to the bloodline of the Mirks.' 'Their blood flows in my veins but I am different from them.' 'It wasn't Leper that alone but me.' 'It wasn't Leper that different, but me.' 'Leper is not the monster in the family but me.' 'And I really don't exist in their world.' "Maddox, I want to tell you everything but I can't. But I have only one piece of advice for you. Hate the first child you see when you come back upstairs. For now, forget everything that happened down here and at the right time, you'll remember everything too. " Maddox's mother lamented that he still did not understand, black tears streamed down her face continuously but her face remained stoic. Maddox did not understand who she was implying to. He badly wants to speak but his voice does not come out anymore. He wanted to lash out violently, hit or throw things to release his frustration and anger. He could not understand his mother. He had a lot to say that Maddox's tears were already dripping because of frustration. He couldn't help but sob. The wind had stopped and so as the man was crying but the surroundings were still dark and looking sinister. He could hear his own sobbing echoing all around. He wanted to know a lot from his parents. He felt so heavy and his head was about to explode with the amount of turmoil in his mind. "The day will come when you will also understand everything. Now do what you want first. There is nothing wrong with your decisions. And when you remember everything that happened here and what I said, I hope you do what you have to do. To kill that child. The growth of the first child you see when you wake up. " After what his mother told him, he lost consciousness in the middle of darkness. When Maddox woke up he didn't remember anything. It seemed like an ordinary day. And it was like he was just sleeping in his room. Suddenly the door opened and Sumire was spat from there, looking worriedly at him. "How are you?" Sumire asked him with mixed concern as she slightly bend herself to face him lying on the bed. Maddox frowned at her in confusion. What is she talking about?. He looks at her back without breaking his intense stare at her. "What do you mean by that?" Confused, he asked back to her. Sumire was also slightly taken aback by what Maddox said, her big cute black pair of eyes startled but quickly recovered in shock. "I heard you fainted inside the library while looking for me." Sumire replied that Maddox was even more confused. "You're lost?" Maddox asked in surprise because he didn't really remember anything happen. Maddox quickly rose from the bed that he almost met her face so close to him. He paused for a moment and the little girl doesn't seem to bother it. Sumire just step back as nothing happened. "I'm not lost, you just thought I was lost so you command your butlers and servants to look for me." Sumire replies that Maddox still doesn't understand what she is saying. "I can't remember anything." Maddox said as he lightly tapped his head on his hand, Sumire just stared at him. Sumire noticed that something was different about Maddox. The way his action and behavior made her doubt that something is wrong with him. What really happened to him? "I can't do anything if you don't really remember." Sumire's response and shrugged, she went to the nearest sofa and sat there with her little feet hovered on the table. "But where did you come from before if what you said is true?" Maddox asked and quickly out of bed and follow her and was about to sit next to her. Sumire would turn around to face and have answered him when the door of his room opened again and Narco spat from there. "It's a secret." Narco suddenly butts in their conversation with its hand's thrust in his small pockets. Maddox's blood boiled again in anger when he saw him in the room. Why this little man always gets his way when he was with Sumire? When else will he have time to be alone with Sumire without this annoying guy. Narco didn't fail to ruins his mood. Narco just lets out small chuckles when he sees Maddox's face twitch in irritation. He knows how Maddox deeply likes his little princess. "Old brother Maddox, looks like you've forgotten the few hours we've spent together earlier. I felt hurt." Narco acted to clutch his chest as if he was deeply hurt but the playful smile never left on his lips which made Maddox's hand turn to fist and wants to slam Narco in the nearest door. Maddox calms himself not to strangle him to death and face him. "What do you mean?" Maddox asked with a hint of seriousness. Narco approached him and as usual, Narco grabbed by the collar then whispered to his hear "Wake up." To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD