MIRKS 2

1276 Words
Maddox could no longer speak as the thousands of candles floating around them suddenly lit up. His eyes slightly squinted, trying to find where it came from. But what surprised him the most was the countless eyes around. Kinds like his twin Leper. It seems the abyss has its eyes. The number of eyes was looking creepily steadily at them like they were searching for something in their soul. It was void of eyeballs but extreme darkness lurking evilly from there. Maddox even looked down but he could see nothing but complete darkness. Narco, on the other hand, stared into one of the non -blinking eyes that keep staring at them, as if they were in a staring contest. "We're playing who looks away first will lose!" But Maddox was still shocked at Narco more than these eyes. It seemed Narco wasn't even scared with them so Maddox didn't seem to have the right to be scared even if he wanted to because even the one who was 2 years younger than him seemed to be just playing around and there wasn't the slightest fear to be seen on his face. Maddox even tried to manipulate the candles but he failed. He also didn't try to manipulate the hundreds of eyes around them because he knew right away he couldn’t do that. They can do nothing but follow the current, they have let themselves fall indefinitely into nothingness and there is no certainty when they will land at the very end. "Leper." Maddox called out his twin's name in a gentle tone as if Leper would answer him. He feels like Leper is just around, watching over them. "I won't tell our parents! Just give Sumire back to me." He added but still, no one answered. Narco, on the other hand, who was already looking at him, had a huge grin on his face that will almost tear his cheek. Instead of getting feared Narco is deeply amused on what is happening to them right now. 'I can't wait for what lies beyond the veil of darkness in this place.' "You're hurting your twin's feelings." Narco said which made Maddox frowned floating next to him. "What do you mean?" Maddox asked confused. "Cause you talk like you're so sure he's really behind Sumire's disappearance," Narco replied that Maddox's eyebrows had almost met with the excessive frown on his forehead. 'What this i***t talking about?' Maddox couldn't understand what Narco was saying. He was cursing and threatened his twin Leper will be killed if they don't see Sumire right away. And now he was saying something that doesn't make any sense. As long as Maddox is with Narco, he also loses his mind. "But I feel like it was him." Maddox respond unenthusiastically as Narco grinned at him from ear to ear. "Talk about feelings! You put how you feel before how others feel when you accuse them?" Maddox close his eyes out to frustration, his head began aching at what the boy with him was saying right now. This little kid is talking nonsense! "After all you're just a kid." Narco added and laughed loudly that Maddox frowned at him while his eyes were still closed. ‘What if Leper wasn’t the one who did it? Why did I even think of him? What drove me to that conclusion? What if he doesn't? What if I made a mistake? This is definitely what humans would do. And this is also what he hates the most. Am I making him angry more? ' Maddox immediately opened his eyes as he felt the strange silence around him more deafening. He was so shocked and start shuddered when they stopped falling and just floated in the middle of nothingness and they were surrounded by many pairs of eyes as if Maddox and Narco were in the middle of a trial. "You finally crossed the forbidden side, Maddox. But this is definitely not the right time for you but here you are." A gentle and motherly voice of a woman echoed that Maddox immediately looked to his right side where that familiar voice came from but he could not determine where it was. Especially since he can only see a pair of eyes around that surrounds them. "Mother?" Maddox said, he hoped his mother would confirm that but he did not get an answer from her. He was sure it was his mother's voice. He is not mistaken. "Yes, yes that's your mother." Narco replied with nodding one after another. He stared at him badly. "Can you be quiet just this once?" Maddox said that his annoyance can be heard in his tone which made Narco nodded three more times. "Mother." Maddox called his mother again and then a few seconds later she appeared but that's how scared Maddox was when he saw what his mother looked like. She was like the look of his twin like her eyes were abyss, she has no nose and a thick black thread is sewn into her mouth. Suddenly, the other Mirks appeared in front of them and they were also like his mother and twin. Maddox felt cold with fear, not because of how they look but because of the fact that in the beginning, he is different from them, that he has his own world and not his twin. Leper wasn't wrong in the first place but him. "Maddox I told you, you were the monster." Suddenly his twin appeared in front of him that Maddox step backed away as his shocked expression stricken in his face. "This is not true!" Maddox shouted trying to deny the horrible reality in front of him now. Narco frowned as he stared at Leper. "What can you say about this Narco?" Maddox asked the little guy with him, his head was about to explode because of the reality in front of him. Narco even turned his attention to him because the boy did not expect Maddox to ask him this. He burst into a chuckle. "Ha ... Why are you asking that to a 10-year-old like me? I don't know." Narco laughed in response. 'Damn, how could this one be mindless in his family affairs' "But I feel like you know something." Maddox's quick response made Narco laugh again. Seriously? "Damn you and your feelings Maddox this is the reason why you are different from your family." Maddox was stunned by what Narco said like he didn't give damn care of what's going on. "He's right." His twin replied and then Maddox's gaze shifted to Leper who was standing in front of him, who is size and tall as him. Leper stood handsomely like Maddox but only the eyes that were blankly stared at him pierce through his soul. Suddenly, his mother appeared next to his twin. "What are you?" Maddox emotionally asked his mother that he tried to look himself in her eyes but he could only see pure darkness just like his twin. They stand after him with emotionless expressions.  "I must be the one asking you that Maddox. What are you?" His mother questions him back that Maddox that her head was slightly tilted on the right side. was confused about her sudden change of behavior. "It's not your power that sets you apart Maddox from us. It's the fact that you are a human." His mother added as she started shedding thick black tears gushing down to its pale cheek.  "What do you mean mother?" Maddox asked confusedly wanting to approach his mother but he couldn't move to his feet. "You want to hear a story?" To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD