MIRKS 1

1262 Words
"Ha ..." Maddox sighed heavily then released Narco. When he released him, Narco's feet were back to normal. "Oh, I knew it! This basement won't let me leave alive!" Narco's ejaculation was even happier made Maddox's gaze on him badly. This little guy definitely hitting his nerves. "Obviously." Maddox's short response but sarcastic and eyes rolled, then he entered the door to the lower part of their manor. Narco also followed him and he didn't object anymore. He just let Narco go with him but he held him tightly with his right arm so as not to be separated from him. 'This guy is useless and helpless at the same time. As soon as they entered, the door suddenly closed and it was very dark inside. Maddox doesn't even feel like anything alive inside. He does not feel cold or warm. He couldn't even feel Narco who's walking along with him. He felt like he was alone. Maddox was sure he was holding that boy, still holding his hand tightly but he didn't feel like he was holding Narco's arm. He felt like he was holding the air. "Narco." He calls him out but Narco didn't speak but responds afterward. "Yes, I'm still alive. Don't worry!" The enthusiastic answer coming from him made Maddox sigh in relief. He still couldn't feel its presence but he knew he was still holding him and he was just close to him so he was pretty complacent. He doesn't like Narco but he can't do anything because he's Sumire's friend, he's also responsible for keeping him safe even if he's forced to. "Don't stay away from me." Maddox said but Narco did not respond. "Can you hear me?" Maddox asked again. This guy is testing my patience. "Yeah." "Let's go." The two began to walk in the pit of darkness with Maddox holding Narco's arm tightly. They are like blind people walking on the endless dark path where the end was futile. Maddox also doesn't feel like there's anything around that he can control so he can't use his magic. "How long are we going to walk? Where is our destination? I still don't see any light." Narco broke the silence that had previously prevailed between the two of them. Maddox did not know what to answer to the kid walking with him. "Don't ask me. I have no idea either. I'm just sure, I'll walk this dark place until I see Sumire." Maddox makes sure that even in his heart he has begun to doubt his ability to save the princess especially he has no idea what he will face in the very Manor of his family where he grew up. He had no clue what would happen next. It's only now that Maddox realizes that he's not that strong enough. That he still needed to be strengthened and he was still naive of what was really going on inside their manor. "How did you meet Sumire?" Maddox changes the subject. Narco's grin became soundly, so Maddox unconsciously looked at the boy even though he couldn't see anything because of the darkness that blinded them. "What's so funny?" Maddox added irritably to Narco who began laughing. Maddox couldn't help but frown because Narco's behavior was really strange even before. "The important thing is we met first!" It seems like Narco is deliberately made Maddox jealous especially when Narco notices that Maddox likes the princess. Ever since he and Sumire deliver Maddox's birthday present that day, it was then Narco notices the way, Maddox looks at the princess and how he behaves differently in front of her conclude him that Maddox secretly likes her. And it amuses him to tease Maddox who keeps on denying and blushing when Sumire didn't look at him.  "Who the f**k cares?" Maddox hissed in annoyance. "You." Narco laughed in response and Maddox just sighed, he didn't know if he would be happy because he wasn't panicking with him or he would get angry because of the intentional tease that he didn't find funny. "How well do you know your parents?" Out of nowhere Narco suddenly asked a serious question. He couldn't help but feel unsure that only a 10-year-old had asked him that kind of question. "Doting parents." Maddox's response as he keeps moving.  . "Do you know them very well, don't you?" Maddox asked again, frowning slightly. "The way you mention them it seems that you know them very well." Maddox said in a sarcastic tone that Narco laughed a little. "Forget it, how about your twin?" Narco changes the conversation that made Maddox stopped from moving forward. "What's his name again? Leper." Narco also answered his own question. "How did you know?" Maddox wondered. He never once mention the name of his twin to the two of them nor did his family and other people mention the name of his twin as if it didn't really exist. How did Narco know his twin's name? "How did you know?" Maddox repeats his question when Narco still doesn't answer his question. "I've been with you and Sumire for 2 years and he's also been following us for 2 years. It's impossible for me not to be curious and ask those of you here at the manor." Narco replied to Maddox's surprise. He could not believe what it said. Especially in the part where Leper always followed them because he hadn't seen his twin brother for several years. He also couldn't feel its presence so how did Narco notice him? "Who exactly are you?" Maddox asked Narco but he didn't answer. "I mean what exactly are you?" Maddox asked again, he is very curious about really Narco is. Narco burst out laughing. "You already know me and I'm just an ordinary Vex." Narco laughed in response as if that was the funniest question he had ever heard. "Why are you complicating everything?" Maddox's question was running out of patience. This boy really knows how to annoy him. "Nah, I'm not complicating everything. You just didn't know me." Narco seemed even more proud to answer that they had totally forgotten that they were in the middle of a dark and unknown place in the Manor. They don't even know how many hours they have been walking inside the endless darkness. They also do not feel tired and exhausted. "Let's stop for a few minutes first." Maddox's suggestion but when they stopped they suddenly fell for no apparent reason like their floor seems to collapse since it was very dark around and they couldn't see anything. Just like before, they seem to be in a bottomless pit. But this time they are feeling something. Maddox already felt a strange cold around him and he also felt the scorching looks on him. Maddox felt like there were a lot of eyes staring at them. "What's happening?" Maddox asked with a laugh. He really couldn't believe that Narco could still laugh at these circumstances. Unbelievable. "Stop laughing it's annoying." Maddox exclaimed in irritation at him but Narco's laughter got even louder. "Why should I stop? This looks fun!" He laughed in response to Maddox's sigh. He was still holding Narco's hand and there was still no end to their fall. "Helloooooo!" Narco's shout still echoed all around. "Oh, please stop talking for a second." Maddox said that the boy just laughed at him. "I don't regret what I did before." Narco said meaningfully to Maddox's surprise. "What do you mean by that?" Maddox eyed him in wonder then Narco smiled. "Guess what." To be continued...
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD