Chapter 2

1215 Words
Rock music playing in the club. Everywhere crowded and people dancing and drinking all kinds of things.  I sighted the guy that bumped into me earlier with two more people next to him. They seemed to be looking for someone. More like a hunt. I kept on following as I watched him follow a man.  They entered a room and closed the door behind.  I grabbed a man's hand and walked with him into that room.  I sighted the sword in his hand as I ran towards the man in front of me.   "Watch out!!" I screamed as I ran to push him away from the sword. He fell to the ground and looked at me.  And then, he transformed into one strange demon. I don't even know what to call it; Demon or Monster.  Horns on his head, eyes red, the bones on his back were out and obvious, even the claws are longer. Different from the ones in a shadow world. Here I thought I came to California for peace of mind.  "What in the world is happening in this city?" I said to myself silently as I watched the man.  "Careful." The guy I met earlier said as he threw me out of sight. The monster groaned loudly as he faced the guy. The guy slew him with his sword.  The beast vanishes.  I saw another girl fight in that same room. They were not ordinary people. More powerful than I am. I watched closely as they fought the beast. I sat on the floor... really scared. I guess I was.  He looked at me and I focused on him. He offered to help me up. "Are you hurt?" He asked as a guy hit him on the face. The sword dropped. He started to fight the guy as I walked to pick up the sword.  I pierced the sword into the guy's skin. He turned into flames and disappeared. I gasped as the guy from earlier took the sword from me.  "Impressive." He said and smirked at me. He went back to fight.  I watched them battle in the club. It was rough. I panted as I ran out of the room. What in the world was going on? It's even worst than the shadow world.  As I ran out. I bumped into someone. "Sorry," I said and continued to run.  I ran out of the club and entered a cab to my dorm without informing Ava and Owen. *** I stayed quietly in my room biting my fingers. Laying on my back and couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier. The door locked. It was 3 am. I stared at the ceiling but something doesn't feel right.  It was as if someone placed a tail on me. I guessed I was been followed by the club. I heard a groan. A loud grown. The ceiling wasn't looking comfortable either. I saw shadows of a big body above me. Slime dropping on my face. I screamed but I guess no one could hear me behind the closed door.  The whatsoever thing jumped down and looked at me.  I was in shock.  I guessed it'd followed me here.  It groaned again and I didn't know how to save myself. Should I bite it? I guessed it won't have an effect.  I am the Queen of shadow World and I couldn't do anything to save myself.  Tears started rolling down my eyes as I started to cry.  I continued to cry as it slew me with its claws without mercy in its scary big red eyes, looking as if it was about to pluck out of its socket. I managed to stand up and place my back on the wall than before I knew it, the beast burns in flames and vanished. I gasped. Believed that my life had been saved but didn't know who did until I saw the guy I'd met earlier. In front of me with a sword in his hand.  He killed it. He saved me.  I guessed I was still in shock because I couldn't even say a little thank you.  I began breathing fast as I continued to try to hold my balance.  It poisoned me when it used its claws on me earlier.  "Hey. Stay with me." He tapped my cheek.  "Will I die?" I asked with my fading voice and before I knew it... I was out.  *** I gasped as I opened my eyes. I looked around the room but it doesn't look like mine. It was bigger. Could this get any worse? "You are okay." He said as I watched him walk towards me.  "What is this place?" I asked as I stood up from the bed. "I've got to go. My friends will be looking for me by now."  I placed my feet on the ground as I walked to the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob to open the door.  "You still haven't told me who you are. How is it possible that you can see us? Only people with supernatural powers can see us." He said. I dropped my hand from the knob and turned to face him. "I don't know what you are talking about." Of course, I didn't know.  "Well. A mortal can't see us. Who are you?" He asked again.  "Look, I don't have time for this. I have to go to the institute today."  "Those things you saw last night will be back. They will look for you, so right now, you are not safe." He said as he looked at me with hatred in his eyes. Wasn't sure why, but his aura hated me and I could feel it.  "I'm sorry to interrupt your little meeting last night but how will they come for me. They don't even know me or have business with me." I said back at him. What would Ava say when she sees me at the institute? What question would occur in her mind? So many questions on my mind and this guy in front of me? Wasn't part of those questions.  "They got your smell last night and one of them managed to escape. People that can see them don't get to live." He said. "I'm Theo Moore. Demon hunter."  "Inez Sivan. Mare human." I said.  "I don't believe that. I will find answers about you." He walked towards me. "You should do that but right now, I need to find my friends."  "I will show you out." He said as he walked out the door with me.   Everywhere looked strange. Different from shadow world or New York City.  I could see the training basement from afar and I could see the girl I saw with Theo last night. The three people who walked into the club together with him.  She was training with a guy. He was tall and they both wore black up and downs.  Our gaze met and immediately I removed my eyes from hers. I headed out the main door and immediately the building was out of sight.  Vanished just like that.  What the f**k just happened? I had no idea.  Was all that a dream? Strange.  It couldn't have been a dream. But still strange.  I found my way to the institution.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD