Epilogue

461 Words
    Queen Ariadne had heard by now of the untimely death of her sons and needless to say, she was fuming and enraged. In her mind she some how put together that the same person responsible for the death of her grandson's had to be the same one who killed her sons. Through t*****e and deceit she finally was given a name. She assumed this person was out to wipe out her entire family line and that she would be next. In an effort to stay one step ahead of the person she thought to strike first, hard and fast. She followed the information she received to Delilah's home world and she had just crashed through all of its defenses.  (Distress Call) Is anyone out there?! We need assistance! Something is here and the world is ablaze. There is destruction everywhere. Woman and children are dying all over. Whatever it is, has run through our defenses. Hello, can anyone here us?!     The call came in through the communications tower and the report was sent to Commander Ember who in turn rushed it to Delilah's attention as she was sitting in a meeting with her advisors. (Commander Ember) Pardon me my queen but there is an urgent matter requiring your attention. (Queen Delilah) What is it? What's wrong? (Commander Ember) Please follow me to the communication tower.     Delilah saw the urgency in his eyes and immediately followed suit. Once she reached the tower and heard the call she let down her guards and was able to feel everything. (Queen Delilah) I thought you told me she was headed here?! (Commander Ember) That was her trajectory. She was due here within days! (Queen Delilah) Well, she's changed course and heading for my home! (Commander Ember) I do not understand it, it makes no sense! (Queen Delilah) I heard the distress calls myself, she is there and she is destroying everything in her path! I have to get there and take the fight to her! (Commander Ember) As hard as it is to hear that is not your home anymore, your throne and priority are here now! (Queen Delilah) I am supposed to sit here while she lays waste to the planet. I have people there that I care about! (Commander Ember) I am sorry my queen, even if you were to leave now it would be too late to save them! (Queen Delilah) I can hear the screams, the pain and the agony. It's unbearable! (Commander Ember) Stay strong, we can only hope that there will be some survivors left.      As soon as Commander Ember said that there was silence. There were no more distress signals and no one calling for help to the command center. There was nothing left. Delilah felt it before it was even confirmed. Her home world was gone.

Great novels start here

Download by scanning the QR code to get countless free stories and daily updated books

Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD