A chance, not forgiveness.

788 Words
The longer I looked at Conrad, something about his appearance nagged at me, my eyes widened with realization. "You scars...our scars.." I whispered, reaching towards his face, Conrad's gaze softened as my fingers brushed the clear skin around his eye. "Yeah the goddess, took them away, a small gift, on her part." Conrad's words were soft, and his voice sad as he gazed at me. "I'll miss them.." the words escaped my lips surprising us both, my eyes dropped to his hand that rested on his knee. "And that?" I asked, pointing to his hand, Conrad stood, walking back to the doorway, I'm about to call out when he turns the light on, flooding the room. I squint against the sudden change for a minute, whilst my eyes adjust, Conrad returns to his seat beside me, shifting a little closer, our breaths mingle between us. I bit my lip, as his eyes watch me closely, he clears his throat first, rolling up his sleeve. "This moon is my promise to the goddess and to you, its the blood moon like yours." His words remind me, I raise a hand to my throat, sure enough the branded blood moon had returned, I could of sworn it had faded when I died. Conrad kept rolling his sleeve until it reached his elbow, my eyes widened again, black ink that formed to outline of the red moon leaked up his arm like veins, crossing and trailing up under Conrad's sleeve. "The Goddess said they'll make sense to you, but not me." He shrugged, but I didn't understand them. "When will I understand them?" I asked, he shakes his head "I don't know", Conrad replies, his eyes are honest and pained. "What do you know?" I ask, he thinks then begins unbuttoning his shirt, I watch carefully, but nothing tells Conrad's making a move, he pulls off the shirt, and I clench my jaw. He is a beautiful work of art, the veins from his arms braid intricately at his shoulder, into two beautiful black wolves, they scrolled in beautiful designs from their across his chest, they seemed to stop above his heart, the black veins go back up to his collar bone and across to his shoulder, then braided again down his shoulder they intertwine themselves into a black rope armband, below that I squinted, thousands of words were scrolled in lines, of a beautiful cursive, around his arm stopping at the elbow. I run light fingers across the words, suddenly every one I touch a name is spoken into my mind, I shudder; Bracken, Heath, Laurel, Pell, Micheal. "What?" I snap my eyes back to the present at Conrad's questioning voice. "Sorry?" I ask. "You were speaking, Bracken, Heath, Laurel, Pell and Michael." He repeated the names, "Who are they?"  "They are the Alpha's of each pack on your arm." I reply instantly, how did I know that? Conrad chuckles quietly, the sound empty and void of humour. "The goddess has a funny way of getting to you." is all he says, I look at his darkened eyes, pulling my fingers away, he grabs my retreating hand, interlacing his fingers with mine, he eyes become sad. "Please Ivy, I know I've done so much to hurt you, I know you died because of me, I didn't save nor search for you, I didn't protect you like I had promised and I didn't defend you against the pack." He says, his voice cracking, he takes a deep breath, I wait for moment as he adds. "I don't want you to feel pressured by my promise's to goddess, I want you to chose me for me. I want your love freely, for now all I ask is to be given a chance." He finishes, his eye wide and pleading, I hated the way, I wanted to forgive him there and then, so instead offer a tight nod. "I will give you a chance, I wouldn't throw away all our good moments over one death, even if it was mine." I say coldly, Conrad flinches at my words, but squeezes my hand. "Thank you Ivy, all I ask is a chance." He replies thankfully, his voice full of barely restrained emotion. At that moment, a knock fall on the door, and I call out for them to enter. Conrad reluctantly drops my hand and shifts the seat back a few feet. As Mr Walsh enters, with Florain and Jace in tow, his eyes search out Conrad's reaction to the re-entrance of the trio, when he recieves none, he nods. I gesture the three to find a seat, they do so, everyone's eyes now looking to me. "Now everyone's here and I'm in a more stable condition, it's time for me to explain how this is to proceed." I announce, everyone frowns, but I lift my head higher, taking a deep breath.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD