Chapter 5: Acaisia's P.O.V.

1417 Words
It's been a couple months now since things calmed down with my sister and her mate. I knew that Max would come around eventually. You could see it in his face how much he wanted her. Even while being a complete c**k sucker. Regardless of how it happened, I'm just happy Max finally came to his senses. Now things are going pretty good. Max has definitely been making it up to his mate, and to the rest of us. I think I was harder on him than the others, but no one was harder on him than Dad. After a couple weeks of giving Max the cold shoulder I gave up. Honestly, I just felt really bad at the way my dad was treating him. Not that Max didn't deserve it. I think I was so hopeful for them because of how meeting my own mate went. We were raised to hold the mate bond above all else. I spent my whole life excited to finally meet him. When I got my wolf at 8 years old the urge to find our mate only grew. Selma quickly became my best friend. We shifted only a few weeks after she came to me. Ahkari was the same. Got her wolf at the same time, shifted at the same time. Honestly, I thought that we would find our mates together too. Now I was thankful that we didn't. It was on our 16th birthday that I met my mate. Ahkari had snuck off with a girl she was seeing, and thought I didn't know about. My mate had found me quickly. He was the most handsome man I had ever seen, with dirty blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. I was surprised to find that he was next in line to take over the biggest pack on the east side of the country. That was why I didn't tell anyone about what happened. My mate might have thought himself to be a powerful man, but we all knew my family was stronger. Hell, I could probably take out his entire pack if I wanted. But, I didn't want that. I didn't want anything to do with him after all that happened. The night we met he took me back to his room. We spent hours talking about our lives. He really had me fooled. It didn't take long for things to get heated between us. I lost my virginity that night, to the man I was supposed to spend my life loving. I hadn't even got to put my clothes back on before he rejected me. Apparently, everything before was just a ploy to get in my pants, and I fell for it. Fell for him immediately. That's how the bond works. Unfortunately for me, my mate was a righteous asshole. He rejected me while smiling. All because of who I am. "Who could love a Morningstar?" He had said. After the initial shock wore off I accepted the rejection. Holding my head high, I walked out of that room, and never looked back. It took me a while to get back to normal. Not that anyone had noticed. My twin was going through her own thing at the time. I understood, and never blamed Ahkari for not being there for me. Afterall, she didn't even know. Not to mention that she was just starting to figure out her sexuality. Honestly I welcomed the loneliness. It was the only way I could figure out how to go on. Being rejected felt worse than dying. And I would know. Despite that I was falling apart on the inside, I remained unnerved on the outside. No one knew what happened and I was determined to keep it that way. It helped that I never saw my mate after that. Telling Tia what happened was new for me. It drug up emotions I didn't want to feel. I thought I was past everything, and the fact that I wasn't pissed me off. It was so unfair that his b***h ass could still make me cry. He stole more from me than just a mate bond. My entire view of the world changed. It was hard to keep going on when I felt like I had no reason to live. My other half didn't want me, and for a long time I didn't want me either. If it wasn't for Selma I don't think I would of gotten this far. Despite losing her mate she was the stronger one. She never failed to remind me of our worth. As happy as I was for my siblings to find their mates, I hoped I didn't have another. There are such things as second chance mates, but I prayed I don't have one. Honestly, I'm not sure I could handle being rejected again. And I am not willing to risk it in the off chance that I wouldn't be. Supernaturals only acted two ways towards us Morningstars. They either were scared, or intrigued. My mate fell into the scared category. Or at least that's how I feel now. He wanted to feel what it was like to be with his mate, but he was too chicken s**t to accept me. And I am fine with that now. Like I need a mate as weak as him. If I was to ever have anyone again, it would have to be someone who knows who they are. Not a scared little Alpha. Thankfully, Tia hasn't mentioned my mate to anyone. I am extremely greatful for her. Even if she was annoyed I wouldn't tell her who he is. I think that my talk with Tia convinced her that I was more mature than I come off though. Thankfully soon after, she started sending Ahkari and I on missions. We aced our first one, and then all the bullshit with Max happened. Still, we had went on a few short missions though. Now we are standing in Tia's office waiting for her, and Max to give us our next mission. "There is something weird going on in the Fae realm." Tia said. I frowned. "Something weird?" I asked. My sister nodded. "What is that supposed to mean?" My twin asked. Tia shurgged. "No idea. But it's weird enough that they requested our help." She told us. "I want the two of you to teleport to the Fae realm and investigate. One of you teleport at a time so the other is at full strength. Some of the Fae guards will meet you at the normal spot, and show you where to look." Tia said. Ahkari and I nodded. "Got it." We said together. "My family is going to be here in a few days. We were thinking you could check in by then." Max said. I smirked at him. "Huh. Going from calling us Tribrid scum to wanting to introduce us to the fam. My what a change." I teased. My twin snickered next to me. One look from Tia cut that off quick. "Go pack a bag, and leave immediately. The Fae guards will be waiting for you." She said dismissing us. Ahkari and I excitedly made it back home. We packed a bag quickly, and met in our joining bathroom. Our room set up was basically the same as Relly and Tia's, only our rooms are blue. We also had a large ceiling to floor length large window in our rooms. Our parents were working on getting balcony's built in for us, but then stopped for whatever reason. I still liked the window though so I didn't care. "Ready?" I asked Ahkari. My twin nodded. "Want me to teleport us?" She asked. "Yeah, it's probably best if I'm at full power." I teased. Ahkari gave me a playful punch before slamming her hand on my shoulder. In the blink of an eye we were at the gates of the Fae realm. This realm was probably my favorite out of all the ones I had been to. It's the middle of the night here right now. The sky was full of stars, and this world have three moons. One was impossibly close, looking like you could almost reach out and touch it. The plant life glowed in the night's darkness here, and so did the water. I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend a lot of secret time here. "I love it here." My twin said. I turned to her with a smile. "Let's go."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD