Chapter 32

1041 Words
“you can’t drink every time something awful happens.!” Dawn is her natural self, where she lectures me and f*****g never shuts up. She always finds a way to a pool the fun. I know I shouldn't have any fun while Mia is still in the hospital, but I need a distraction, and drinking seems to work. “ so, drink with me.” I showed my hand to an empty glass next to the bottle of scotch. She rolled her eyes and grab the glass. “ I common, one drink, it won't kill you.” “fine, I need it after I visited Mia.” she poured her glass, her eyes shut and down it with one gulp. “ Why, What happen?.” I ask, half scared to know the f*****g answer. I hate to not be in control. “I, don’t worry about it.” she smiled and showed her finger to pour some more. I know it must be something important if Dawn is day drinking with me, she never drinks, especially not with me. “you know, you can tell me anything right.” pouring some more whiskey into her glass. I tried to soothe the tension and get her to just tell me what they were talking about, but knowing Dawn, she will probably f*****g drag it out, before telling me what happened. I hate it when she’s like my mother, always trying to save me. “so what are you doing for Christmas, is your mother coming.?” she rolled her eyes while saying, Mother. I know my mother is not a simple person, I guess I got that from her. “I haven’t decided yet, was hoping to take Mia away for a few days.” Dawn placed the glass down again and showed her finger to pour some more scotch. What a f**k is going on with her.? I’m starting to get nervous, I took the bottle and poured it down my throat. If she is going to tell me what's going on, then I need to be wasted, actually f****d not wasted. “give her some time first, she needs to heal and maybe go see someone, like a psychologist.” and she gulps the glass of scotch again. Staring at the bookshelf behind me. She knows something, I can see it in her eyes. She plays with her hair and showed her finger to the glass again. “f*****g out with it now, what’s going on?.” I said removing the glass from her hands. “Nothing.” she grabs the bottle and started drinking out of it. “ What a f**k Dawn?, Something is up, you never day drink, especially not with me, so out with it now.” “Mia is blaming you for what happened.” “of course she does,” I said, taking the bottle from Dawn and pouring it down my throat. The burn is better than the burn I feel in my heart. Mia never hides what she thinks or feels. “and she wants to go see Noah,” Dawn said in a rushed tone, snatching the bottle out of my hands. I spit out the scotch. “f**k no, she is not going near that bastard, is she crazy, what a f**k is she thinking.” Dawn rolled her eyes while pouring more scotch down her throat. “I knew you’re going to react like this.” “I hope you told her that there is no f*****g way in hell that I will allow it?.” I said, grabbing the bottle back, putting it in my mouth. This day is going to be very long. The bottle is finished, I opened the drawer and the only bottle left is whiskey. I cracked it open and choke on the burning taste that burns my throat. “yes I did, and she freaked out, saying that you have no say in this.” I smiled and shook my head. She is the only girl that ever challenged me. “Why are you smiling, are you going to allow it.?” Dawn asks surprised. “f**k no, I’m smiling because that’s Mia, the girl I hopelessly fell in love with.” Dawn took the whiskey and poured it into a glass. “ yup, that’s Mia.” we both laugh and talked about how Mia came into the company. The way she would freak out if she is late for one of her classes and how she and Monica constantly fought. W we're both drunk by the time our conversation is ended. “ I wonder what’s going to happen now.? Will she forgive me?.” I asked Dawn. “ you had nothing to do with this, yes You put Dwayne in jail for smuggling drugs and you knew about it, but you stopped it, and he deserved it, how many more girls would’ve ended up like Jocelyn?.” Dawn has no idea that the drugs are still flowing into the club, and honestly, I don’t want to see the disappointment on her face if I tell her. The only thing Dawn knows is, that girls Are being shipped in to dance at the club. She still thinks she is the one convincing them that everything is ok and that they will be treated with respect, the same way she came into the state. “ Ok, Mr drunk. I will see you tomorrow, I drank way too much, and I still have Christmas shopping to do.” Dawn stands up and almost trips. She lets out a laugh and salutes on her way to the door. How in the world will I explain all this s**t to Mia?. Maybe I should just keep quiet. I’m sure all this will blow over soon and we’ll be back to normal, whatever f*****g normal is to us. I miss her, I just want to make love to her and tell her how much I love her, but Dawn is right. She needs help first. I need her to be ok, I need her to love me again and to look at me the way she used to, not the way she looked at me at the hospital like she hates me. f**k this, I need another bottle.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD