Chapter 33

1324 Words
“Ms. Johnson?.” I hear the nurse call, but I have no desire to open my eyes, instead, I want to lay here and just drown in my sorrows. “Ms. Johnson, I have your released papers, are you ready to go home?.” what home? I don’t have a home. I stayed for one night at Griffin and then got kidnapped, and then the hospital for the past 3 weeks, so what home?. I opened my eyes and smiled at the nurse. She removed my drip and wrote a few things in a file. “Is there someone you want to call to come and get you?.” I have no one to call, Dawn is angry at me, Joe is not back from her mother for the holidays, and I don’t know how to face Griffin. Maybe I should call Josh?. “I will leave you to it.” the nurse left my room, leaving me to decide who to call. How will I explain to Josh why I ended up in the hospital, and in a coma for 3 weeks?. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. He answered on the first ring, just as I expected. “Hi beautiful, how are you feeling.” my stomach turned by the sound of beautiful. Wait, why is he asking how I’m feeling?. “I’m ok, I need to tell you something, I’m in the hospital and I need you to come and get me. Before you freak out, I’m ok. I will explain everything.” “I know what happened, Mia. I helped search for you.” my body turned ice cold. How much does he know? I immediately thought about Griffin and his secret about Jocelyn. “you do?.” I asked with a soft voice. “yes, I was the one that found you lying in the bushes, well, Dawn and I.” “O, thank you.” that’s all I manage to say. He saved my life and all I can say is thank you, I have this disappointment swirling in me. I thought Griffin was the one that found me. “I will be there in 5,” “don’t rush,” I replied, hoping he doesn’t hear the disappointment in my voice. “I was on my way to you anyway, so I’m close by,” he replied. “thank you.” I started packing my bag. The crutches are uncomfortable. The doctor said it will at least take 6 months before I can dance again, 6 months of not dancing. Dancing is the only escape I have left. My thoughts wandered off. I miss Griffin, maybe I should’ve called him. Dawn is right. He might have started all this, but he was the one that tried to save Jocelyn. She made her choice, and Dwayne was a drug dealer. “you ready?.” Josh ask by the door and I snapped out of my thoughts. “hey,” I said, smiling at him. “hey, you look...” “don’t say tired, I have slept for 3 weeks, so don’t so tired please.” he smiled. “no, I was going to say gorgeous.” I gave him a small smile, and he hugged me. He grabbed my bag and the flowers Dawn gave me and opened the door for me to go out. “so, we’re to?.” I have no idea where to go. “Can you help me look for a hotel please, my budget is tight so nothing expensive?” I can see in his eyes that he dislikes the idea of me being in a hotel, but he just nods and kept his eyes on the road. I love that about Josh, he never questions my decisions, even though some of them are bad. I googled a few places and found one right across a bar, which is not that expensive. “can you pull up here?.” I ask and Josh parked right in front of the hotel. “thank you so much,” I said and opened the door. I struggled with the crutches and Josh ran to help me out of the passenger seat. “let me help you.” he grabbed my bags. The room is quite nice, nothing fancy, but it’s decent. I will look for an apartment once I know if I’m going back to center stage. If not, then I guess I should start looking for a job. “thank you for everything.” Josh is so nice. I kind of feel bad to just ask him to be my driver today, so I suggest takeaways, and he accepts the invite. “do you mind telling me how you found me?.” I ask while placing an enormous piece of pizza in my mouth. “Griffin got a lead that there was a van that kept driving up and down from an abandoned cottage in the woods. So we went to check it out. When we stopped, Griffin jumped out and saw Noah. He beat the s**t out of hi. He kept asking here you are, that’s when I saw you lying under a tree with his brother next to you.” Josh sounds sad, It must’ve been a terrible shock to see me lying there. “Anyway, that’s when I run up to you, you didn’t breath, Griffin kind of zoned out, and Dawn gave you CPR.” I almost choke on my pizza when he said Dawn gave me CPR. “Are you kidding, Dawn? I would’ve killed to see that.” we both laugh. I couldn’t help but think about Griffin that frozed, seeing me lying lifeless on the grass. It must’ve brought back so many memories of Jocelyn. “I have to go, my parents are on their way for the holidays.” he kept quiet for a while and asked if I want to join them for Christmas?. “I Will let you know.” I smiled, and he returned it with an even bigger smile. “thank you again.” he nodded and left the hotel. I sit and stare at the wall for an unknown amount of time. I can’t help but think about Griffin, I should’ve known that he would attack Noah, I would’ve if I didn’t know the truth, and thinking how he stood up for me trying to find me, makes me miss him more. He has done a lot of unforgettable things, and I’m not trying to justify it, but he is trying. He hurt people, and he’s a total jackass most of the time, but what counts is that he is trying to change, or so I hope. I dialed his number Before I could stop myself. “Hey, are you ok, what’s wrong?.” he said into the speaker. “Nothing, I’m just letting you know that I’m staying at a hotel for now, until I can figure out what to do.” “How did you get there, and we’re? Sent me a location, I’m coming to get you.” I rolled my eyes, I knew he was going to say that. “No, Griffin. I need to figure out what to do.” I left out the part where I called Josh to give me a ride. “ Ok, will you at least tell me what hotel?.” I sigh. He will never stop asking anyway. “ I will send you a location. Will you come by tomorrow, I need to talk to you?.” “ yeah sure.” he sounded excited and shocked at the same time. I don’t even know what I want to talk about, all I know is that I want to see him. “ ok then, I will see you tomorrow.” “ I love you, Mia,” he said, and my heart skipped a beat, but I can’t say it back, not yet. “ good night Griffin.” I placed my phone on the bedside table and struggled to get into bed with the cast around my leg. I eventually got into bed.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD